Mod Wolf RPG Imouto Seikatsu ~Fantasy~ Translation Revision/Mod [DLCv0.3.1] [Imouto_prpr]

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes

Imouto_prpr

May 5, 2024
Hey there Imouto_prpr, I wanted to say thanks for all your hard work & that your translation is my favorite by far.

Here are just a couple of minor errors I've found.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I also remember seeing a few minor errors during a few of the early days of the DLC but I don't have any screenshots for those I'm afraid. Thanks again! Will keep my eye out for anything else I find :)
Thanks for the support (and the reports)! I'm up to the DLC in my testing again as well so we'll see if I can't find some of the leftover errors myself as I go. Though I'm going pretty slow with that because I've been spending more time doing stuff in the code lately, as well as just doing whatever else since the urgency is way down these days.

WaifuTycoon

Apr 11, 2024
Thanks for the support (and the reports)! I'm up to the DLC in my testing again as well so we'll see if I can't find some of the leftover errors myself as I go. Though I'm going pretty slow with that because I've been spending more time doing stuff in the code lately, as well as just doing whatever else since the urgency is way down these days.
Makes sense; working in the code must be interesting. I like the addition of the config file; I can imagine it being used for a lot of tweaking and such. I wonder if it's possible to tweak/remove some of the RNG during 'New Game'/title selection. Something like adding an option to select which question to answer to more easily target the desired 'Onii-chan' titles (having to reload a dozen times just to get the desired titles is my biggest annoyance :LOL:).

Here are a few more things for your review.

Imouto_prpr

May 5, 2024
Makes sense; working in the code must be interesting. I like the addition of the config file; I can imagine it being used for a lot of tweaking and such. I wonder if it's possible to tweak/remove some of the RNG during 'New Game'/title selection. Something like adding an option to select which question to answer to more easily target the desired 'Onii-chan' titles (having to reload a dozen times just to get the desired titles is my biggest annoyance :LOL:).

Here are a few more things for your review.
Thanks for the reports, there were a couple instances of "little sister" left in the script it looks like, which generally speaking I'm not opposed to, but given that it was literally only two I might as well change them. First one was a result of swapping a word and being careless (it was originally "showed her panties off" but I noticed eventually that that option actually has her wearing her top as well, and the other option actually has her wearing her panties if her interest isn't high enough or something). The last one is actually correct, it's just kind of an awkward sentence ("so much for X" is an expression of its own so it kind of ends up that way).

As for code stuff I'm using the same editor as Inusuku (like Nick does with his mod) so the limitations are really just what Wolf Editor itself supports. I did just make some (unreleased) changes to the title selection but it wasn't related to changing function. Probably won't make any gameplay changes there, though I did add the feature to change your title to whatever you want (cosmetically) if you'd like, just have to re-enable it in the config. If it's the extra bonuses you're after, that'd be better added just with general cheating honestly. Maybe I'll cook up a sort of debug menu at some point, idk. Now that I have a scheme for enabling/disabling features I can kind of add whatever without having to worry about breaking gameplay as long as I make the weird stuff hidden by default.

ManlyMarco

Jan 12, 2019
I've found what the issue with the save files was. I forgot that I ran the game with MTool and apparently if you save the game with it hooked in, the save is incompatible with stock game...

WaifuTycoon

Apr 11, 2024
Alright! New update! Love the newly added features. :D Just a note though, I don't know if this should be a given or not but simply updating using the smaller update package (and replacing the old 'conf' file with the new one) did not add the new sound effects or keyboard controls to the midnight play section; I had to update the game by re-downloading the full package.

Also, I've just made it through the 1st half of the base game again and have a few more reports for your review.

Thanks as always for your hard work :)

Imouto_prpr

May 5, 2024
Alright! New update! Love the newly added features. :D Just a note though, I don't know if this should be a given or not but simply updating using the smaller update package (and replacing the old 'conf' file with the new one) did not add the new sound effects or keyboard controls to the midnight play section; I had to update the game by re-downloading the full package.

Also, I've just made it through the 1st half of the base game again and have a few more reports for your review.

Thanks as always for your hard work :)
And thanks for the reports as always. A little confused about the config part though as I thought I tested that pretty thoroughly. The way it should be working now is that if options are undefined in the config and DefaultUndefined = 0 isn't specified, it should use the "default" profile options, which turns most new features on. The whole point of that was to make it backwards compatible and avoid having to manually update every time if you don't care and just want to run the defaults (or set it once to never use new stuff until you specify it yourself) so I hope that it's not just broken somehow.

I create and test new release packages by dropping the new Update package over the previous full release version and firing up some old saves to see if things behave as expected, so the core archives (script and game code) are literally what's in the Update pack. Just did a quick check upgrading from the 0.2.1 (rather old) package with both no conf.txt file at all as well as a dummy one with nothing useful in it and it seems to be running the defaults properly.

WaifuTycoon

Apr 11, 2024
And thanks for the reports as always. A little confused about the config part though as I thought I tested that pretty thoroughly. The way it should be working now is that if options are undefined in the config and DefaultUndefined = 0 isn't specified, it should use the "default" profile options, which turns most new features on. The whole point of that was to make it backwards compatible and avoid having to manually update every time if you don't care and just want to run the defaults (or set it once to never use new stuff until you specify it yourself) so I hope that it's not just broken somehow.

I create and test new release packages by dropping the new Update package over the previous full release version and firing up some old saves to see if things behave as expected, so the core archives (script and game code) are literally what's in the Update pack. Just did a quick check upgrading from the 0.2.1 (rather old) package with both no conf.txt file at all as well as a dummy one with nothing useful in it and it seems to be running the defaults properly.
Hmm, I think I understand what you're saying and it makes sense. I just noticed that the small update package only contains the 2 files 'conf.default.txt' & 'conf.vanilla.txt' so what I did was delete the old 'conf.txt' file (from the 0.3.0 release) and replaced it with the new version of 'conf.default.txt' by creating a copy and renaming it 'conf.txt'. When we install the updates using the small update package will the 'conf.txt' file automatically update itself with the new variables etc? It sounds like maybe I'm thinking about it too hard, :LOL:

*Edit: I went back and re-read your 1st post about the introduction of the 'conf.txt' file and yeah, not sure what happened when I 1st updated. I guess Windows is just gonna Windows, lol (ignore my rambling)

Last edited:

Imouto_prpr

May 5, 2024
Hmm, I think I understand what you're saying and it makes sense. I just noticed that the small update package only contains the 2 files 'conf.default.txt' & 'conf.vanilla.txt' so what I did was delete the old 'conf.txt' file (from the 0.3.0 release) and replaced it with the new version of 'conf.default.txt' by creating a copy and renaming it 'conf.txt'. When we install the updates using the small update package will the 'conf.txt' file automatically update itself with the new variables etc? It sounds like maybe I'm thinking about it too hard, :LOL:
Yeah, replacing it like that should work fine and is what the template files are for; did you maybe copy the vanilla config instead by accident? I don't include a conf.txt because I don't want it to overwrite any custom config anyone has set because of updates, so I tried to set up a scheme with the DefaultUndefined setting to handle cases where conf.txt doesn't include all the proper settings (or even if it doesn't exist at all). I would have preferred to have the game write new options into the conf.txt file itself if I could but I don't think Wolf Editor is able to write data to arbitrary files, unfortunately.

So basically, on update, if you just want the new stuff I've deemed appropriate defaults to activate automatically, leave DefaultUndefined = 1 in there and it'll just use the new defaults even if it's not defined in conf.txt. If you want to disable anything, set it to 0 and it'll stay disabled until you change it. The template files are just templates that show what options are available and their standard settings, the game never accesses those files at all. Most new stuff will be enabled by default, but if I do add something like a debug menu, that kind of thing would be off by default as it is an extreme modification to normal game function and not meant to be part of the regular experience.

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes