Mod Wolf RPG Imouto Seikatsu ~Fantasy~ Translation Revision/Mod [DLCv0.2.1] [Imouto_prpr]

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes

Imouto_prpr

May 5, 2024
How to play DLC with Game 0.2.0 followed, is it possible?
I was really confused about which one to choose... between GamePro.exe or Game.exe
GamePro.exe is the new executable file built from the Japanese DLC's version so you'll want to use that. Though if you have a Game.exe file, are you trying to update from the Kagura version? If so you'll need to unpack it first with WolfDec or something, but if that sounds too confusing, just download the full game version instead.

Imouto_prpr

May 5, 2024
Pushing an update mostly because I found some lines in the random events that somehow got shifted, resulting in random "The garden!"s across a few events due to the line that was replaced :FacePalm:

Reactions: ManlyMarco

IrrelevantOnF

Mar 12, 2022
Just start playing, during the weekdays your guild time will be interrupted with needing to go to the hot springs. You'll need to spend weekday guild time going to the hotsprings to progress.
I didn't see that as an option during the week? If you're talking about the hotspring quest from before the dlc, I've already done all that

IrrelevantOnF

Mar 12, 2022
Did you do the follow up subjugation as well? The DLC story continues directly after that event.
I'm pretty sure I did, but there could be soe kind of error on my end. I'll try downloading it all again. It could also be cause I downloaded the FFox mod, honestly I forgot I downloaded that so there could be some kind of compatability issue

Imouto_prpr

May 5, 2024
I'm pretty sure I did, but there could be soe kind of error on my end. I'll try downloading it all again. It could also be cause I downloaded the FFox mod, honestly I forgot I downloaded that so there could be some kind of compatability issue
FFFox saves should work, probably. Well, at least old ones. I actually did most of my testing on what was technically an FFFox save, and there was only one particularly bad conflict I encountered (which should be fixed).

Though actually, did you try dropping FFFox Mod on top of mine? Because that definitely won't work; unfortunately WolfRPG is not designed for modularity at all, so basically every mod that touches any of the game code (translation included) will completely overwrite the whole game's function. Basically, if you drop FFFox Mod on top of my game, you'll just get FFFox Mod; all the game code for the DLC will be overwritten.

Last edited:

TheLurkerBelow

Apr 6, 2020
I figure I should mention this, but I had to run the version you posted with a local emulator for Japanese. I don't know if it was just a me problem, or if it was stated somewhere that it would be required in your original post and I'm just stupid, or if it slipped your mind to include it, but I got confused when I was trying to run it normally and there was no dialogue text or anything showing up. You might want to include a little note somewhere in your OP that it needs to be run in Japanese or use a local emulator or whatever for the foolish gaijin like me.

Reactions: Imouto_prpr

IrrelevantOnF

Mar 12, 2022
FFFox saves should work, probably. Well, at least old ones. I actually did most of my testing on what was technically an FFFox save, and there was only one particularly bad conflict I encountered (which should be fixed).

Though actually, did you try dropping FFFox Mod on top of mine? Because that definitely won't work; unfortunately WolfRPG is not designed for modularity at all, so basically every mod that touches any of the game code (translation included) will completely overwrite the whole game's function. Basically, if you drop FFFox Mod on top of my game, you'll just get FFFox Mod; all the game code for the DLC will be overwritten.
Yup, I dropped it on top. I'm silly, sorry about that! Just redownloaded it and now it all works perfectly. Thanks heaps!

Imouto_prpr

May 5, 2024
I figure I should mention this, but I had to run the version you posted with a local emulator for Japanese. I don't know if it was just a me problem, or if it was stated somewhere that it would be required in your original post and I'm just stupid, or if it slipped your mind to include it, but I got confused when I was trying to run it normally and there was no dialogue text or anything showing up. You might want to include a little note somewhere in your OP that it needs to be run in Japanese or use a local emulator or whatever for the foolish gaijin like me.
Oh uhh, maybe I should lol. Not gonna lie I've run every PC I've owned in JP locale since like 2008 so it's not something I even think about, except maybe when random installers decide to open in Japanese.

EDIT: Actually what does it even look like when it loads broken? I was about to put an entry in Troubleshooting but realized I have no idea what the broken behavior is. Tried to locale emulate English to see if it would break but apparently that didn't do it.

• Haha
Reactions: hurrdurrderpderp

IrrelevantOnF

Mar 12, 2022
Oh uhh, maybe I should lol. Not gonna lie I've run every PC I've owned in JP locale since like 2008 so it's not something I even think about, except maybe when random installers decide to open in Japanese.

EDIT: Actually what does it even look like when it loads broken? I was about to put an entry in Troubleshooting but realized I have no idea what the broken behavior is. Tried to locale emulate English to see if it would break but apparently that didn't do it.
I normally have my system language set to Japanese, however I recently changed it back to English as a program wasn't working correctly. Despite my system language being set to English, the game seems to be working fine for me so far.

Imouto_prpr

May 5, 2024
I normally have my system language set to Japanese, however I recently changed it back to English as a program wasn't working correctly. Despite my system language being set to English, the game seems to be working fine for me so far.
Huh... Wonder what the other guy's issue is, then; maybe running one of my older builds where the executable was left in Japanese? Honestly I don't know if even that matters. Thanks for the heads up though.

In other news I've been trying to get the panty screen summary working a little and it is indeed a bit of a battle lol. Reordering stuff and coding a bunch of extra checks trying to wrangle it, hopefully can actually manage to. It's such a funny little feature but getting it to produce proper sentences after translation no matter the variation AND still fit properly in the box with at least halfway decent formatting is some real nonsense.

EDIT: AAAHHHHH at some point I modified Imouto's greeting at normal mood and typo'd. Literally the first thing that happens when you click on her I hate it. Guess I have to get the summary stuff ready sooner than later so I can push that update.

Last edited:

IrrelevantOnF

Mar 12, 2022
A little thing I found, could be a glitch on my end idk, is that when using the Daeson colour mod, the dlc sprites get glitchy and messed up. Not really an issue because I can just not use the mod, however might be something to note if it's not just a me-issue

Srtee1

May 25, 2020

I didn't need to set locale to JP and the game works fine. On Linux btw but shouldn't make a difference. Games that need JP locales would still bork out and I'd need to set the locale to JP accordingly. Though no emulation was ever needed since I can just set it per game.

JohnPastel

Dec 5, 2019
Hello Imouto-san! I don't usually post here but I want to make an exception to thank you for making your own translation.
I've been replaying the game since yesterday with your version and I'm having a lot of fun with it!
I've not gotten to the DLC yet as I'm taking my time to savour it, but I'm having a blast neverless.
Imouto Seikatsu really is the best Living Sim out there in the market, and being able to play it this way is a blessing!
More than the weebiness (which I'm all in for it), I also think your prose is way better and fitting than the other translations available, Kagura included, and makes the experience really fun!

I also wanted to thank you for making me realize that weeb translations still have an audience, and that many people are also missing them. I'm currently translating a certain game myself, but was a bit anxious at the fact that it might have been seen as too weeb, but playing your version, I finally understand that keeping Japanese culture in our version is nothing to be ashamed of, and this motivates me even more to do my best with my own translation!

Now for some typos or whoopsies I encountered:
-In Great Adventure, on stage 80, when you discover the World Tree Forest, there is a typo "I've never been this before far" instead of "I've never been this far before"
-In one of the random events during the evening, Onii-chan is the one who's getting the static electricity shock, as reflected by his motivation going down, not Imouto-chan
-Not sure if this is from the translation or the game, but when the traveling doctor appears in the evening, and you refuse his help when you're not scratched, the game says that you don't have enough money even if when you do instead of mentioning you refusing.

I'll keep on playing and write here if I see other things that might be wrong, once again, thank you for your contribution to this awesome game, and can't cait to be able to play it with the FFFox mod one day later on!

Imouto_prpr

May 5, 2024
A little thing I found, could be a glitch on my end idk, is that when using the Daeson colour mod, the dlc sprites get glitchy and messed up. Not really an issue because I can just not use the mod, however might be something to note if it's not just a me-issue
Hmm, I haven't actually used Daseson's mod myself, but that seem a bit odd. Just poking through the archive, all I'm seeing are image files (and a random desktop.ini file?), so generally speaking all that should do is make things look different. There would be a lot of extraneous images since it's built for FFFox Mod support, but I can't imagine that would actually affect the game, seeing as it never has instructions to call any of them. Maybe I'll test it a little myself at some point but really I have no idea why it would cause any issue at all (none of the several hundred image replacements I drop over the base game have caused any grief so yeah I don't get it).
Hello Imouto-san! I don't usually post here but I want to make an exception to thank you for making your own translation.
I've been replaying the game since yesterday with your version and I'm having a lot of fun with it!
I've not gotten to the DLC yet as I'm taking my time to savour it, but I'm having a blast neverless.
Imouto Seikatsu really is the best Living Sim out there in the market, and being able to play it this way is a blessing!
More than the weebiness (which I'm all in for it), I also think your prose is way better and fitting than the other translations available, Kagura included, and makes the experience really fun!

I also wanted to thank you for making me realize that weeb translations still have an audience, and that many people are also missing them. I'm currently translating a certain game myself, but was a bit anxious at the fact that it might have been seen as too weeb, but playing your version, I finally understand that keeping Japanese culture in our version is nothing to be ashamed of, and this motivates me even more to do my best with my own translation!

Now for some typos or whoopsies I encountered:
-In Great Adventure, on stage 80, when you discover the World Tree Forest, there is a typo "I've never been this before far" instead of "I've never been this far before"
-In one of the random events during the evening, Onii-chan is the one who's getting the static electricity shock, as reflected by his motivation going down, not Imouto-chan
-Not sure if this is from the translation or the game, but when the traveling doctor appears in the evening, and you refuse his help when you're not scratched, the game says that you don't have enough money even if when you do instead of mentioning you refusing.

I'll keep on playing and write here if I see other things that might be wrong, once again, thank you for your contribution to this awesome game, and can't cait to be able to play it with the FFFox mod one day later on!
Honestly I'm exactly the same way; I've been effectively on hiatus from fan TL stuff for about a decade, and things really are something else. Raw (or close to it) machine TL translations were just... not a thing I'd ever experienced. So conversely, it makes me very happy to see that there are at least some people who do still think there's value in having something read well, or have a faithful translation, even if it is just a silly Imouto grooming sim (now with friends!). Inusuku put a lot of care into making the game; I think it's fair to do the same.

Thanks for the error reports, let me address them:
1) Thanks for this, apparently my brain auto-corrected this every time I read it but you are indeed correct.
2) Oh, thank you for making me take a closer look at this! The issue here was actually a mistranslation because I didn't realize that "cockroach" (gokiburi) is sometimes abbreviated as "G". I know that seems like a wildly off-base mistranslation but without that knowledge, combined with Inusuku jokingly leaving a comment that reads "G-Shock" (a watch brand), I assure you it was indeed quite confusing (Kagura did get it though, damn). If this upsets Onii-chan more than her, maybe it's because he has to deal with it?
3) I checked the lines for the doctor thing and the translations all look to be in the proper places. Must just be an Inusuku thing I guess; maybe he'll fix it, maybe I can go in and fix it later (I'll note it down).

Alright, time to bite the bullet and actually draw out a flowchart for the panty summary screen (seriously, it's gotten to that point). Starting with the Imouto side and have it at the point where it seems like it works well enough in end-game situations, but early game I'm still seriously concerned that it's going to spit out some real nonsense. The Japanese text does itself so many favors by not having to use commas.

EDIT: Oh, and I should mention as far as fan TL goes; just jump in and do it! If you have the passion, if you want it to be good, then it's worth trying to make it happen. There will be things you don't know, there will be things you get wrong, but you absolutely learn by doing (it's not like the "professional" industry for game translations is scrambling any less). Make the product you would want to consume, and people like you will enjoy it as well. You can't control how other people will receive your work, but what you can do is make something that you yourself enjoy.
...And if you're not enjoying it? You can just stop. I've been there before myself as well. It is massively to Inusuku's credit that I've had the drive to get this far.

Last edited:

JohnPastel

Dec 5, 2019
Oh, and I should mention as far as fan TL goes; just jump in and do it! If you have the passion, if you want it to be good, then it's worth trying to make it happen. There will be things you don't know, there will be things you get wrong, but you absolutely learn by doing (it's not like the "professional" industry for game translations is scrambling any less). Make the product you would want to consume, and people like you will enjoy it as well. You can't control how other people will receive your work, but what you can do is make something that you yourself enjoy.
...And if you're not enjoying it? You can just stop. I've been there before myself as well. It is massively to Inusuku's credit that I've had the drive to get this far.
Thank you, I'm taking your words at heart. I mostly feel the same too, but there is always a part of me that is worried more about than public reception than my own, though that's to be expected as it is my first time doing something in this domain, but I'll get over it.
At the very least, I'm still having a lot of fun doing it and learning more about Japanese, so I'll keep at it ;)

In the meantime, I've been playing for the last six hours and didn't find anything else to report!
Man the hours are flying by, there really is something about that game that's magical, that's crazy.
Finally got to the new DLC content, so I'll see how it goes there!
Also, I'm curious to see how you are going to tackle the panty menu, good luck, as you say the Japanese language has it easy for mixing text like that...
Hope you can have your own tranquil run soon, though!

• Red Heart

TheLurkerBelow

Apr 6, 2020
It runs, but none of the dialogue shows up. You can click through the game as if the text is being displayed, and it will show you pop ups like the choose your onii-chan background but there is just chunks... missing. It's kinda weird. Screenshot (260).png Screenshot (261).png

JohnPastel

Dec 5, 2019
Alright, I finished my first playthrough of the dlc, I must say it made me quite emotional at the end,
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I didn't find anything wrong with your translation of the DLC again, except for maybe one like that Yukari says saying that the aprom guys are "interred in a hospital" instead of "interned" but it could the a well-thought pun too!
Kasumi really got the focus of this DLC, that was fun, a bit of a shame for Kana not getting anything, but if what I wrote in my spoiler is true, then I guess that could be the reason why, huh.
Thank you again for your translation! Now, it's time to wait for the modders to update their mods to make it even better than it already is, the kamige of SLGs!

Imouto_prpr

May 5, 2024
Alright, I finished my first playthrough of the dlc, I must say it made me quite emotional at the end,
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I didn't find anything wrong with your translation of the DLC again, except for maybe one like that Yukari says saying that the aprom guys are "interred in a hospital" instead of "interned" but it could the a well-thought pun too!
Kasumi really got the focus of this DLC, that was fun, a bit of a shame for Kana not getting anything, but if what I wrote in my spoiler is true, then I guess that could be the reason why, huh.
Thank you again for your translation! Now, it's time to wait for the modders to update their mods to make it even better than it already is, the kamige of SLGs!
Haha, that was indeed a typo, thanks! It's a bit of a mystery why Inusuku chose to focus on what he did, though as far as side characters go Kasumi was easily my fav even before the DLC, so I can't say that I'm upset at him for it. Yui's feels could really be something at times, too. I think all the characters came out of it all quite charming though, and that's really what I'm all about with this anime nonsense. Also maybe some of the sexy stuff, I guess.
It runs, but none of the dialogue shows up. You can click through the game as if the text is being displayed, and it will show you pop ups like the choose your onii-chan background but there is just chunks... missing. It's kinda weird. View attachment 3766426 View attachment 3766427
Thanks for reporting back! It's a mystery why you're getting hit by this while others seem to be running it without issue (just from the title bar being in English it looks like you're on the right exe version), but I've added an entry in troubleshooting in case anyone else runs into invisible dialogue boxes.

Otherwise I think I'm getting there with the Imouto side of the summary screen. Testing every case I can think of (including impossible ones, like if you managed to make her climax 8+ times in a night without waking up while still being a virgin) and creating exceptions to handle bad outputs where necessary. I'm pretty sure the Onii-chan side is a lot simpler but we'll see.

• Red Heart
Reactions: JohnPastel

Nightwatch12

Formerly 'Wan Jun Kit'
Aug 3, 2018
Just curious is the cheat mod compatible? or you are working on it ? by the way man thanks for your effort for bringing this game to us

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes