Mod Wolf RPG Imouto Seikatsu ~Fantasy~ Translation Revision/Mod [DLCv0.3.3] [Imouto_prpr]

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes

Imouto_prpr

May 5, 2024
Just a small update this week, wasn't sure I was going to even bother but then I tried to fix an annoying issue with using keyboard controls during Midnight Play and found something that I think works. Aside from that, very few script changes, and hopefully I didn't accidentally mess up some line somewhere just doing other stuff...

So the thing that might be interesting is the new config option, NightCursorRefresh. It only has any effect if keyboard controls for Midnight Play are enabled and is intended to address the annoying issue where the cursor changes its position and goes invisible while you're trying to have a good time. I think the reason the game does this is because of inactivity, but I can't find where it actually calls the function that does it so I couldn't fix it directly. Frustratingly, simulated mouse inputs do not seem to count as activity. However, when the cursor moves to the edge of the window where it changes to the resize icon, this registers as mouse activity, so I made a function to automatically refresh the cursor by shoving it all the way to the top corner for a frame before bringing it back to where it was every ~50 seconds, which in testing seemed to prevent it from going invisible. Also added a manual refresh that can be performed with R, which works even if the automatic option is disabled if you find the automatic refresh too distracting or something (I tried to make it as unintrusive as possible but still). This might not work in fullscreen mode (no idea), but the sprite scaling looks terrible doing that anyhow so it's fine, right?

Anyway, gonna work on some stuff that might never see the light of day :KEK:

Last edited:

kohi_kohi

Nov 15, 2021
If you do decide to make your own monochrome inspired game like someone else already did (living in Viellci), I'll be looking forward to it myself, especially since you have a great grasp of language and skillful with development.

shmurfer

Dec 29, 2019
If you do decide to make your own monochrome inspired game like someone else already did (living in Viellci), I'll be looking forward to it myself, especially since you have a great grasp of language and skillful with development.
If you've been paying attention to LiV you'll see how much more of a mountain that is. The latest update is art bound.

Imouto_prpr

May 5, 2024
Haha, honestly I am inspired, and I do have ideas, but anything that happens would be on an absurd timeline. I've done a decent amount of hobbyist-level programming in my life and had been working on something in Godot prior to running into this game, so it's not like I wouldn't very much like to make something of my own one day. I'd love to make something that is genuinely just a straight up good game, but also you go home and enjoy family values with your darling little sister. Like imagine except also horny. My twisted sense of humor would enjoy seeing people's reactions to that.

Art is definitely a battle for me though, but enough time can fix pretty much all problems if one really wants to. Part of my playing with some weirder content in this game is pushing myself to see if I can pull anything off on that side of things as well. I have to say, the monochrome aspect certainly makes it much, much easier.

So yeah, I wouldn't expect anything to come of it, but certainly I'll be playing around with stuff for my own sake. There's a good chance it'll come to nothing, but I'm just out here enjoying life so whatever happens, happens.

kohi_kohi

Nov 15, 2021
If you've been paying attention to LiV you'll see how much more of a mountain that is. The latest update is art bound.
It is a very tall order yeah, but hey I believe prpr has got it in him, should he want to.

That being said, I ain't gonna force him either, all I'm saying is if he suddenly announces he was doing that then my eyes would be watching.

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes