Ren'Py Imager App [v.92] [Tribe]

Tribe

Game Developer
May 5, 2021
Untitled2.jpg

Overview:
Imager App is a no-nonsense, rapid-fire, image/video JOI application. This game is intended for people who archive images and short videos. If you are someone who has been waiting for a way to fap to all of those juicy pics and animations you've been downloading over the years, look no further. Imager App gets right to the point, it's time to fap. There are several ways to customize your app with many features:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

This project has evolved from a simple app to include a game mode, so it has been moved to the game thread. You can find the most recent version of this project here.

Thread Updated:2021-05-07
Release Date:2021-05-05
Developer: Tribe
Censored: NO
Version: v.92
Language: English
Genre:

Installation:

Developer Notes:

DOWNLOAD
Win/Linux: - - - - -

Extra: Image/Animation Pack: -

Thank you for making this possible: 79flavors anne O'nymous Kinky Shop mickydoo

Gif Preview.gif 1.png 2.png 3.png 4.png 5.png 6.png

Last edited:

FartingRainbows

Oct 14, 2019
I hope the overview and spoiler explains itself better once I'm in the game, because reading it first before play makes absolutely no sense to me. I'm diving in :)

Win, Nopy, 81.17mb. [v.92]

Last edited:

Tribe

Game Developer
May 5, 2021
How about adding a fappable assistant. ;)
That would be the most obvious next step of course if this project is developed further. (y)

I hope the overview and spoiler explains itself better once I'm in the game, because reading it first before play makes absolutely no sense to me. I'm diving in :)
There is a tutorial in the game. I will revise the tutorial and overview based on feedback.

Reactions: FartingRainbows

FartingRainbows

Oct 14, 2019
Ok.. The tutorial went on and on and on, longer than I was prepared for .lol. and then options said I have no compatible images, which I think is a load of bull.. just I think the app wasn't looking in the right place of my HD.
What I also don't understand is.. Why would we need such app when a pc has 2 ways of viewing images: 1) Via Photos, and 2) Via Media Player.
And.. Is this app for making our own [Text Based] games.?

Tribe

Game Developer
May 5, 2021
Ok.. The tutorial went on and on and on, longer than I was prepared for .lol. and then options said I have no compatible images, which I think is a load of bull.. just I think the app wasn't looking in the right place of my HD.
Yeah the idea of tightening up that tutorial crossed my mind so much I put in a shortcut menu on the side... :confused:
I just downloaded it again to test it out. The only reasons I can think of is that your images/videos are either not in "Your Image Folder" or that the images themselves are not compatible.
What I also don't understand is.. Why would we need such app when a pc has 2 ways of viewing images: 1) Via Photos, and 2) Via Media Player.
And.. Is this app for making our own [Text Based] games.?
This is a beautiful question thank you.
While there are applications that can be used to view your images and videos, even ones that will show them randomly, have limited functions as far as controls and their randomness is kinda limited. That said, even if someone is content with the existing applications, my game offers metronomes and image tracking and the like.
Sites and games that have similar functionality either don't allow the use of locally stored images/videos or don't offer a "no-nonsense" fap option. I tried making a game designed for simplicity and straight-forward fappiness.

That said. I am quite surprised at your comment "making our own [Text Based] games.?" because when it came time to consider adding in characters/dialogue I wanted to try and think of a way to make these "assistants" include fully customizable dialogue... :unsure: You're quite perceptive.

• Red Heart
Reactions: FartingRainbows

deadlyelves

Jan 1, 2021
So I tried to load in using a mac and I cannot get the game to point to the 'Your Image Folder' no matter what I try. I have tried checking the package contents and putting the game itself in every layer of the images folder. Any help would be appreciated.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Tribe
Jul 12, 2020
liked the idea, a better local fap-screensaver but I have some remarks
* if this game is made for image scrapers and like, and " Sites and games that have similar functionality either don't allow the use of locally stored images/videos or don.... " why not give the opportunity to select pre existing folders to be viewed ?
just keep the stats and such in you folder, but be prepared to process millions of files. I won't be copying Millions of files to this game dir. I've tried to link (shortcuts) the folders but did not seem to select any of those.
? Why would we need such app when a pc has 2 ways of viewing images: 1) Via Photos, and 2) Via Media Player.
=> there is no good solution for and playing photo's webm webp, gifs & mp4
* on that note the time for gifs & movies should NOT be limited to the max pic time, maybe short gifs can be repeated.
* on the not stretching: please reconsider, but only do like x2 3 or 4 times, no more and nothing in between even for gif and alike.
you can make that an option too.
* I saw quite a few pic's repeating while not seeing others, even some who i've just "trashed" came back
* I would not do some save if you won't make a story out of this. just use the permanent "save-file" or stats database.
-- when using a database you will have to built in some alt-F4 and kill protection to ensure data integrity. Not disable alt F4 and alike, just protect your database. so only use small threaths single record updates.
game save can be a separate table , with the full game stats an # pic , tot time ...
* if using db and the requested (almost built in ) custom folders and files I would suggest that you do the scan in background and use the files already in the db when starting a new game. Maybe a progress bar, or better icon that you are scanning.
+ when scanning do not make the 'mistake' to display "# / total #" only try to display #new files added and up that number
Again data integrity but more if can take an awful lot of time to get the total files from windows.

• Love
Reactions: Tribe

Tribe

Game Developer
May 5, 2021
So I tried to load in using a mac and I cannot get the game to point to the 'Your Image Folder' no matter what I try. I have tried checking the package contents and putting the game itself in every layer of the images folder. Any help would be appreciated.
I have no way of testing the mac version. I simply assumed that generating a mac version would work as intentended. I should not have posted a mac version here without Mac alpha testers. A rookie mistake, I have no excuse.

why not give the opportunity to select pre existing folders to be viewed ?
just keep the stats and such in you folder, but be prepared to process millions of files. I won't be copying Millions of files to this game dir. I've tried to link (shortcuts) the folders but did not seem to select any of those.
I actually have the code for this in the game and it was disabled. The option to add/remove folders was deemed "too complicated" for a simple game by the majority of the alpha testers. I will revisit this and perhaps try to make it more user friendly. The game does keep the stats of images even if you remove them entirely from the folder and replace them later.
* on that note the time for gifs & movies should NOT be limited to the max pic time, maybe short gifs can be repeated.
* on the not stretching: please reconsider, but only do like x2 3 or 4 times, no more and nothing in between even for gif and alike.
This I will definitely work on. Thank you for suggesting it.
* I saw quite a few pic's repeating while not seeing others, even some who i've just "trashed" came back
* I would not do some save if you won't make a story out of this. just use the permanent "save-file" or stats database.
-- when using a database you will have to built in some alt-F4 and kill protection to ensure data integrity. Not disable alt F4 and alike, just protect your database. so only use small threaths single record updates.
game save can be a separate table , with the full game stats an # pic , tot time ...
* if using db and the requested (almost built in ) custom folders and files I would suggest that you do the scan in background and use the files already in the db when starting a new game. Maybe a progress bar, or better icon that you are scanning.
+ when scanning do not make the 'mistake' to display "# / total #" only try to display #new files added and up that number
Again data integrity but more if can take an awful lot of time to get the total files from windows.
I was unable to duplicate images reappearing after trashing them... As for saving etc., I will use this as a reference as I continue to learn my way around python code. These are the sort of things I want to sort out before presenting a full game. Thank you for taking the time to bring this to my attention.

Tribe

Game Developer
May 5, 2021
The second iteration of this application has been developed and posted here.

Anongusser69

Jan 2, 2024
View attachment 1180478

Overview:
Imager App is a no-nonsense, rapid-fire, image/video JOI application. This game is intended for people who archive images and short videos. If you are someone who has been waiting for a way to fap to all of those juicy pics and animations you've been downloading over the years, look no further. Imager App gets right to the point, it's time to fap. There are several ways to customize your app with many features:

Thread Updated:2021-05-07
Release Date:2021-05-05
Developer: Tribe
Censored: NO
Version: v.92
Language: English
Genre:

Installation:

Developer Notes:

DOWNLOAD
Win/Linux: MEGA - GDRIVE - - - -

Extra: Image/Animation Pack: MEGA - GDRIVE

Thank you for making this possible: 79flavors anne O'nymous Kinky Shop mickydoo

View attachment 1180477 View attachment 1180608 View attachment 1180609 View attachment 1180610 View attachment 1180611 View attachment 1180612 View attachment 1180613
Can you make android version pleasee

Tribe

Game Developer
May 5, 2021
Can you make android version pleasee
Sorry to say, but this game is no longer compatible with Android due to the added option to enable partial playback and determine the compatibility and length of animated files.