Others Insect Prison Remake [v0.45] [Eroism]

4.30 star(s) 3 Votes

eroism

Game Developer
Dec 25, 2019
I really enjoyed the Cardwirth version of this game, and I'm sure I'll love this version too!
Thanks for doing this.
Gotta say, I love the content and it's really well put together. It inspired me to try the original Cardwirth version. And failing to get that to work inspired me to come back here and cheer on this project! You're doing great, and I look forward to seeing the progress!
Thank you for the support :).

Only parasite dogs and pill bugs so far is that correct?
Correct, in terms of enemies those are the only 2 implemented so far. In terms of scenes, there are also the Parasite Worm scenes implemented.

Monki0

Nov 6, 2023
Regrettably, I don't think this will happen any time soon. The original game does not contain naked CGs of Leah :(.
Is there a way to make New CGs with AI or maybe a skilled artist who mimics the original Art?

I am reading alot of good stuff here.
I havent test the game yet, as I am on vacation. The game is uncensored, right?

eroism

Game Developer
Dec 25, 2019
Is there a way to make New CGs with AI or maybe a skilled artist who mimics the original Art?

I am reading alot of good stuff here.
I havent test the game yet, as I am on vacation. The game is uncensored, right?
The game is uncensored, yes.

Regarding the CGs, there are always options, including the ones you provided :). I'll give examples for the ones I'm considering, with the positives and drawbacks.
  • Using other existing CGs from Atella. Would be one of the best options, but given the nature of the remake, I would like to have the author permission before heading in this direction. The drawback here would be the animation quality from those CGs, since those are drawn with a different intent and slight different style, so the animation wouldn't be on par with the current scenes.
  • Using AI to generate new CGs. A viable option, but besides permissions to create new CGs with AI, there would also be some difficulty with getting the correct parameters to generate consistent and equivalent art, which I believe anyone with more experience than me would be able to minimize to a certain point.
  • Having Atella, or another artist, draw new CGs. This would be the ideal solution as long as the art style is close enough, but there is a potential financial investment required to reach this solution, which I cannot freely add to my current time investment, unless there was enough return that could pay off this option.
    • Of course that if a skilled artist would decide to help out for free, then this would definitely be the best option, but I fear that won't happen that easily :LOL:.
  • Additionally, using all current CGs and trying to edit them to fit the needs could be an option. With my skills alone I would be very limited here, but maybe would be able to create new scenes with some "photoshop magic" plus "AI intervention", however the time consumption would be massive, unless someone capable in the editing arts takes the initiative here.

LuxrayScar

Jun 25, 2024
question how do you first get iron because i ran into a loophole that i can't mine to get iron cause i don't have iron to make a pickaxe but yet i need iron to make one?!

Red-Cat

Jan 10, 2018
These updates are coming fast. Even if they aren't being posted in latest updates, every time I come here it's been updated again.
Props for the hard work.

Reactions: whaegzueli

Myrneko

Nov 6, 2019
question how do you first get iron because i ran into a loophole that i can't mine to get iron cause i don't have iron to make a pickaxe but yet i need iron to make one?!
if i remember correctly, in the original game you can found an old pickaxe exploring near the mines or maybe i'm wrong
Edit: Now that i remember better, You can found iron with a very low chance exploring the mines

Last edited:

OsoSober

Jul 22, 2018
if i remember correctly, in the original game you can found an old pickaxe exploring near the mines or maybe i'm wrong
Edit: Now that i remember better, You can found iron with a very low chance exploring the mines
yeah very low, took 20 days just to get 3 iron ore, and guess what, pick broke on very first use

• Sad
Reactions: Myrneko

eroism

Game Developer
Dec 25, 2019
question how do you first get iron because i ran into a loophole that i can't mine to get iron cause i don't have iron to make a pick-axe but yet i need iron to make one?!
Like Myrneko and OsoSober said above, you have to explore the cliff side (at the top of the ladder, not the bottom) until getting a broken pick-axe and enough iron ore. The RNG here can be a bit cruel, so I advise for you to save some resources and broken pickaxes before using any, so that in case one breaks, you will always have another.

Mind you that the chance of a pick-axe breaking is roughly 0.3% each time any ore vein is interacted with.

Let's make a internal menu to look into the main character's body (Suggesting using I'm moralist style of status menu.)
I don't recognize the style of status menus you mention, could you provide me an example or a link to check them out?

These updates are coming fast. Even if they aren't being posted in latest updates, every time I come here it's been updated again.
Props for the hard work.
Thank you!
According to the rules, we can't use the update report with such a high frequency as the one I was posting the updates at first, so I'm saving those for when I reach more comprehensive milestones, like an important feature, an Android release, or getting the remake to the point of the original game.

Daijena

Jul 1, 2018
Combat is a bit hard so far, 3 dogs and 5 bugs mostly just wreck me without bandage spam....and those are used faster than i can get the ressources for them. Maybe instead of having them be completely random, after a few searches just like you unlock the one new area. You could find a "source" for material that replenishes daily? At least for material for bandages that would be good when the conbat stays like this.

Reactions: Pilikalo

Lukiose

Jan 28, 2018
I am going to be a delusional hero and claim I am saying this for everyone: we would love to see the original unimplemented Pregnancy mechanic actually be a thing, considering Atera's other works

Reactions: WeaponizedAutism

eroism

Game Developer
Dec 25, 2019
Combat is a bit hard so far, 3 dogs and 5 bugs mostly just wreck me without bandage spam....and those are used faster than i can get the ressources for them. Maybe instead of having them be completely random, after a few searches just like you unlock the one new area. You could find a "source" for material that replenishes daily? At least for material for bandages that would be good when the conbat stays like this.
The general idea is to make combat hard and draining, until you get a treasury of resources and upgraded equipment, either crafted or purchased. However the guarantee conditions for some of the most used resources could be a good trade for balancing the combat, its quite the good idea :).

Something like this: https://f95zone.to/threads/lewd-rea...orcist-horror-rpg-20210620-im-moralist.86954/

A status menu that shows each part of the body, both text and graphical details about their status.
I see, this might be easier to implement using other CGs and images not necessarily related to Leah or Atella's work, as long as no full body images are necessary. I'll check what can be done regarding a body status window.

I am going to be a delusional hero and claim I am saying this for everyone: we would love to see the original unimplemented Pregnancy mechanic actually be a thing, considering Atera's other works
Already had an inquire regarding this. I'll say I'm tempted, but the complexity of such a system and deviation from most of the original game content keeps me a bit off from this.

It is almost like, there is more worth to just create a new game and refocus some aspects and plan ahead for some of this heavier systems, as so they don't feel so secondary and empty, than to attempt to jam those additions in this tightly packed game. I guess it is something that I'll decide when I reach the original game's point and have a more clear picture over the whole remake.

OsoSober

Jul 22, 2018
use prepare move, then hit with heavy attack

Aug 15, 2018
Already had an inquire regarding this. I'll say I'm tempted, but the complexity of such a system and deviation from most of the original game content keeps me a bit off from this.

In my opinion, it would be best to look into being able to produce or get your hands on new CG's first before even attempting to add a a pregnancy system. Because without being able to make new CG's such a mechanic is worthless for the most part anyway.

Reactions: eroism

eroism

Game Developer
Dec 25, 2019
In my opinion, it would be best to look into being able to produce or get your hands on new CG's first before even attempting to add a a pregnancy system. Because without being able to make new CG's such a mechanic is worthless for the most part anyway.
It is a fair opinion and I agree. Any investigation and resource acquisition for any form of expansion project upon the current content is something that I'll have to do when nearing the original game's point.

Based on those results I'll see what can be added, expanded upon and what might not be worth the effort. I would like, at the bare minimum, to give some closure to the game, few more scenes, an ending to the investigation and an outro.

urlocalcoomah

Apr 17, 2023
Currently you can set the general speed of the animations on the settings, but it seems to me that you want a feature to speed and advance stages of the scenes at will, while the scenes are playing, if I understood correctly. That is a good feature suggestion, maybe 2 buttons on the bottom right of the scene would do the trick here.
Yee I agree you should add that feature. To be able to determine speed and advance the stages at will would be really nice imo

eroism

Game Developer
Dec 25, 2019
Yee I agree you should add that feature. To be able to determine speed and advance the stages at will would be really nice imo
I doubt I will be adding a variable speed feature to freely control the animation speed, but I may implement an option to skip each stage :). The fast-forward feature seems to not be enough to cover this need, however too many speed altering options seem a bit too much for such straight forward animations, but this might be my personal bias.

4.30 star(s) 3 Votes