Ren'Py - Inc House [v0.05a] [Whimfu1]

1. 3.00 star(s)

Skullivan

Review as of v0.05

How Long To Beat: 2 hours

A Ren'Py attempt at a Summer Memories type game with Loud House-inspired characters in a new art style.

There's plenty of potential here, but as of now the grind is a bit uneven and unbalanced.

If you've play Summer Memories, you've got an idea on how this works, although it's limited by it's Ren'Py engine interface. Don't expect to unlock the instant gratification of sex scenes like Summer Memories. The similarities are in the format and setting. You navigate a house which the love interests travel around randomly. You have to manage your Lust and Affection to have sexual interactions. The game cycle is mostly: Talk with the girls to get Affection > Spend Affection Points for a Sexual Interaction > Gain Lust Points from sex > Spend Lust Points for Spellcasting > Spellcasting opens up new opportunities and situations. Another point of comparison is the furry game Book of Lust.

The art direction is great and is truly the selling point of the game. I love the sketchy pencil line thickness, the black and white color scheme with some color highlights on the characters. It looks great. The character designs are also pretty good. The environment design is pixel-based and also looks good. Unfortunately environments are hampered by unintuitive layouts and there's no fast-travel.

Animations are lacking. The actual formats of the sex scenes involve clicking through hot spots to start animations, which fill an erogenous meter, allowing the scene to progress. The animation style, like many 2D games, is rather choppy instead of fluid. They aren't terrible, by any means, but they aren't extraordinary.

Progression gets a little grindy. About an hour in I was skipping days to progress content, because there was nothing to do. I maxed out the spellbook within the first 7 in-game days. There aren't enough interactions to keep hooking up with the characters at this stage of the game.

There are several mini-games of varying quality. There's a translation mini-game, which is unscrambling a word via Scrabble pieces; a shower mini-game where you masturbate to a girl while she showers, and you have to stay hidden via clicks; and a shop-lifting minigame where you undress a character via magic and find what she's trying to steal. I think the concepts for each are solid, but each has it's own jank. The shower scenes need adjustment on how fast the girls turn around. The shoplifting minigame has a bug with selecting items. I didn't have issues with the Scrabble game, but I have read that others have.

Overall, this is a fine game so far, even if it feels like a glorified demo right now. I'm excited to see where it goes.

Recommended.

PROS:
    +Great art direction
    +Characters are fun so far

CONS:
    -A bit grindy to get started (getting your first Affection and Lust points takes some figuring out)
    -Unintuitive map
    -Mini-games are a bit janky at points
    -Too many moments where there's nothing to do, especially at night.
    -Animations could be better
  2. 5.00 star(s)

Ccharles

A cool game

Story: You are really desperate for pussy so you summon a motherfucking demon to get pussy, crazy stuff then follows (you get pussy)

Pro:
    - Basic cool linear story (summon demon to fuck girl)
    - Rad artstyle
    - Actually has music in the background so you dont go mad from absolute silence while you jerk off
    - Okay playtime
    - Can fuck milfs (cool)

Cons:
    - UI is bullshit to navigate for points with girls and romance
    - You dont fuck that much (compared to the rest of visual games)
    - Cant sometimes tell where to go (There is a quest log tho)
    - Pretty repetive and grindy (read book, tell girls nice things so they eventually suck your dick)
    - Needs more kissing scenes (personal preference)

Neutral:

-
    You are a twink and need to man up

Otherwise the game is good so far and updates are good (writing this at 0.05a)

5 star
  3. 5.00 star(s)

harem.king

v0.03a

Summoned a succubus now fuck everything (starting with your female relatives) is an old trope that has very commonly been used in many games. So the game is not original, but that is fine so long as the execution is well done, and it is.

The art is beautifully hand drawn. Very sexy and appealing.
    The lewd scenes are hot.
    The characterization so far is a lot of fun.
    The girls are very cute.

GUI is a little rough still but shows promise. It is very early in dev so I am giving that a pass.
    Overall this game is great thus far and I am very much hoping for more.
  4. 4.00 star(s)

Biggietoe

Solid game so far, it has pretty decent art, decent story so far, and a lot of potential for future scenes, characters, and events, can't wait to see what the Dev has instore for us in the future, solid 4/5
  5. 4.00 star(s)

KnightPegasus

Good art, maybe can have a re-deseing in the future because the story can be more big with the characters that they not put, the gameplay is basic but fun and the possibility of new characters and scenes for this game are huge