RPGM - Completed - Inferior Genes and Ponytails [v1.0] [STARWORKS]

1. 2.00 star(s)

TheHighSpire

Here's a review of Inferior Genes and Ponytails v1.0 by STARWORKS

As a preface, I played the game for about 1 hour and 30 minutes (give or take). The game is very much an exposure game. That is, the entire game play is about exposing the MC, and slowly progressing in the type of scenes.

The game play suits an exposure game, with it being on the slow side. You can move to different locations and expose yourself there. That is, at one point you can just walk through the street, then later you can expose yourself there and lastly you can masturbate/etc there.
    However, I personally find this type of game play to be boring. It feels as if I'm trying to simply increase numbers to get new scenes.. which is what the game play is about. I feel that it would've been more interesting if the player were allowed to choose how far they wanted to take it. This way would've made some role play available while at the same time also increasing the speed. Perhaps, if the MC isn't ready, they could react in an averse manner, which de-incentivize the player from pushing too hard.

Interface and Menu: You will spend a lot of time in the menu. The menu is made in a way where you have to click more buttons than you really should have to. It would also have been nice if it simply displayed that a new action/location were available so that the player wouldn't have to check all the time.

The Art is alright. The girl is attractive enough - though nothing out of the ordinary really. The men she attracts are unfortunately all in the "ugly men" category that some games loves to use. I really dislike that type of art. Sure, the game is about exposure... but why not expose yourself to somebody who is not really filthy? - Or at least add different characters so that they aren't all ugly.

If you want the quick version:
    The Good:
    • The MC is decently attractive
    • There is a small amount of customization with types of underwear/no underwear.

The In-between
    • You are basically stat-padding to unlock new scenes.
    • The core game play loop is not overly interesting.
    • The menu is a bit clunky to work with.

The Bad:
    • The use of the ugly-men-harass-pretty-girl theme is a turnoff to me.
    • There are no choices. Adding choices in different scenes would spice things up, and add role play.
    • None of the characters that you expose yourself to has a name. It would be more interesting if some of people that the MC expose herself to, were people she felt attracted to.
    At the end, I simply found the game quite uninteresting. There was nothing that really kept me playing the game. Perhaps if you are really into exposure and exhibitionism, then this may be of interest to you, otherwise not.
  2. 3.00 star(s)

Stat

I'd put it as the very definition of "average" for the genre. Artwork is alright, there are no animations per se, the scenes are alright and overall gameplay is ok, though it might get repetitive now and then

The very typical corruption by ugly fucks playing like a visual novel. I almost want to rate it lower if only because it felt like it could go so much further, but alas
  3. 3.00 star(s)

apache14

Decent art, decent story, decent gameplay, decent translation, decent game.

This is a typical "highschool girl fucks ugly bastards" type of game. What's not typical is that, despite being an RPGM game, it feels closer to regular VN game.

The main character started as an innocent highschool girl who haven't had a bf, and have frequently rejected her schoolmates' confessions. Through our choices she started to open herself to H stuff, not with her schoolmates, but with ugly bastards, like businessmen & homeless people. There are 5 endings in this game, all with ugly bastards.

The thing that bugs me is how the game doesn't let her interact further with people from school. She had some interaction with a janitor, but it stop midway through the game. Her only interaction with male students are (1) when she walk in hallway & people look at her thighs, (2) when she climb the stairs & people take a peek at her panties, and (3) when her friend fucks her during compensated dating. Such a waste of potential.
  4. 3.00 star(s)

LordCorwin

Writing: 5/10
    Imagery: 5/10
    Gameplay: 6/10
    Kinks: 4/10
    Overall: 5/10

Ya'll ever hear of the term 'Bug Chaser'? Because that's what Ponytail, Chinami, our main playable girl is. She might not know it, but her pursuit of exposure will lead her down some rather unsavory paths. Sleeping with fat balding businessmen for cash, providing sexual favors for the luckless Janitor, and even sucking the cheesy dicks of homeless men in their cardboard boxes. *hurp* Hold on, that last one got me a little.

The artwork is nothing new or impressive, very similar to other "pristine high schooler becomes a mega slut cum bucket in the matter of weeks". Ponytail has giant knockers, but nothing else about her is really striking. Of course it need not be said, but the men in this are closer to something like a mutant than a human being. They are gross, sickly looking things. I'd probably have been more interested in exploring the sexual scenes if the men had been ogres, or goblins, or even dogs.

I guess if I had to say something nice, it would be that you are allowed to peruse a path where Ponytail enjoys a little exposure, some nighttime streaking, and maybe even public masturbation. But you don't need to spread her legs for any of the creatures around her. That might be boring, but I like to be able to finish my meals without losing my appetite.

Overall, a general skip unless this is your kink.
  5. 4.00 star(s)

James Boner

The translation is not that bad. I downloaded the game from gofile and it was fully translated. I had downloaded the game earlier (not sure from where though, not even sure from this site) and the translation was horrible. But it has been translated ! The file for the fully translated game was called "inferior_genes_and_ponytails_v1.01" so make sure you can see that and not just "pony... something" before you extract the game.

Anyway. The game in itself is pretty short. But I did appreciate the CGs. You get what you came for. It's straightforward although the day-night system annoys me since you can only do 1 action per day / night most of the time. Plus you won't need to go through endless intro to get to the scenes. The reason why I could not give 5 stars is that I would have appreciated more animation during CGs and some CGs are quite copy-paste from each others. The corruption system is decent though.

TL;DR Decent game. Short, straightforward. good CGs and corruption system. Good translation. A bit repetitive. Try it if you got the time.