Mod Wolf RPG Imouto Seikatsu ~Fantasy~ Translation Revision/Mod [DLCv0.1.4] [Imouto_prpr]

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes

Imouto_prpr

May 5, 2024
Thank you for that, it seems increasingly rare to find translations in this style, and I strongly prefer it over "smoothed over" (or even worse "interpreted") translations. Do you happen to take donations anywhere?
Yeah, I absolutely feel you there. Frustrates the hell out of me that the fan translation spirit from 10-20 years ago ended up giving way to so many mass market, lowest common denominator localizations (Mr. Nice Guy version feat. Big Brudder coming soon). Even if the people working on it didn't always have all the knowledge, they came from a place of passion wanting to understand and share the stuff they worked on.

As far as donations idk if that's somewhere I want to go. Financially I'm not in a place where I need the assistance and don't really want anything I do to be encumbered by financial incentives anyway. Appreciate the thought, though; if I can make something that you find valuable enough that you'd be willing to pay for it, that alone is quite rewarding.

• Red Heart
Reactions: ManlyMarco

Imouto_prpr

May 5, 2024
Finally.. almost there..
Yep yep, about halfway through in-game testing of the DLC story and have the whole day off tomorrow to keep at it. Have been getting distracted by assorted formatting stuff, plus a lot of the new scripts really are more literary than what was in the game before so I have been double/triple-passing a lot of the events to tune the writing. Also been tagging as many of the dirty dream events as I can, these were hugely expanded in the DLC. Should still be on track for release tomorrow though for basically all the content (panties screen summary likely excluded, I'll need to work on that over time to try and get it nice).
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

bruppp

Apr 8, 2024
Great work! Can't wait to try out the mod. Found out about this game a few months back and loved it. Been waiting for the DLC for the past few months. Appreciate your work! I also love how you decided to use weeby language in the TL. Just bought the DLC from DL site to support the creators as well

• Red Heart
Reactions: Imouto_prpr

Imouto_prpr

May 5, 2024
Just bought the DLC from DL site to support the creators as well
Yaaas, show Inusuku all the support we can for giving us such a little treasure of a game(sister).

I respect that. If you need any help with cleaning/redrawing do let me know (preferably on discord for speed).
Do you mean like full decensor stuff, or not quite at that level? Art specifically is definitely a barrier for me, though I can do simple Photoshop stuff for UI graphics and whatnot at least. The mello.second fan decensor has been quite a blessing, though I'm not sure if we can expect his return for the DLC content (I've seen the murmurs but no confirmations, and obviously no work actually posted yet after only such a short time).

ManlyMarco

Jan 12, 2019
Well, I can do "the line", but not "the eye", so you want someone else for decensoring :4Head: I mostly do UI and picture redraws for text.

Imouto_prpr

May 5, 2024
Well, I can do "the line", but not "the eye", so you want someone else for decensoring :4Head: I mostly do UI and picture redraws for text, I'm definitely also art-challenged.
Haha, I gotcha. Thanks though. It seems that UI stuff added in the DLC is pretty light, there are a bunch of extra assets but as far as I can tell so far, few of them are actually in the game (maybe stuff that was scrapped from previous ideas or is coming later?). I did spend some time redoing the album images slightly though, mostly just to capitalize the first letter in everyone's name...

Faulty Dreams

May 19, 2017
Hi Prpr, you are working to release version 0.3 later today, right? Asking as I just found out about your translation project and wanted to try it out, but if you are going to drop an update soon, I would prefer to wait.

Good luck with the project!

Imouto_prpr

May 5, 2024
Hi Prpr, you are working to release version 0.3 later today, right? Asking as I just found out about your translation project and wanted to try it out, but if you are going to drop an update soon, I would prefer to wait.

Good luck with the project!
Yes! Plowing through the remainder of the DLC story right now, then hopefully will still have time to port over the script into the album parts (I've got about 12 hours to work with it'll be fine right?). Honestly having a blast with it and really can't wait to get something proper out.

Kasumi-chan very relatable right now tho.
ScreenShot_2024_0617_23_26_56.png

Dawoodi

Jan 17, 2018
Thank you so much for your work, I Can't begin to appreciate all the effort you're putting in translating this DLC aging thank you very much

Faulty Dreams

May 19, 2017
Yes! Plowing through the remainder of the DLC story right now, then hopefully will still have time to port over the script into the album parts (I've got about 12 hours to work with it'll be fine right?). Honestly having a blast with it and really can't wait to get something proper out.

Kasumi-chan very relatable right now tho.
Hang in there, and remember to take breaks, you are doing gods work for us mortals.

I have some questions out of curiosity.

I was also working on a translation project for this game when it initially came out but I had to drop it midway as life got really busy, I started again with the DLC but only for fun and to make it “playable” for myself. Question is, you are using Translation++ for this? Or is there a better tool that you would recommend?

Imouto_prpr

May 5, 2024
Hang in there, and remember to take breaks, you are doing gods work for us mortals.

I have some questions out of curiosity.

I was also working on a translation project for this game when it initially came out but I had to drop it midway as life got really busy, I started again with the DLC but only for fun and to make it “playable” for myself. Question is, you are using Translation++ for this? Or is there a better tool that you would recommend?
Hey, thanks for the concern, though my passion has been carrying me hard through this initial release ╭( ・ㅂ・)و ぐッ! Refreshing and answering stuff on the forums here has been my break mostly, lol.

I've been using the paid version of Translator++ since I started a couple months or so ago, which I've found mostly good about things. The free version at the time did not properly support the game engine's UTF-8 encoding, but maybe that's changed by now. "Context translation" can be a bit of a battle since you have to kind of find the right ID or whatever for each line, but it's workable. I've not tried any of the MTL options it has, I'm sure they're cool but honestly MTL is like a last step for me if I'm struggling with a line and want a "second opinion". Though generally if I'm having a hard time with a line, MTL is also going to spit out some absolute nonsense (it's funny though seeing the sort of fail states AI translation runs into, that stuff wasn't around the last time I did a larger TL project).

I also cobbled together some extremely roughly formatted versions of the big script archives to just follow along in in Notepad++, mostly to see the actual script flow and identify who's talking when not actually testing in-game.

Haven't messed with the game code much directly (in more recent screenshots maybe you noticed the dialogue box is 2% bigger? :ROFLMAO: ) but for that you'll want to use Wolf Editor v3 (there's an English version somewhere on the forums, I think BlueFireNick posted a link to it recently in the Shades thread). I'm trying to avoid doing that as much as possible for now simply because any code changes will need to be manually re-added when Inusuku drops updates, whereas Translator++ should be able to carry over pretty much everything between versions.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Faulty Dreams

ManlyMarco

Jan 12, 2019
Good call since there's supposed to be a bugfix update by the end of this week.

It seems that UI stuff added in the DLC is pretty light
It might be because Inusku had to go through the localization hell. Usually devs learn real quick that baked text is very annoying when translating and then avoid doing that in future games too.

Imouto_prpr

May 5, 2024
Good call since there's supposed to be a bugfix update by the end of this week.

It might be because Inusku had to go through the localization hell. Usually devs learn real quick that baked text is very annoying when translating and then avoid doing that in future games too.
Possible, though in this case there are a bunch of skill icons that, as far as I can tell, simply aren't in the game. Like, there should be descriptions and whatever for them if they were, but I haven't come across anything, nor any way to allocate said skills. There's also an event that didn't show up, I wonder if Inusuku didn't get the subjugation event for it finished so it needs to be added later (like the whole script is there, but in my testing playthrough it never showed up, even though the characters reference it immediately after).

Anyhow I just hit the DLC credits so it's time to copy stuff around into the albums!

EDIT: It's funny though that all my new screenshots are on a file with the title "Wise", as this is actually a leftover mistranslation (it's supposed to be "Meatheaded", the literal opposite). However, since the game saves your title as a string, changing versions won't actually update it so it's just stuck that way.

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 3 Votes