infinitestarsdev

Game Developer
Jun 17, 2020
So can you fuck the squids or not?
Soon... TM.

But we are working on it. It will probably be a while, since getting there in the story needs to feel natural and not forced, and like someone else mentioned, you just met them in person for the first time with the current update. Unlike what the other poster said, it won't take 3 years. (But it's not imminent either)

infinitestarsdev

Game Developer
Jun 17, 2020
How slow is the update?
We post weekly devlogs to track our progress, and have been doing so for consistently for 2+ years. I try to have a new Patreon release at least once a month, but sometimes (like when I added an additional 60K words of content) it takes 3-4 months.

That said, we're busy looking to expand our team with additional writers, which should speed up the average release cycle.

infinitestarsdev

Game Developer
Jun 17, 2020
So this ends when you get access to the AI core and the mod stuff there?

Just checking that it's not a bug. I can go to the AI core or Areoponics and there's some options in each place, but no way to progress as far as i can see.
Yup, we wanted to add the AI core so people can start creating their own mods to share, and I added Aeroponics to showcase some of the new dynamic content we'll be adding very very soon.

Reactions: ScornedBeef

infinitestarsdev

Game Developer
Jun 17, 2020
Guessing one will need to start a new save, as old ones for me, no longer work, due to the character images. or etc

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Yeah, I try my best to not break saves, but sometimes it can't be helped. :( There shouldn't be too many (if any) save breaking updates for the content in Epi 3, so having a new save just before the credits start rolling is a good idea.

• Red Heart
Reactions: GTK/HLK

infinitestarsdev

Game Developer
Jun 17, 2020
OK, this is a bit weird for me.
So the adult contents are locked behind the pay wall.
But the dev is still actively promoting the game here?
And not like some of other "dev owned" thread that only gives public demo, here is actually sharing the paid versions?
It is weird, but in a nutshell, yeah. Sometimes.

It's never the latest patreon update, as I don't want my Patreons to feel cheated, (the previous build here was 5 months old) and I wouldn't be able to look for additional writers or keep adding new art without their support. At the same time, pirates are going to pirate, and I'd rather be in control of the narrative.

Besides, I'm pouring my heart and soul into creating a quality, fun, professionally made game that I share for free, and I'm looking for Patrons that share in that excitement and passion to support me and the dev process.

If you like and enjoy what I'm creating, I trust you'll throw me a few $$$ each month so I can buy a coffee while I'm doing this. If you don't enjoy it, then you didn't waste any money, and we can still be kind to each other. If you loved it but can't afford to support the project, you can tell all your friends (and strangers) on social media about it and still enjoy the paid content without feeling guilty. <3

Ethernetwork

Oct 9, 2018
Just played through all available content, this was actually some quality writing, I enjoyed it. To be honest, this kind of feels like where most developers would call it finished and have all continued content in a second game.

I'd definetly consider the story so far to be volume 1 or season 1 material.
Here's hoping they've got great content planned moving forward.

Fazed

Nov 21, 2018
Hmm.. Impressive writing. Characters feel like they stand on their own. Distinct personalities. Lacking in visuals. NGL I feel like a disembodied head interacting with the crew. Especially in the supposed sex scenes where the only thing you get to see is maybe a naked static sprite of the other person.
No matter how many questions are asked about how you look you never see any of it, and its not like they feature in the dialogue that many times either.

No visuals of the ships at least so far as I have gotten. Just the same corner of a room or corridor or a black screen with text rolling. It's a shame because the music and writing do a wonderful job of setting the atmosphere by themselves but it does still feel lacking.

Also some of the choices seems odd to me. MC is introduced as a "big bad", sure of themselvs and purpose. The one you send when you need a problem to disappear....but somehow you have options to be...insecure, timid, and hesitant etc?

Another thing, you can't really just be friends with a character or ..well rather the friendly option isn't actually the friendly option because you still get all these oddly detailed descriptions of the characters' physical appearance when you are only supposed to see them as a friend. I gather it's that it is the "maybe I am interested but not sure" option but I think it's still a bit much without asking the player.
The "I am not interested" is the actual "friend" route. You still care enough to be concerned if something is wrong but you aren't ogling them every chance you get. Quickly figured that out because the game kept telling me about Khalil's eyes or some shit.

Overall, good story/writing along with fitting audio but doesn't have the visuals to really make it a complete package.

mememaster

Aug 7, 2016
Would appreciate a notification where the current content ends, was a bit confusing to be stuck in a freeroam loop.
Some of the early writing has some issues but it clearly improved over time, and the wider story and concept is great overall. Alien dialogue in particular is cool and very immersive.

Reactions: somewhereunfair

nackedsnake

Engaged Member
Jan 29, 2019
Had to make a call since our original character artist was no longer interested in art. It was either kill the project and start something new, continue with the old art without being able to improve/add new characters, or pay to have everything redrawn.

It sucks, since people fell in love with the old art, but I feel it was the lesser of the two evils. <3
Not sure if you plan to, but I think it's better if you change the pictures in your OP / promotions accordingly.

As a gay man, the males in the old art-styles were sexual appealing.
But in the new art-style the males are too feminine to gather any interest - They are too YAOI and I'm not a fan of that.
(Surprisingly females are not changing much, only with more details)

Which create a big misleading that hinders the enjoyment - the story alone is actually quite good.
But since I came in expecting sexual interactions - aka a different kind of game. I stopped after seeing all the cast.

StrayGege

Aug 24, 2022
How much of romance is there so far? Is the story romance focused, or is romance just, like, a side genre to the game?

Jinyo

Apr 20, 2018
Soon... TM.

But we are working on it. It will probably be a while, since getting there in the story needs to feel natural and not forced, and like someone else mentioned, you just met them in person for the first time with the current update. Unlike what the other poster said, it won't take 3 years. (But it's not imminent either)
I need the squssy now tho.
Still good to hear it will actually happen eventually.

• Red Heart
Reactions: infinitestarsdev

Snafu

Jul 21, 2017
Soon... TM.

To get into the real perverted questions, does the "squids" color hint at their gender?

Because if I'm on to something here, my empath is definitely going to be hanging out with the giant purple people eater

infinitestarsdev

Game Developer
Jun 17, 2020
To get into the real perverted questions, does the "squids" color hint at their gender?

Because if I'm on to something here, my empath is definitely going to be hanging out with the giant purple people eater
YES! but probably not what quite what you are looking for. Males usually have warmer skin colorations and markings, while females tend to have cooler color and skin patterns. As a side note:

If you want to learn more about WHY their clothing tends to be so skimpy, (I love consistent and 'harder' scifi world-building!)

Hope that helps, and perhaps down the line we can introduce some more options.
(As a side note, we're having a very in-depth internal team discussion RE the Cephilusk genitalia.)

infinitestarsdev

Game Developer
Jun 17, 2020
How much of romance is there so far? Is the story romance focused, or is romance just, like, a side genre to the game?
It's hard to say, and it depends on your choices. If you focus on romance, you'll get a ton of it.
The prologue (first 2 episodes) is more mystery/action/tension. The 3rd episode (also much(almost x5) longer than episode 1&3) has more tension and mystery, while introducing romance options.
The relationships form slowly, and it takes place in parallel to the main story, ending in one of 3 and 1 additional, optional sex scenes. People seem to like the pace and the writing, but you'll have to decide for yourself. Last I checked, we had 112K+ words of content, and 500+ choice options across the game, with more coming soon. <3

infinitestarsdev

Game Developer
Jun 17, 2020
Not sure if you plan to, but I think it's better if you change the pictures in your OP / promotions accordingly.

As a gay man, the males in the old art-styles were sexual appealing.
But in the new art-style the males are too feminine to gather any interest - They are too YAOI and I'm not a fan of that.
(Surprisingly females are not changing much, only with more details)

Which create a big misleading that hinders the enjoyment - the story alone is actually quite good.
But since I came in expecting sexual interactions - aka a different kind of game. I stopped after seeing all the cast.
Hey, yes I am planning on changing them. As a solo dev (my team is artists and composers that I commission), my time is stretched a bit thin, but it is definitely on my to-do list! <3
If there is anything specific that you can point to on the art, I can see what I can do, but I also can't make any promises.

Reactions: nackedsnake

Snafu

Jul 21, 2017
YES! but probably not what quite what you are looking for. Males usually have warmer skin colorations and markings, while females tend to have cooler color and skin patterns. As a side note:

If you want to learn more about WHY their clothing tends to be so skimpy, (I love consistent and 'harder' scifi world-building!)

Hope that helps, and perhaps down the line we can introduce some more options.
(As a side note, we're having a very in-depth internal team discussion RE the Cephilusk genitalia.)
Theory probably isn't the right word, considering your work, your creation, by definition what you say goes; but it's a very interesting theory that the

On a lighter note; still looking forward to checking her out, but thanks for the warning. Also

• Red Heart
3.90 star(s) 12 Votes