GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
well, messing around abit with the cross saint with Anna
and the funny thing how i tried to lock her up yet go by rooms and she appear working
is she a schordinger cat-
It will remain that way for the time being. Eventually if you forget to unfasten her, she will actually be able to die from starvation in time.

The short version is that movement is only partially into the game. Once it's completed, then the girls will follow patterns around the house, cleaning rooms that need cleaning most first, then moving to other ones, or gravitating to their favorite rooms in the evenings. Once that's in place, there will be functions that will lock characters in a location (Tie them up in the dungeon, lock them in the kennels, etc) but in the meantime I felt it was more important to give players access to the content rather than lock anything down.

A Common Crab

Dec 15, 2018
It will remain that way for the time being. Eventually if you forget to unfasten her, she will actually be able to die from starvation in time.

The short version is that movement is only partially into the game. Once it's completed, then the girls will follow patterns around the house, cleaning rooms that need cleaning most first, then moving to other ones, or gravitating to their favorite rooms in the evenings. Once that's in place, there will be functions that will lock characters in a location (Tie them up in the dungeon, lock them in the kennels, etc) but in the meantime I felt it was more important to give players access to the content rather than lock anything down.
[Crash Bandicoot 'woahing' face]

W O A H
Well then, I'll have to keep an eye out so that I won't forget anyone locked, huh.

Reactions: GateKeeper

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
[Crash Bandicoot 'woahing' face]

W O A H
Well then, I'll have to keep an eye out so that I won't forget anyone locked, huh.
Yeah, once we start tracking health in a serious way, there will be a lot of things that factor in. If you take the beatings too far you'll kill them, lock them up in the rack and don't give them food or water for days on end and they'll die. But on the other side of the equation, having a servant/slave with the medical skill will aid in their recovery, and even how they feel about you will either aid or slow the healing process.

One of the nastier elements we have planned is that if you kill someone, you'll have a choice of how to dispose of bodies. You'll be able to take them out and bury them, or you can order someone else to do it with all that entails.

A Common Crab

Dec 15, 2018
And there'll be a financial management, right? I love going all gung-ho on the monetary route man, I love investing and shiet (also, with money in game I will be able to get a new chess set for the girls)

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
And there'll be a financial management, right? I love going all gung-ho on the monetary route man, I love investing and shiet (also, with money in game I will be able to get a new chess set for the girls)
Currently, we have plans to let the MC work, or let him employ the girls out to places in town (Get them a job as a burger flipper, stripper, etc) There isn't currently plans for making investments and such, but it's a neat idea and once the rest of it is partially in place I'll look into it.

Reactions: A Common Crab

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
Is there a lot of content in this game already?
Well, lets put it this way: I cracked open the game after the new build and looked at the word count. The current word count was just over 824,000 words. The entire Harry Potter series combined is about a million words, the entire Lord of the Rings trilogy is around 455k words, . . . .

Now, the average adult reading speed is around 200 words a minute, which would mean there's probably +60 hours worth of content if you somehow managed to avoid any repeat scenes and knew exactly where to look for everything.

A Common Crab

Dec 15, 2018
Is there a lot of content in this game already?
The game is far from complete but there's a good amount of content, if you don't mind the repetition.

EDIT:
Well, lets put it this way: I cracked open the game after the new build and looked at the word count. The current word count was just over 824,000 words. The entire Harry Potter series combined is about a million words, the entire Lord of the Rings trilogy is around 455k words, . . . .

Now, the average adult reading speed is around 200 words a minute, which would mean there's probably +60 hours worth of content if you somehow managed to avoid any repeat scenes and knew exactly where to look for everything.
While that is true, this is not a book but a text-based game, thus, I dare to argue that there's a lack of 'mechanics' that allow meaningful interaction with the world. I know you'll add it eventually, I'm just pointing out this fact (big numbers have no value by themselves)

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
The game is far from complete but there's a good amount of content, if you don't mind the repetition.
Yeah, the game is being designed in such a way that it should be possible to add new content to it forever so long as people enjoy it. I see the game as being in early development, but there is a lot of content present in the game already.

EDIT:

While that is true, this is not a book but a text-based game, thus, I dare to argue that there's a lack of 'mechanics' that allow meaningful interaction with the world. I know you'll add it eventually, I'm just pointing out this fact (big numbers have no value by themselves)
This is true. The game is growing, but it takes time. As the game continues to grow, you'll be able to interact with the world more and more ways.

The production plan has always been to:
1. Add enough content to the game that you feel like there's something to do.
2. Get all of the core mechanics into the game (Chores, Pregnancy, Clothing, Merchants, etc)
3. Expand the setting, adding new things to do.

So far, we've mostly done the first. The second we've been doing in bits and pieces, and we've been adding new things to do every couple of builds. A26 for example adds the ability to play board games. In the past we've added the ability to play billiards, go stargazing, sing karaoke, sex in the master bedroom, take showers, BDSM in the dungeon, and other things. This week, I'm writing a little content for fishing.

I'd like to think my big numbers have a bit of substence behind them. ;)

A Common Crab

Dec 15, 2018
Yeah, the game is being designed in such a way that it should be possible to add new content to it forever so long as people enjoy it. I see the game as being in early development, but there is a lot of content present in the game already.

This is true. The game is growing, but it takes time. As the game continues to grow, you'll be able to interact with the world more and more ways.

The production plan has always been to:
1. Add enough content to the game that you feel like there's something to do.
2. Get all of the core mechanics into the game (Chores, Pregnancy, Clothing, Merchants, etc)
3. Expand the setting, adding new things to do.

So far, we've mostly done the first. The second we've been doing in bits and pieces, and we've been adding new things to do every couple of builds. A26 for example adds the ability to play board games. In the past we've added the ability to play billiards, go stargazing, sing karaoke, sex in the master bedroom, take showers, BDSM in the dungeon, and other things. This week, I'm writing a little content for fishing.

I'd like to think my big numbers have a bit of substence behind them. ;)
Alright, we're done. There will be fishing, the game is completed.

EDIT: The size isn't important, what's matter is how you use them. Yes, I used that phrase to talk about numbers.

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
Alright, we're done. There will be fishing, the game is completed.

EDIT: The size isn't important, what's matter is how you use them. Yes, I used that phrase to talk about numbers.
You wound me, . . . . If not fishing, how else are we supposed to "accidentally" pull the bikini bottoms off of the girls?

Reactions: a1fox3

A Common Crab

Dec 15, 2018
You wound me, . . . . If not fishing, how else are we supposed to "accidentally" pull the bikini bottoms off of the girls?
Beaches, of course.
That would also allow the girls to see more of the world, it would allow us players to experience what it feels to teach 'em about the many beauties of this vast land. Fishing is good but it can't challenge the roar of the seas.

3.30 star(s) 19 Votes