Mod Wolf RPG Imouto Seikatsu ~Fantasy~ Translation Revision/Mod [DLCv0.1.4] [Imouto_prpr]

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes

Imouto_prpr

May 5, 2024
Hmm, there's a little more original stuff in the album scripts than I thought there would be. I do still have quite a bit of time to work with though, so might I be able to get it all done anyway so long as my brain doesn't turn to mush.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Kuroterian

gmnbf

Feb 16, 2021
you mention "will finish today", what time today ends for you? ;)

And I checked the mega download, I dont need to download the legacy folder for the game to work right?

Imouto_prpr

May 5, 2024
you mention "will finish today", what time today ends for you? ;)

And I checked the mega download, I dont need to download the legacy folder for the game to work right?
Well, I might end up running on a 26 hour clock if I can't get it technically done on what is "today" for me, lol. Just finished copying all the duplicate stuff in the albums (which is most of the content, as you'd expect), now I need to TL the remaining original stuff and that should be it for the initial release version. I think I have all the updated UI graphics done as well.

And yeah you don't need the legacy stuff for the DLC version. I'll put up a few different packages, but if you happen to already have one of the previous alpha DLC versions there will also be a little package just to update to the latest. Otherwise there will be a full game package as well as one to update from the base Japanese DLC version of the game.

Faulty Dreams

May 19, 2017
Hey, thanks for the concern, though my passion has been carrying me hard through this initial release ╭( ・ㅂ・)و ぐッ! Refreshing and answering stuff on the forums here has been my break mostly, lol.

I've been using the paid version of Translator++ since I started a couple months or so ago, which I've found mostly good about things. The free version at the time did not properly support the game engine's UTF-8 encoding, but maybe that's changed by now. "Context translation" can be a bit of a battle since you have to kind of find the right ID or whatever for each line, but it's workable. I've not tried any of the MTL options it has, I'm sure they're cool but honestly MTL is like a last step for me if I'm struggling with a line and want a "second opinion". Though generally if I'm having a hard time with a line, MTL is also going to spit out some absolute nonsense (it's funny though seeing the sort of fail states AI translation runs into, that stuff wasn't around the last time I did a larger TL project).

I also cobbled together some extremely roughly formatted versions of the big script archives to just follow along in in Notepad++, mostly to see the actual script flow and identify who's talking when not actually testing in-game.

Haven't messed with the game code much directly (in more recent screenshots maybe you noticed the dialogue box is 2% bigger? :ROFLMAO: ) but for that you'll want to use Wolf Editor v3 (there's an English version somewhere on the forums, I think BlueFireNick posted a link to it recently in the Shades thread). I'm trying to avoid doing that as much as possible for now simply because any code changes will need to be manually re-added when Inusuku drops updates, whereas Translator++ should be able to carry over pretty much everything between versions.
Oh, so there is a big difference between the pay version and the normal one that is quite significative. I also never messed up with code edition on this, I was just trying to do something small for myself. Thanks for the response, now you got me more excited for your translation.

Good luck man, take your time and I will be cheering on the background!

Reactions: Imouto_prpr

mlanei

Jul 22, 2021
It's been almost a week, less. If you truly are planning to release it tomorrow, then you are going at breakneck speeds. I was expecting the translation to take months, holy moly. good work then.

Imouto_prpr

May 5, 2024
Alright, busy for a while this morning but should have plenty of time to clean up the remaining content a bit later. I'm pretty sure I've run out of scripts to get surprised by so this should be straightforward to finish off. Maybe I'll give a quick go at the panty screen's summary section as well, though I get the impression that doing that part properly will involve recoding how it works a little.

It's been almost a week, less. If you truly are planning to release it tomorrow, then you are going at breakneck speeds. I was expecting the translation to take months, holy moly. good work then.
Heh, I'm less fast, more stupid (you could say dedicated if you want to be generous). Sure it's only been out a week but I've somehow thrown over 60 hours at it; yesterday alone was about 15 hours in hopes of getting something out but didn't quite get there, but certainly all that time reduces the work that's left. Ongoing revisions will also take an undetermined amount of time but hopefully I've at least given it enough care that it should read fairly nicely and have most of the typos ironed out (at least in the DLC content, might actually be more random errors in the base content, heh).
No worries at all, go get some rest. I want none of that crunch culture in my products if I can help it. ;)
Though in this case it's more personal excitement and adrenaline:ROFLMAO:. I'll definitely give every entry a normal look over as well, part of what slowed a lot of it down was trying to match exact wording where possible in many of the thumbnail entries. Inusuku attached "quotes" to a lot of them but not always does the quoted text match the script it's referencing precisely, and sometimes they actually aren't referencing any previous thing at all; both cases cost time trying to look it up. Also formatting, as they have to fit in a static box in the corner. Admittedly they do still look quite bad and I don't know what I can really do to fix that, unfortunately; I do actually give a lot of attention to text layout in the dialogue box so it is just a little frustrating.

EDIT: Oh crud did the bugfix patch just come out? Guess I should try and rebase to that, lol.
Alright I moved over the TL project to the new DLC version, hopefully the bugfixes didn't muck anything up too much? I wonder if he enabled the mysterious missing event, maybe I should try rolling back to an older save to test...

Last edited:

Faulty Dreams

May 19, 2017
Alright, busy for a while this morning but should have plenty of time to clean up the remaining content a bit later. I'm pretty sure I've run out of scripts to get surprised by so this should be straightforward to finish off. Maybe I'll give a quick go at the panty screen's summary section as well, though I get the impression that doing that part properly will involve recoding how it works a little.

Heh, I'm less fast, more stupid (you could say dedicated if you want to be generous). Sure it's only been out a week but I've somehow thrown over 60 hours at it; yesterday alone was about 15 hours in hopes of getting something out but didn't quite get there, but certainly all that time reduces the work that's left. Ongoing revisions will also take an undetermined amount of time but hopefully I've at least given it enough care that it should read fairly nicely and have most of the typos ironed out (at least in the DLC content, might actually be more random errors in the base content, heh).

Though in this case it's more personal excitement and adrenaline:ROFLMAO:. I'll definitely give every entry a normal look over as well, part of what slowed a lot of it down was trying to match exact wording where possible in many of the thumbnail entries. Inusuku attached "quotes" to a lot of them but not always does the quoted text match the script it's referencing precisely, and sometimes they actually aren't referencing any previous thing at all; both cases cost time trying to look it up. Also formatting, as they have to fit in a static box in the corner. Admittedly they do still look quite bad and I don't know what I can really do to fix that, unfortunately; I do actually give a lot of attention to text layout in the dialogue box so it is just a little frustrating.

EDIT: Oh crud did the bugfix patch just come out? Guess I should try and rebase to that, lol.
Alright I moved over the TL project to the new DLC version, hopefully the bugfixes didn't muck anything up too much? I wonder if he enabled the mysterious missing event, maybe I should try rolling back to an older save to test...
I know we have said this plenty of times, but take care man. If you insist to keep going on full throttle, make sure to get a good rest afterwards.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: Imouto_prpr

Imouto_prpr

May 5, 2024
I know we have said these plenty of times, but take care man. If you insist to keep going on full throttle, make sure to get a good rest afterwards.
Honestly it's been so much fun that it hasn't been a hardship at all. Going through the play test and seeing all the lines and banter actually show up in the game with their events was fantastic, and I really hope that others can have as good a time with it all as I have.

I do intend to get my sleep tonight, however.

Imouto_prpr

May 5, 2024
Good work!! and thank u for your deligent work! but i was wondering how do u access the DLC? Pr is it possible to start from an old save :unsure:
Yeah, if you want to skip right to the DLC story you can load a save in the post-game; the main story part opens up after finishing the second onsen event, so basically it's after you've beaten all the base game content.

In other news I may have gotten distracted making something fun (for me at least) but am now back on the scripts. Shouldn't be too much longer now... Well, still a few hours, probably. Maybe I'll experiment with the panty screen summary for a bit as well, we'll see (might be able to get it at least as good as it was before in the legacy version, though I'd prefer it be just a little bit better eventually).

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 3 Votes