Mod Wolf RPG Imouto Seikatsu ~Fantasy~ Translation Revision/Mod [DLCv0.2.1] [Imouto_prpr]

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes

Imouto_prpr

May 5, 2024
Yup : > that's why i asked for the font used..

Got another one

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You know I really should've reloaded one day on the weekend to check all the onsen/beach event stuff at some point, lol. Maybe I'll do that tonight. As-is I only tested them during normal gameplay so I got like, Yukari's panties, Kasumi's scenes, and Yui's peeping scene. Just looking at the script file it looks like I also missed Kana's name :FacePalm:

Imouto_prpr

May 5, 2024
This one I found in testing myself as well, will be in next update. Interesting how there's the "?" after fortune teller in that event though, hey? That didn't survive in the other fan TL. Also I hadn't realized that the Great Adventure scenes were actually flashbacks until the Album entries made that more obvious (so technically the game is on year 3 of Imouto's time limit, 2 years having already passed since that meeting).

Last edited:

shmurfer

Dec 29, 2019
I've been using WolfDec to unpack the game archives. I don't know how you've managed to have save files that don't work honestly, I've tested saves from the base JP game, Shades's version, FFFox Mod (has some issues but the one major one should be fixed now), and Kagura (with the compatibility patch) and it all loads. Does mtool's injection change the game name somehow? WolfRPG is very sensitive to this, which is why all the fan versions just use the Japanese title. You could try to use WolfSave to change the title in your save files to "妹!せいかつ ~ファンタジー~" if it's something else, I think there might be someone working on a small script to automate doing this as well.
it's actually pretty fucked. Not only does it create another exe, but I think it's the free version of wolfrpg too (red icon mtool_game.exe). On top of that, whatever it does breaks wolfsave (which I managed to download by chance apparently. It's no longer appearing in google for me)

attaching the save if anyone has a eureka moment

Stuff like this I'm 99.9% sure has nothing to do with my mod and are just bugs in the normal game itself. Across multiple versions I've definitely had bugs where weird night stuff happens, like Onii-chan's dick breaking (sex did nothing for him, but if Imouto came while he was inside that still made him feel good), recently I broke Imouto's pleasure gauge (only the GOOD side) as well by sticking it in her butt while there was dialogue and she was climaxing and she was supposed to refuse it.
This one could be both. I've definitely laughed at shit like my imouto's thussy but she definitely allows more things fuller her bar is. I'm usually trying to poke at the system and I often am able to fuck her at points where she normally refuses insertion, but fill up the bar to like 75% or so and suddenly I can. Or licking her, refusing until it's almost full.

Reactions: Imouto_prpr

Imouto_prpr

May 5, 2024
it's actually pretty fucked. Not only does it create another exe, but I think it's the free version of wolfrpg too (red icon mtool_game.exe). On top of that, whatever it does breaks wolfsave (which I managed to download by chance apparently. It's no longer appearing in google for me)
Oh that's really bad. I already experienced first-hand the issues using free Wolf Editor has on the game. My versions prior to DLCv0.1.1 used the free one, it breaks a number of effects used by the game, would absolutely recommend avoiding anything that fucks the executable like this as much as possible.
This one could be both. I've definitely laughed at shit like my imouto's thussy but she definitely allows more things fuller her bar is. I'm usually trying to poke at the system and I often am able to fuck her at points where she normally refuses insertion, but fill up the bar to like 75% or so and suddenly I can. Or licking her, refusing until it's almost full.
I haven't intentionally touched any code in the midnight part, so hopefully I have not somehow inadvertently caused any additional issues. And yeah, I have very much enjoyed doing things to her when she's on the border of not wanting it. Using sublime climax and nutting inside her while she's asleep so when she wakes up with Onii-chan in her butt she's so horny she just accepts her fate and lets it ride; really good stuff.

I suppose I might as well just quickly address the TL differences that you initially were wondering about. Though I do sometimes find it difficult to not embellish lines just a bit with flowery prose, I endeavor not to change what Inusuku is going for with the intention of what he wrote. Shades honestly I don't know what's going on in his head sometimes and it can occasionally trigger me lol. Like his recent post saying how he was checking that the "translation is better" and sympathizing with a line about feeding cats in a screenshot... I should hope he sympathizes with that line, given that he made it up whole-cloth! It's in my TL notes but the JP line for the three dog girls in a box is 「地獄の番犬に食料を奪われた…。」, which even MTL will translate as something like "Hell's watchdogs stole your food" (I don't know why both MTL I tried made "watchdog" plural but that's just MTL stuff I guess).

Rant over but arbitrary changes like that really just burn my butt, or whatever. So uhh, I guess that's the difference at least in mindset; prose style and quality is up to your preference I suppose.

Last edited:
Reactions: shmurfer and Srtee1

Srtee1

May 25, 2020
He does have some known strange translations. I remember a discussion on titles when I first found this game and someone questioned where he got some of the words he decided on. The ones that I still remember are

Yokya and Inkya. Yokya was translated as Manly. Inkya was some other random thing. There's also Tensai translated to Peerless.

That was a real WTF moment. I don't think he ever answered the questions posed. I guess it's localization rather than translation?

Reactions: Imouto_prpr

Imouto_prpr

May 5, 2024
He does have some known strange translations. I remember a discussion on titles when I first found this game and someone questioned where he got some of the words he decided on. The ones that I still remember are

Yokya and Inkya. Yokya was translated as Manly. Inkya was some other random thing. There's also Tensai translated to Peerless.

That was a real WTF moment. I don't think he ever answered the questions posed. I guess it's localization rather than translation?
There are a lot of judgment calls that do have to be made when translating but yeah I really don't get it sometimes. I'll admit that I can't guarantee 100% accuracy (not even close :KEK: ), there are times I am unsure about a line and have to ultimately go with my best interpretation. I have continuously been correcting my own errors as I later realize them and again, do not intentionally want to misrepresent the intent of the script. Now whether or not you think Kasumi or Yukari or someone with a rather distinct way of speaking would use the specific diction I've chosen to write for them are absolutely subjective matters, but what I'm trying to do is hit my sweet spot for prose that reads pleasantly (or even amusingly) enough without changing the meaning. Sometimes it'll be a bit awkward on the English side, other times the phrasing will be a bit rearranged from the Japanese, but that's the tightrope walk involved.

Actually now that you've brought up Youkya and Inkya I should update those, I wasn't aware of the slang usage of these for personalities but have now looked it up. Some of his are definitely just stuff he wanted to throw in, as seems to be generally the case. Though the decision that weirds me out the most is taking "school" out of "school swimsuit" (and maybe related, "student" out of the "student standard" panties).

Last edited:

IrrelevantOnF

Mar 12, 2022
How so you initiate the new DLC story? I've beaten both Onsen events previously. I redownloaded the full game from your upload, however I have just ported over an old save file. I figured it'd initiate just from going to the onsen but it didn't appear to for me. Anyway, thank you so much for translating everything so quick! You are really going God's work, I was prepared to be waiting months!

xkajl

Sep 7, 2020
How so you initiate the new DLC story? I've beaten both Onsen events previously. I redownloaded the full game from your upload, however I have just ported over an old save file. I figured it'd initiate just from going to the onsen but it didn't appear to for me. Anyway, thank you so much for translating everything so quick! You are really going God's work, I was prepared to be waiting months!
you need to finish the postgame first iirc

shmurfer

Dec 29, 2019
Just start playing, during the weekdays your guild time will be interrupted with needing to go to the hot springs. You'll need to spend weekday guild time going to the hotsprings to progress.

Imouto_prpr

May 5, 2024
The Yukari Kitchen text before this one has a japanese text in the middle
So this one is also intentional. The original Japanese suggestion is 「ユカリ'sキッチン!」 (lit. Yukari's Kitchen!). Stylistically it is in mixed script, with the possessive in Latin script. Not wanting to just drop the mixed script completely and render it completely boring, I ended up flipping it. This is the weeb translation, after all ;)
Also when the credits roll out after you beat akatsuki, when you're in the house there's some japanese text mentioning the v1.1.0.
I feel like I remember this pop up from previous playthroughs on other versions... I'll see what it is when I get there in my current testing playthrough.

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 3 Votes