Wikifeet69

Feb 3, 2023
Apologies in advance ~ I Did It For The Internet Points.

I appreciate your work but unfortunately I've already come across a major leak so it's only a matter of time before it spreads like wildfire so i'll be the first to gift my friends who sail under the Black Flag .

Last edited:

damnedfrog

Nov 11, 2020
Apologies in advance ~ I Did It For The Internet Points.

I appreciate your work but unfortunately I've already come across a major leak so it's only a matter of time before it spreads like wildfire so i'll be the first to gift my friends who sail under the Black Flag .
Seriously?!
Defiant Explorer will release it for free in 10 days...

Defiant Explorer

Game Developer
Sep 2, 2017
Seriously?!
Defiant Explorer will release it for free in 10 days...
There's a first time for everything, so it was to be expected.

I'm more concerned that this version might be promoted here. The thing is, I do two types of testing while I'm working. Short ones, when the scene is just added from the draft to the game, in order to get rid of all the bugs and check the functionality of all the links, dialogs, hidden variables calculation, etc. And long ones, when I look at the update as a whole, improving phrases, fixing typos, in general, a kind of polishing update.

Because of the extreme rush to meet the deadline, 1.5 only went through short tests, but I did not have time for long ones (I implemented the last scene literally on the release day). And if this version is promoted here, according to f95 rules, the more polished version 1.5 (my public version) won't be promoted, since it hasn't passed 2 weeks and there will be no new content. Oh well... It does not seem like like I can do something about that.

damnedfrog

Nov 11, 2020
I think people are smart enough to know to not attribute bugs and such to you when it comes from leaked early versions, and know to blame the leaker if they miss out on the polished version.

+I think it's still better if you just update the thread and do stuff there when it comes to official releases than via comments.
Unfortunately no, people are dumb.
Some times ago, a guy leak the alpha version of the next update of Bad Memories.
Alpha version, so still with bugs.
And then you get pages of not so smart people complaining that the game was bugged, that their saves were broken... and of course blaming the dev for all of this.

I really hope it won't happen to Defiant Explorer, because his game is great and doesn't deserve bad publicity because of someone who want to be an "hero".

Reactions: sava75

Defiant Explorer

Game Developer
Sep 2, 2017
Well, there are two days before the public release, so it's probably not a problem anymore. And by the way, I already tested 1.5. No bugs found, hell, not even typos. Sure, no guarantee that there really are none, but I haven't seen anything that needs fixing. I didn't get any bug reports or complaints from players either. So... everything seems to be okay.

However, I did find a few typos in Chapter 1 and at the beginning of Chapter 2 and corrected them. So the public version will still be a little more polished, though not where I expected it to be.

If anyone saw anything strange or wrong or buggy, please let me know.

damnedfrog

Nov 11, 2020
Well, there are two days before the public release, so it's probably not a problem anymore. And by the way, I already tested 1.5. No bugs found, hell, not even typos. Sure, no guarantee that there really are none, but I haven't seen anything that needs fixing. I didn't get any bug reports or complaints from players either. So... everything seems to be okay.

However, I did find a few typos in Chapter 1 and at the beginning of Chapter 2 and corrected them. So the public version will still be a little more polished, though not where I expected it to be.

If anyone saw anything strange or wrong or buggy, please let me know.
I have played the new chapter 2 times so far, and I didn't see any things.

Great chapter by the way,
I just hope I wasn't too bold with Murella. I don't want to scare her.
I hope I will have a bite of this ginger pie someday :)

Reactions: Defiant Explorer

Defiant Explorer

Game Developer
Sep 2, 2017
I have played the new chapter 2 times so far, and I didn't see any things.

Great chapter by the way,
I just hope I wasn't too bold with Murella. I don't want to scare her.
I hope I will have a bite of this ginger pie someday :)
That's good. Looks like my paranoid testing is paying off. Let's hope there isn't some especially nasty bug lurking around under some very rare combination of factors. It has already happened once, and I don't want to see it happen again.

About Murella. I usually strive not to reveal my plans, but those plans are not set in stone. I sometimes adapt and change them while already working directly on what I have in mind. Well, when I feel a new way would be better. At the moment, the plan is for the protagonist's actions to lead to two character developments for Murella (more would be too difficult to implement). But in both of them, there will be an option... to taste a piece of ginger pie.

I'm much more interested in what you think about the Iolanta's arc final scene in the 1.5. There used to be a girl-girl scenes before this. And now it's something... new. But I still paid a lot of attention to Io in the process, so to speak. Was it... okay to you? Like for a person who prefers mostly girl-girl content, as I can understand.

Reactions: fyreant and Amnelis

Defiant Explorer

Game Developer
Sep 2, 2017
Very impressed with how much you manage to write for this, and with the branching paths and variety. Keep it up homie :)
Thank you. But in my mind, I'm still categorically behind the desired timeline. I didn't write this, but I used to hope that Chapter 2 would be finished by September. But now it's clear that's not possible. A big chapter turns out to be.

Reactions: fyreant and Amnelis

damnedfrog

Nov 11, 2020
That's good. Looks like my paranoid testing is paying off. Let's hope there isn't some especially nasty bug lurking around under some very rare combination of factors. It has already happened once, and I don't want to see it happen again.

About Murella. I usually strive not to reveal my plans, but those plans are not set in stone. I sometimes adapt and change them while already working directly on what I have in mind. Well, when I feel a new way would be better. At the moment, the plan is for the protagonist's actions to lead to two character developments for Murella (more would be too difficult to implement). But in both of them, there will be an option... to taste a piece of ginger pie.

I'm much more interested in what you think about the Iolanta's arc final scene in the 1.5. There used to be a girl-girl scenes before this. And now it's something... new. But I still paid a lot of attention to Io in the process, so to speak. Was it... okay to you? Like for a person who prefers mostly girl-girl content, as I can understand.
I don't want you to spoil anything.
I was just thinking that pushing Murella too hard could scare her off. I was wondering if you have programmed that if we go to far during the kiss session (but in fact I don't want you to tell us). I just hope that if you do so, we will have the chance to make up for it later.

It's true that I mostly prefer girl-girl action. But depending of the situation, I could enjoyed some straight content.
In my first run, Selene is a Ranalian Survivor. Because of her past and the trauma she had with men, I play her a pure lesbian. So she witnessed the final scene, but didn't participate.
For my second run, she is a Yardanari Vagrant. I play her bisexual, with a little preference for women. But she is a opportunist, life is hard and short, so she'll never turn down a good fuck with a attractive man... but not Cadonis :). And therefore, she wasn't only a witness, she joined the action ;-)
And I find the final scene hot. Both as a spectator and as a participant. You did well.

I also enjoyed the supper scene before. My survivor didn't get too drunk, but my street girl passed out! :)

Defiant Explorer

Game Developer
Sep 2, 2017
I don't want you to spoil anything.
I was just thinking that pushing Murella too hard could scare her off. I was wondering if you have programmed that if we go to far during the kiss session (but in fact I don't want you to tell us). I just hope that if you do so, we will have the chance to make up for it later.

It's true that I mostly prefer girl-girl action. But depending of the situation, I could enjoyed some straight content.
In my first run, Selene is a Ranalian Survivor. Because of her past and the trauma she had with men, I play her a pure lesbian. So she witnessed the final scene, but didn't participate.
For my second run, she is a Yardanari Vagrant. I play her bisexual, with a little preference for women. But she is a opportunist, life is hard and short, so she'll never turn down a good fuck with a attractive man... but not Cadonis :). And therefore, she wasn't only a witness, she joined the action ;-)
And I find the final scene hot. Both as a spectator and as a participant. You did well.

I also enjoyed the supper scene before. My survivor didn't get too drunk, but my street girl passed out! :)
About Murella. I'll hide the answer under a spoiler, just in case. It's about how hidden variables work specifically with her. Oh yes, I added that line you asked for - the one about her participation in the bet.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Regarding the Io scene. I'm glad you like it. In the future, there will be more content with Io like this.

Defiant Explorer

Game Developer
Sep 2, 2017
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I think a threesome in the Bronze Age is not much different from a threesome today xD

I even wonder if you played as Heiress or Vagrant, who are virgins at the game's beginning. If so, the penetration passage there would be entirely different. Well, if the penetration option is chosen, of course. As well as Iolanta's reaction, too. Maybe this just a small piece, but still.

Okay, I have ~ two hours until June 30th on my watch. I think I'm going to go prepare the public version. It'll be here soon.

4.60 star(s) 41 Votes