I'm working on a zombie game - feedback appreciated

BruteForceStudio

Nov 22, 2023
Hey everyone,

I present to all of you a project I've been grinding on for the past few months. I call it "We Have RE At Home". It's a zombie game directly inspired by the tone and atmosphere of classic zombies games like, you guessed it, the Resident Evil series. I'm hoping it will bring something fresh to the undead games table.

What's the game all about?

The entire game is built on a single premise. Imagine a post apocalyptic zombie world that is not infested with gruesome, disintegrating zombies, but with hot zombies girls instead. This is a game with an unapologetically narrow focus - banging female zombies.

Gameplay

"We Have RE At Home" will feature multiple fully explorative maps populated with roaming female zombies, scripted random events, and hidden items. The combat will utilize a front view turn based system, featuring interactive enemy sprites. This will not be a cookie cutter grindfest - I'm actively working on the combat system to make it more strategically complex and engaging. Right now, I'm implementing a clothing layer system that allows the player to destory layers of the zombies' clothing during combat. The game will also feature a full equipment system, and allows the player to unlock more powerful weapons as they progress through the game.

Game Engine & Rendering

The game is being built on RPG Maker. RPGM has it's limitations, but it is the most user friendly engine for making a fully interactive game as it features a robust scripting system. This is a deliberate choice as I hope to focus more of the development time towards creating game content, and less on solving technical issues. I am aware of common pitfalls and complaints assoicated with RPGM games such as tedious fetch quests and backtracking, but rest asured that none of these problems will be present in the game.

All renderings will be done in DAZ. In line with the game's grimy aesthetic, the art direction will lean towards a grittier, more realistic feel. The in-game renders will seamlessly integrate a similiar art style, reinforcing the game's immersion.

Screenshots

Weapon_Inventory.jpg

Clothing_Selection.jpg

Map.jpg

zombie_portrait_9.png

trashy_standing_ballgag.png

trashy_missionary.png

This game is a passion project for me, and I'm all ears for your thoughts. If you've got any feedback, suggestions, or just want to chat about the game, feel free to drop a comment below.

Reactions: TheExordick