Others Insect Prison Remake [v0.45] [Eroism]

4.30 star(s) 3 Votes

urlocalcoomah

Apr 17, 2023
I doubt I will be adding a variable speed feature to freely control the animation speed, but I may implement an option to skip each stage :). The fast-forward feature seems to not be enough to cover this need, however too many speed altering options seem a bit too much for such straight forward animations, but this might be my personal bias.
Ok thanks better than nothing :)

yilkin

dl.rpdl.net
Donor
Feb 23, 2023
InsectPrisonRemake
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

Reactions: eroism

Pinkalyn

Apr 25, 2023
That ratio is looking very unbalanced, I will trade 9 of your broken pickaxes for an iron ore :LOL:. I may have to adjust that in a future update.
After some testing, I feel like adjusting the ratio isn't necessarily the full answer for this one. I'd suggest making the cost of repairing the pickaxe 1 iron, for a few reasons. It keeps the cost in wood, so you're not necessarily getting it for free. It reduces the uneventful grind that is clicking that one spot for iron. In addition, as it is now if your pickaxe breaks on the first use you're still in the grind loop until you get lucky. And lastly, making the search spot drop more iron negates some (not all, certainly) of the usefulness of the pickaxe in the first place, while still not guaranteeing a fix for the underlying issue.

I'd say make the iron slightly more plentiful in the search spot, enough to reliably get 1 iron within 2-3 days and make the pickaxe cost 1 iron to repair (it's most of a pickaxe anyways, you're not building a new one) to fix the mining problem.

Bzshr

Feb 4, 2018
Thanks for the updates! Finally had some time for "bug" testing..

- I'm not sure if you haven't fixed the fixed the severe lewd wharf roach consent scene, or it's my save game that's borked, but yeah, Leah already consents but the scene does not activate
screenshot20240628T205325.png screenshot20240628T205334.png
After this, battle continues on without the CG appearing. Critical bug, this can lock the game if you deliberately do not resist multiple times when the CG is already playing.)

- When MC fails to escape the dogs by tripping and getting mounted and being "marked", I don't think that Lust should revert to zero. Main reason, I don't think the original game does that. Secondary reason, this event does not have a failure rate unlike the resist attempts. After tripping, getting marked, MC gets up anyway with no further action being done.

- This issue still persists where the transition from fight to event is still too slow, causing a message box to show up on top of the CG being played
screenshot20240628T211314.png

- After getting successfully mounted by a parasite dog the first time and ending the CG scene, there should be a notice that a parasite has settled inside her body. (Wasn't there a limit of 1 parasite per type? Since she can get the second one from the bugshroom)

That's all I have for now, will further test tomorrow

Reactions: whaegzueli

eroism

Game Developer
Dec 25, 2019
After some testing, I feel like adjusting the ratio isn't necessarily the full answer for this one. I'd suggest making the cost of repairing the pickaxe 1 iron, for a few reasons. It keeps the cost in wood, so you're not necessarily getting it for free. It reduces the uneventful grind that is clicking that one spot for iron. In addition, as it is now if your pickaxe breaks on the first use you're still in the grind loop until you get lucky. And lastly, making the search spot drop more iron negates some (not all, certainly) of the usefulness of the pickaxe in the first place, while still not guaranteeing a fix for the underlying issue.

I'd say make the iron slightly more plentiful in the search spot, enough to reliably get 1 iron within 2-3 days and make the pickaxe cost 1 iron to repair (it's most of a pickaxe anyways, you're not building a new one) to fix the mining problem.
I appreciate your suggestion, it is well though out :). I'll attempt this change and run some adjustments of my own to see if I can have a better balance here. Oddly enough, the ratios should be swapped, you should be coming more regularly over the ore than the broken pickaxe, since the pickaxe serve as the "gateway" into even better ore that would be needed for improved tools or higher selling value.

I had no time to validate what I did wrong here yet, but it is now on my highest priority improvements, next to critical bugs.

Thanks for the updates! Finally had some time for "bug" testing..

- I'm not sure if you haven't fixed the fixed the severe lewd wharf roach consent scene, or it's my save game that's borked, but yeah, Leah already consents but the scene does not activate
View attachment 3781110 View attachment 3781111
After this, battle continues on without the CG appearing. Critical bug, this can lock the game if you deliberately do not resist multiple times when the CG is already playing.)

- When MC fails to escape the dogs by tripping and getting mounted and being "marked", I don't think that Lust should revert to zero. Main reason, I don't think the original game does that. Secondary reason, this event does not have a failure rate unlike the resist attempts. After tripping, getting marked, MC gets up anyway with no further action being done.

- This issue still persists where the transition from fight to event is still too slow, causing a message box to show up on top of the CG being played
View attachment 3781112

- After getting successfully mounted by a parasite dog the first time and ending the CG scene, there should be a notice that a parasite has settled inside her body. (Wasn't there a limit of 1 parasite per type? Since she can get the second one from the bugshroom)

That's all I have for now, will further test tomorrow
Thank you for your deep testing, it truly helps greatly to identify and correct the most prominent bugs. No pun intended :LOL:.
  • The wharf roach consent might be a persistent issue since there have been many changes to the shared scene system, but I've been neglecting a full test across all current scenes.
  • Regarding the failed dog escape scene, that is a good point, this is another part that comes from using a shared system, so all scenes reduce lust by default. I haven't noticed this on the original game, however I think it makes sense and even if isn't originally implemented that way, I think it should still not decrease lust and should even increase it instead, in my opinion.
  • The sexual attack and scene concurrence I though was fixed in the previous version (0.40), but it seems I'm mistaken. I'll have to look further into it.
  • I totally forgot about the infected message, it will be added in the next update, most likely.
  • I slightly changed the infection functionality, so each event with Parasite Worms (and Mushroom Worms in the future), increases the "amount" of worms the player is infected with, which in turn impacts the chance of being attacked by worms during combat and worm events triggering on sleep. Still an experimental idea.

Monki0

Nov 6, 2023
Great Game so far. I see a lot of potential. No I didnt play nor know the original.

Could somebody tell me how the combat works? When do you use what attack or defense skill?

eroism

Game Developer
Dec 25, 2019
Great Game so far. I see a lot of potential. No I didnt play nor know the original.

Could somebody tell me how the combat works? When do you use what attack or defense skill?
Thank you!
I can't tell you the best way to use each skill since the battle system is a whole experimental idea that I'm trying to balance out, but I can describe each skill, which is information that you can also find in the readme file. Starting with the attacks:
  • Fast Attack, this is the basic attack that deals your damage, The damage can be seen on the status screen.
  • Heavy Attack, deals your damage x2 and breaks the Defense stance of enemies, still dealing half damage in that situation (same as a Fast Attack).
  • Ranged Attack, available only when you equip a ranged weapon. Deals 70% of your damage, but cannot be parried.
For defenses:
  • Skip, do nothing this turn.
  • Escape, attempt to escape the battle, but note that there is a chance of failure.
  • Heal, only available if you have bandages in your inventory. Simply uses a bandage to restore HP.
  • Defend, enter a defensive stance which blocks all incoming attacks, except for Heavy Attacks.
  • Parry, simply blocks the next attack. If the next attack is an Heavy Attack, you counterattack and deal half the damage back to the attacker.
  • Prepare Attack, "do nothing" this turn and on the following turn you deal an additional x2 damage with any attack, so for example an Heavy Attack would deal x4 times your damage instead of x2.
Enemies can also use Fast Attack, Heavy Attack, Defend and Parry actions.

Reactions: Rule79 and Sscdrake

Pinkalyn

Apr 25, 2023
I appreciate your suggestion, it is well though out :). I'll attempt this change and run some adjustments of my own to see if I can have a better balance here. Oddly enough, the ratios should be swapped, you should be coming more regularly over the ore than the broken pickaxe, since the pickaxe serve as the "gateway" into even better ore that would be needed for improved tools or higher selling value.

I had no time to validate what I did wrong here yet, but it is now on my highest priority improvements, next to critical bugs.
In that context, (it was hard to tell with the current state of crafting xP ) yeah, swapping the ratios makes a lot of sense. Though I'd still recommend having the pickaxe be more common than current iron ore is if only slightly. Thank you for taking the time to respond, and to work on the game in the first place!

As for combat, I only have one suggestion: Prepare attack doing 2x damage doesn't make sense from a strategic standpoint. In two turns you can already do 2x damage, with better theoretical chance to not get parried twice in a row (net gain over prepare attack). This also applies to normal attack vs defend and parry, meaning the only attack that reasonably benefits from prepare attack is ranged and even then you're losing a turn of enhanced defense for the same amount of damage over those two turns.

I think 2.5x or 3x would be a better multiplier for the lost turn, making it more of a risk and reward, or making it a more strategic choice by giving attacks additional properties on top of the 2x. Prepared normal attack bypasses parry, prepared heavy attack ignores block, stuff like that. I can't say if it would be a true to the original change since I haven't played the original, but making improvements while keeping the original concept and style is the whole point of a remake <3

I hope you're having a lovely day and make sure to eat and hydrate!

Sscdrake

Jun 24, 2018

Might be a bug or a typo or something. I had the same issue. I was at 2 ores and like 40 broken pick axes or something before I gave up, but I chocked it up to simply not being all that important atm in its early state so don't get discouraged.

Reactions: eroism and Myrneko

Monki0

Nov 6, 2023
Thank you!
I can't tell you the best way to use each skill since the battle system is a whole experimental idea that I'm trying to balance out, but I can describe each skill, which is information that you can also find in the readme file. Starting with the attacks:
  • Fast Attack, this is the basic attack that deals your damage, The damage can be seen on the status screen.
  • Heavy Attack, deals your damage x2 and breaks the Defense stance of enemies, still dealing half damage in that situation (same as a Fast Attack).
  • Ranged Attack, available only when you equip a ranged weapon. Deals 70% of your damage, but cannot be parried.
For defenses:
  • Skip, do nothing this turn.
  • Escape, attempt to escape the battle, but note that there is a chance of failure.
  • Heal, only available if you have bandages in your inventory. Simply uses a bandage to restore HP.
  • Defend, enter a defensive stance which blocks all incoming attacks, except for Heavy Attacks.
  • Parry, simply blocks the next attack. If the next attack is an Heavy Attack, you counterattack and deal half the damage back to the attacker.
  • Prepare Attack, "do nothing" this turn and on the following turn you deal an additional x2 damage with any attack, so for example an Heavy Attack would deal x4 times your damage instead of x2.
Enemies can also use Fast Attack, Heavy Attack, Defend and Parry actions.
The system doesn't make any sense. Why use fast attack over heavy attack, if heavy deals the same damage as fast attack if not even more?

I was expecting a more strategic approach. Like reacting on what the enemy is doing. Like, there are indicators of what the mob just did or what it planing next turn. So for example mobs can't parry twice in a row so a heavy attack after they "used" their parry would be optimal. Or a fast attack let's you go first and it interrupts an grapple attempt. This would require indicatiors of what action the enemy is doing.

Suggestion:
Fast attack: priority move, deals light damage but interrupting enemies grappling attempt queued for that turn. Also good to finish off low life enemy.

Heavy attack: goes last, deals 2.5x fast attack damage.

Parry: blocks all attacks, has a 3 turn cooldown. Leaves you open to grapple attempts

Defend: take only 50% of all damage that turn. Prevent grapple attempts

Prepare: doubles damage for 2 turns.

So you see a roach parrying, you use prepare, then heavy attack because due to parry having a 3 turn CD the buffed up strike is guaranteed to land.

You anticipate a grapple (maybe there is an indicator for it) so you quick attack that roach to prevent it from molesting you.

You see a roach preparing an attack, it's next move is going to be a heavy attack, but your parry is on CD > use defend to reduce the damage.

Reactions: eroism and Bzshr

Bzshr

Feb 4, 2018
The system doesn't make any sense. Why use fast attack over heavy attack, if heavy deals the same damage as fast attack if not even more?

I was expecting a more strategic approach. Like reacting on what the enemy is doing. Like, there are indicators of what the mob just did or what it planing next turn. So for example mobs can't parry twice in a row so a heavy attack after they "used" their parry would be optimal. Or a fast attack let's you go first and it interrupts an grapple attempt. This would require indicatiors of what action the enemy is doing.

Suggestion:
Fast attack: priority move, deals light damage but interrupting enemies grappling attempt queued for that turn. Also good to finish off low life enemy.

Parry: blocks all attacks, has a 3 turn cooldown. Leaves you open to grapple attempts

So you see a roach parrying, you use prepare, then heavy attack because due to parry having a 3 turn CD the buffed up strike is guaranteed to land.

You anticipate a grapple (maybe there is an indicator for it) so you quick attack that roach to prevent it from molesting you.

You see a roach preparing an attack, it's next move is going to be a heavy attack, but your parry is on CD > use defend to reduce the damage.
I like the idea of a fast attack interrupting an enemy that's attempting to grapple attack, that's neat. Maybe we can add to it by getting the enemy "stunned" for the next turn, as a reward for predicting the enemy's grapple.

If we want an enemy indicator of what attack they're using, maybe we can add a move called "Observe".

Observe: Allows you to see what attacks an enemy will do. Lasts 3 turns.

It can be paired with a Prepare + Heavy Attack for a really high amt of damage, but that means you used 3 moves just to do such an attack, but it's a guaranteed hit since you can see the enemy moveset.

Another move that definitely helps with farming the enemies for their drops, simply called "Calm Down".

Calm Down: Lowers lust.

That's it, just lowers the lust by maybe 15-20%, which is a nice-to-have and would pair well once sedatives can be crafted.

Pretty long suggestion:
On the original game where your moveset is based on cards, there's also a move from the enemy side where they replace/add one of your cards with a useless card, essentially dropping your allowable moveset by one since playing that card does absolutely nothing, akin to skipping your turn. But since we're not using a card-like moveset and we're allowed to use whatever moves we want, maybe we can still add this mechanic by simply having a stun mechanic for the MC.

I'm thinking of a move that the enemy has to Prepare for, so they will have to skip a turn. Maybe add a marker to an enemy indicating that they're planning something.

Of course that's super easy to see, and players would most likely just defend the next turn, but what if that Prepare mechanic lasts maybe 2 or 3 turns? That way, it won't be an instant stun, they have 2 or 3 more turns till they do it, so they can delay the stun attack by doing something else.

I think that adds a bit more complexity and anticipation, akin to a "Special Move".

For example, you see the enemy prepare, you defend. Enemy does regular grapple attack, fails. OK so you attack another enemy instead, then suddenly BAM, stun attack, your turn gets skipped, everyone does their attacks like normal, then back to your turn. Though I think only one enemy can do the prepare for stun attack per round, so while they're in the prep phase, no other enemy can do the same move. Otherwise it'd be devastating to get stunned multiple times.

Ofc you can always just defend 3x and that's it, but that's 3 rounds that you didn't do anything, so you have to take risks.

Last edited:

Arima447

Sep 4, 2023
Please please please if you can, use some older animations in mushi no kangoku or add new lines for existing monsters

eroism

Game Developer
Dec 25, 2019
In that context, (it was hard to tell with the current state of crafting xP ) yeah, swapping the ratios makes a lot of sense. Though I'd still recommend having the pickaxe be more common than current iron ore is if only slightly. Thank you for taking the time to respond, and to work on the game in the first place!
Might be a bug or a typo or something. I had the same issue. I was at 2 ores and like 40 broken pick axes or something before I gave up, but I chocked it up to simply not being all that important atm in its early state so don't get discouraged.
Thank you for the concern :).

I found out the problem, and I mistakenly swapped the percentages, so you should actually be experiencing something akin to 1 Broken Pickaxe per every 19 Iron Ores and not the other way around. I corrected this and adjusted a bit the ratio so now you have 1 Broken Pickaxe per 3 Iron Ores, which should be less frustrating. I'm testing it this way before adjusting the pickaxe iron cost, since it now takes 5 to 6 days in game to obtain and craft a fixed pickaxe. Having said this, sometimes RNG is a jester and it takes me 5 to 8 days.

The pickaxe only has a 0.3% chance of breaking, which may make it easy to accumulate pickaxes when taking this adjustments into account, so maybe the break chance should raise as well?

As for combat, I only have one suggestion: Prepare attack doing 2x damage doesn't make sense from a strategic standpoint. In two turns you can already do 2x damage, with better theoretical chance to not get parried twice in a row (net gain over prepare attack). This also applies to normal attack vs defend and parry, meaning the only attack that reasonably benefits from prepare attack is ranged and even then you're losing a turn of enhanced defense for the same amount of damage over those two turns.

I think 2.5x or 3x would be a better multiplier for the lost turn, making it more of a risk and reward, or making it a more strategic choice by giving attacks additional properties on top of the 2x. Prepared normal attack bypasses parry, prepared heavy attack ignores block, stuff like that. I can't say if it would be a true to the original change since I haven't played the original, but making improvements while keeping the original concept and style is the whole point of a remake <3

I hope you're having a lovely day and make sure to eat and hydrate!

Suggestion:

I like the idea of a fast attack interrupting an enemy that's attempting to grapple attack, that's neat. Maybe we can add to it by getting the enemy "stunned" for the next turn, as a reward for predicting the enemy's grapple.

If we want an enemy indicator of what attack they're using, maybe we can add a move called "Observe".

Observe: Allows you to see what attacks an enemy will do. Lasts 3 turns.

It can be paired with a Prepare + Heavy Attack for a really high amt of damage, but that means you used 3 moves just to do such an attack, but it's a guaranteed hit since you can see the enemy moveset.

Another move that definitely helps with farming the enemies for their drops, simply called "Calm Down".

Calm Down: Lowers lust.

That's it, just lowers the lust by maybe 15-20%, which is a nice-to-have and would pair well once sedatives can be crafted.

Pretty long suggestion:
On the original game where your moveset is based on cards, there's also a move from the enemy side where they replace/add one of your cards with a useless card, essentially dropping your allowable moveset by one since playing that card does absolutely nothing, akin to skipping your turn. But since we're not using a card-like moveset and we're allowed to use whatever moves we want, maybe we can still add this mechanic by simply having a stun mechanic for the MC.

I'm thinking of a move that the enemy has to Prepare for, so they will have to skip a turn. Maybe add a marker to an enemy indicating that they're planning something.

Of course that's super easy to see, and players would most likely just defend the next turn, but what if that Prepare mechanic lasts maybe 2 or 3 turns? That way, it won't be an instant stun, they have 2 or 3 more turns till they do it, so they can delay the stun attack by doing something else.

I think that adds a bit more complexity and anticipation, akin to a "Special Move".

For example, you see the enemy prepare, you defend. Enemy does regular grapple attack, fails. OK so you attack another enemy instead, then suddenly BAM, stun attack, your turn gets skipped, everyone does their attacks like normal, then back to your turn. Though I think only one enemy can do the prepare for stun attack per round, so while they're in the prep phase, no other enemy can do the same move. Otherwise it'd be devastating to get stunned multiple times.

Ofc you can always just defend 3x and that's it, but that's 3 rounds that you didn't do anything, so you have to take risks.
Those are some great suggestions for the combat.

My idea was something in the lines of having each attack and defense action interact in someway with each other but in a manner that makes sense, making so that each attack has a weakness and each defense the same. The player is fighting against more than a single enemy, so you pick the less risky action based on the current battle state, or risk it to attempt a big catch. The risk for the Heavy Action, for example, is that if you are parried, you take half of the damage back and deal no damage, it is, however, the only attack that breaks the defense stance.

I can see how an 'observe' skill and cool downs could add to the predictive aspect of strategizing on the battle, but I'm not sure if I'm ready to depart with the more simple random nature of the combat yet. It is more difficult to use strategy in this setting however. I think the stun mechanic could be of great value here, since you can't predict what the enemy will do, but you could prevent them from acting at all.

Last edited:

eroism

Game Developer
Dec 25, 2019
how do you get the doghouse/dog?
You need at least 3 scenes with the Parasite Beasts. After that just return to the beach.

Please please please if you can, use some older animations in mushi no kangoku or add new lines for existing monsters
There are a few, but not many, scenes that were created but not implemented on the original game. There is a higher chance that I'll at least add those at the end, since the CGs and animations are already present :).

4.30 star(s) 3 Votes