Others Insect Prison Remake [v0.60] [Eroism]

4.30 star(s) 4 Votes

Next update will include a scene with urination. Should a toggle be added to skip urination part?

• No, let it rain

Votes: 115 16.5%
  • Yes, default to ON

Votes: 296 42.5%
  • Yes, default to OFF

Votes: 286 41.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

eroism

Game Developer
Dec 25, 2019
What engine and well as audio/visual platform are you using, from my own experience I found that a few programs had post-processing incompatibility which caused the audio not to be in sync with the animations.
I'm using Godot, which has their own audio driver. Did you came across a synchronism problem with the animations?

eroism

Game Developer
Dec 25, 2019
1721856983667.png
Alright then, the poll is in. The Leech update will have a setting to skip the urination stages for that and future scenes. The default of the setting is ON, so in order to view these stage, one will have to set it to OFF.

Thank you for the input. If possible I will use more of these polls in the future.

Reactions: Monki0 and darlic

shiqz

Dec 25, 2020
View attachment 3863826
Alright then, the poll is in. The Leech update will have a setting to skip the urination stages for that and future scenes. The default of the setting is ON, so in order to view these stage, one will have to set it to OFF.

Thank you for the input. If possible I will use more of these polls in the future.
I like how communicative you are, keep it up. (y)

• Red Heart
Reactions: eroism and Monki0

-Ben-

Feb 11, 2020
It's great to have the option to remove it, while it's not a problem for me I know there are people who just can't stand it, I really want many people to be able to enjoy Atella's amazing Cg's (and your amazing work so far eroism ).

I am looking forward to it!

• Red Heart
Reactions: eroism

JustAl

Jan 28, 2022
[...]
2) Yes, if you view the entire roach scene then transition into the "More" option, the time of day changes (lighting included), and you're back in battle with the buttons to navigate still there. Attempting to navigate away from the fight will definitely softlock the game but you can fight as intended and it works out.
[...]
[...] The second issue you both mention, I'm quite unaware off, either that or I did not understood the problem correctly. [...]
I will try to clarify the problem scenario by putting reproduction steps in a list. On my system the bug is reproducible on 100% of attempts.

1. Search the forest, encounter a wharf roach battle.
  2. Get grabbed by a roach in the scene variation in which Leah's arousal is high enough that she consents the roaches. Her underwear will not be worn in this scene.
  3. Keep progressing the scenes.
    Junction 1: Once the roach releases eggs, proceed with option...
    1. Lower-listed option to exit the scene. Battle continues at same time of day, which is daylight.
    2. Top-of-list option, which makes the scene continue, changing time of day and scene art.
  4. You are on the bug reproduction path when choosing to continue the scene and change time of day. The time of day has now changed and Leah's art progresses to be covered in more eggs. Battles can only start in day time, yet it is now night time. The player can not change day again in the optional 2nd stage of this scene, so the player will leave this scene.
  5. The battle continues as with any battle and sex scene, but it is now night time of the same day. It is normally not possible to have a battle at night. The navigation buttons appear over the battle options. Due to the positions the buttons manifest on screen, it is still feasible to play the battle normally so long as the player does not click a navigation button.
  6. Junction 2: When continuing the battle...
    1. Choose to avoid or quit the roach sex scene. End the battle successfully. Leah is now outside at night, she can not Search and can only do night-eligible options like go to the shop, play with Onigo, eat, tea, or sleep.
    2. Repeat the roach scene through the extended scene choice. The time of day will change, the buttons for navigation will still be on screen, and since this is the 2nd time change in the same battle, the day itself has progressed to the next day. The time of day is daylight.

It is funny and kinky for a battle to be interrupted by sex to the degree it lasts multiple actual days. However the availability of navigation buttons enables the player to softlock the game, I recall navigation has problems after that.

eroism

Game Developer
Dec 25, 2019
I will try to clarify the problem scenario by putting reproduction steps in a list. On my system the bug is reproducible on 100% of attempts.

1. Search the forest, encounter a wharf roach battle.
  2. Get grabbed by a roach in the scene variation in which Leah's arousal is high enough that she consents the roaches. Her underwear will not be worn in this scene.
  3. Keep progressing the scenes.
    Junction 1: Once the roach releases eggs, proceed with option...
    1. Lower-listed option to exit the scene. Battle continues at same time of day, which is daylight.
    2. Top-of-list option, which makes the scene continue, changing time of day and scene art.
  4. You are on the bug reproduction path when choosing to continue the scene and change time of day. The time of day has now changed and Leah's art progresses to be covered in more eggs. Battles can only start in day time, yet it is now night time. The player can not change day again in the optional 2nd stage of this scene, so the player will leave this scene.
  5. The battle continues as with any battle and sex scene, but it is now night time of the same day. It is normally not possible to have a battle at night. The navigation buttons appear over the battle options. Due to the positions the buttons manifest on screen, it is still feasible to play the battle normally so long as the player does not click a navigation button.
  6. Junction 2: When continuing the battle...
    1. Choose to avoid or quit the roach sex scene. End the battle successfully. Leah is now outside at night, she can not Search and can only do night-eligible options like go to the shop, play with Onigo, eat, tea, or sleep.
    2. Repeat the roach scene through the extended scene choice. The time of day will change, the buttons for navigation will still be on screen, and since this is the 2nd time change in the same battle, the day itself has progressed to the next day. The time of day is daylight.

It is funny and kinky for a battle to be interrupted by sex to the degree it lasts multiple actual days. However the availability of navigation buttons enables the player to softlock the game, I recall navigation has problems after that.
Thank you for the detailed steps. Odd how I never noticed this issue, even thou it is quite easy to reproduce.

Now I don't quite know which is the best direction to go in this, besides fixing the navigation buttons from appearing, we can simply count the end of the extended scene as a defeat and end the battle, while Leah goes back to the cabin. Alternatively, Leah can wake up the next morning and continue the battle, as to keep every scene and system aligned with the day time, since this seems to be an interesting aspect of this.

JustAl

Jan 28, 2022
Thank you for the detailed steps. Odd how I never noticed this issue, even thou it is quite easy to reproduce.

Now I don't quite know which is the best direction to go in this, besides fixing the navigation buttons from appearing, we can simply count the end of the extended scene as a defeat and end the battle, while Leah goes back to the cabin. Alternatively, Leah can wake up the next morning and continue the battle, as to keep every scene and system aligned with the day time, since this seems to be an interesting aspect of this.
It's a fun accident, really. The easy way is merely removing the navigation buttons from appearing to prevent the soft-lock. The lame way is to count the extended scene as a defeat, but the player may very well have been winning the battle. All that would do is discourage players from continuing the scene since it's a guaranteed surrender of a winnable fight.

Leah can wake up and... choose an option. Let us plan a draft list here.
  1. Choose the cave game-over. For safety if you wish, try to throw a "are you sure?" prompt here.
  2. Awaken, but recognize the roaches are distracted. Sneak away.
  3. Continue the fight.
Note that since progressing the scene with the roaches is particularly bizarre and sexually depraved, consider a side condition trigger, like yet another parasitic affliction type, a pregnancy that carries over like a parasite, a boost in lust score, etc. Or maybe just roach egg loot or insect juice, whatever.

Edit: An interesting possible feature of continuing battles like this: it can work to spawn more / different enemies if the battle continues after awakening, and serves as a good way to introduce the giant roach and give it a prize worthy of a multi-wave survival encounter. A kind of cursed encounter and prize that would make Leah question if surviving several waves of roaches through lapsing consciousness was worthwhile at the end.

Last edited:

Veilwolf

Oct 16, 2018
I'm using Godot, which has their own audio driver. Did you came across a synchronism problem with the animations?
I noticed when the game freezes there is a brief pause in the audio right before the game freezes, it often occurs as others have said fast fowarding after the second sex scene, I noticed the audio cuts out for a brief moment. Is there anyway you could roll back the animation settings to the previous build before the Long Animation and Pre-load setting were added. As for my own work I am using UE4, Bink coupled with a modified Python API. I do llike your work its better then the Censored Animations of this on Gelbooru.

eroism

Game Developer
Dec 25, 2019
It's a fun accident, really. The easy way is merely removing the navigation buttons from appearing to prevent the soft-lock. The lame way is to count the extended scene as a defeat, but the player may very well have been winning the battle. All that would do is discourage players from continuing the scene since it's a guaranteed surrender of a winnable fight.

Leah can wake up and... choose an option. Let us plan a draft list here.
  1. Choose the cave game-over. For safety if you wish, try to throw a "are you sure?" prompt here.
  2. Awaken, but recognize the roaches are distracted. Sneak away.
  3. Continue the fight.
Note that since progressing the scene with the roaches is particularly bizarre and sexually depraved, consider a side condition trigger, like yet another parasitic affliction type, a pregnancy that carries over like a parasite, a boost in lust score, etc. Or maybe just roach egg loot or insect juice, whatever.

Edit: An interesting possible feature of continuing battles like this: it can work to spawn more / different enemies if the battle continues after awakening, and serves as a good way to introduce the giant roach and give it a prize worthy of a multi-wave survival encounter. A kind of cursed encounter and prize that would make Leah question if surviving several waves of roaches through lapsing consciousness was worthwhile at the end.
Those are some creative ideas for the handling of these case. I think by design originally, this was the only battle that actually had this event span across days, at least as far as I remember, but it would be interesting to add it as a mechanic for every enemy.

I'm more reserved with the first option of intentionally allowing the player to choose the game over, when you already have a path that forces it, however the other 2 options would be very rewarding to implement. Either allowing the battle to restart the next day or having the option to escape. This would reward the player with a day reset, giving back the 10 actions per day, but resulting in a more depraved penalization as you said.

I noticed when the game freezes there is a brief pause in the audio right before the game freezes, it often occurs as others have said fast fowarding after the second sex scene, I noticed the audio cuts out for a brief moment. Is there anyway you could roll back the animation settings to the previous build before the Long Animation and Pre-load setting were added. As for my own work I am using UE4, Bink coupled with a modified Python API. I do llike your work its better then the Censored Animations of this on Gelbooru.
I see, the problems with the scenes cause silent, but "recoverable", crashes in the engine (recoverable on the engine side, but not on the scene's code), hence why other systems like the sound and even video, may have problems as a consequence of errors in code for totally unrelated things.

The rollback in the "Preload Anims" setting is possible, but not needed with the next version. The problems are already fixed and somewhat tested. "Long Animations" can't be rolled back because the option was there since the first version :LOL:. That is to say, the setting can be removed, but its implementation is too simple to not just be fixed in the future, instead of just removing it, unless no one is interested in the extended versions of the animations. This option is also from the original game, but I defaulted it to OFF instead of ON, like in the source.

Reactions: JustAl

Milchoholiker

Game Developer
Aug 23, 2018
Hello Eroism, first of all I would like to say that I like your work!
I'm just interested to know how you plan to continue the project to a point where it's really good. The old game (Mushi no Kangoku) never 100% delivered on what it promised or what most players expected. So I wanted to ask you how you envisage the whole thing after you've reached the point where the old game ends. A good story certainly won't be difficult. But do you already know where you can get fresh visual material? How far do you want to take it? And do you have something like a roadmap? What else do you want to add or finish?

Monki0

Nov 6, 2023
I'm just interested to know how you plan to continue the project to a point where it's really good. The old game (Mushi no Kangoku) never 100% delivered on what it promised or what most players expected. So I wanted to ask you how you envisage the whole thing after you've reached the point where the old game ends. A good story certainly won't be difficult. But do you already know where you can get fresh visual material? How far do you want to take it? And do you have something like a roadmap? What else do you want to add or finish?
Not the OP but I can answer some of your questions:

He has a Roadmap on his Itch.io:

Eroism promised to conclude the story.

The original artist gave permission to use his art, but he wont make new ones (as of now, maybe he'll change his mind). Unless there is an artist that can mimic his style FOR FREE, it will be unlikely that new scenes are added.

Reactions: Drybear and eroism

blergh123

May 31, 2020
Ive only enjoyed Ateras art as CGs in certain sad panda site, but nice to see the remake.
Though trying to grind enough leather for any item is horrible, first grind forest search to get enemies, then hope its dogs, then after a tough battle with no equipment (or a knife) 15%? chance to get a single pelt.
Also what triggers the merchant (that lives in beach hideout) to start appearing as you search forest, got her in the first run pretty fast but now cant get her at all?

Monki0

Nov 6, 2023
Ive only enjoyed Ateras art as CGs in certain sad panda site, but nice to see the remake.
Though trying to grind enough leather for any item is horrible, first grind forest search to get enemies, then hope its dogs, then after a tough battle with no equipment (or a knife) 15%? chance to get a single pelt.
Also what triggers the merchant (that lives in beach hideout) to start appearing as you search forest, got her in the first run pretty fast but now cant get her at all?
I think you need to fuck the Roaches at least once for her to appear.

I agree, farming leather is a pain in the flank. Even moreso because all 3 armor pices require them. However Eroism said he'll take a look at the crafting again at some point.

To make it easier you could just flee every battle until you discover the cliff. Search for 3 iron ore and a broken pickaxe > craft new pickaxe > farm some more iron to craft the dagger. Thats what I did before I knew that the bow exists. You could also stay in the forest and craft a bow first.

eroism

Game Developer
Dec 25, 2019
Not the OP but I can answer some of your questions:

He has a Roadmap on his Itch.io:

Eroism promised to conclude the story.

The original artist gave permission to use his art, but he wont make new ones (as of now, maybe he'll change his mind). Unless there is an artist that can mimic his style FOR FREE, it will be unlikely that new scenes are added.
There have been some posts in the thread with similar questions to which I've answered, but I think Monki0 made a nice summary of it.

Essentially, besides many suggestions for improvements there are some ideas for what could be done next, but I'll ponder on the next steps when nearing version 1.0 of the remake.

Regarding the CGs, there is also the option of using other of Atella's works, if he so allows it. However the quality of the animations would be fairly different, as these CGs weren't designed for this purpose. Mind you that the CGs are quire good, but they don't fit with the others and are not designed for animations.

I think you need to fuck the Roaches at least once for her to appear.

I agree, farming leather is a pain in the flank. Even moreso because all 3 armor pices require them. However Eroism said he'll take a look at the crafting again at some point.

To make it easier you could just flee every battle until you discover the cliff. Search for 3 iron ore and a broken pickaxe > craft new pickaxe > farm some more iron to craft the dagger. Thats what I did before I knew that the bow exists. You could also stay in the forest and craft a bow first.
Correct, you need at least 1 scene with the Wharf Roaches before Rumia appears in the Forest.

Indeed the loot is one of the aspects that has to be worked on. I'm using the original game's drop chances, but I'll make adjustments in future updates. One of the things is maybe to guarantee a drop per won battle.

Veilwolf

Oct 16, 2018
Those are some creative ideas for the handling of these case. I think by design originally, this was the only battle that actually had this event span across days, at least as far as I remember, but it would be interesting to add it as a mechanic for every enemy.

I'm more reserved with the first option of intentionally allowing the player to choose the game over, when you already have a path that forces it, however the other 2 options would be very rewarding to implement. Either allowing the battle to restart the next day or having the option to escape. This would reward the player with a day reset, giving back the 10 actions per day, but resulting in a more depraved penalization as you said.

I see, the problems with the scenes cause silent, but "recoverable", crashes in the engine (recoverable on the engine side, but not on the scene's code), hence why other systems like the sound and even video, may have problems as a consequence of errors in code for totally unrelated things.

The rollback in the "Preload Anims" setting is possible, but not needed with the next version. The problems are already fixed and somewhat tested. "Long Animations" can't be rolled back because the option was there since the first version :LOL:. That is to say, the setting can be removed, but its implementation is too simple to not just be fixed in the future, instead of just removing it, unless no one is interested in the extended versions of the animations. This option is also from the original game, but I defaulted it to OFF instead of ON, like in the source.
I do hope to see a working version soon ;), that dragon sword looks tempting buts It's also nice to have interaction with developers so thank you for listening to all our complaints and criticism can't wait until the next update by the way are you adding Wasps or Giants Flies by any chance?

-Ben-

Feb 11, 2020
I do hope to see a working version soon ;), that dragon sword looks tempting buts It's also nice to have interaction with developers so thank you for listening to all our complaints and criticism can't wait until the next update by the way are you adding Wasps or Giants Flies by any chance?
I'm not sure about the wasps but in the original game there was a scene with flies and according to the eroism roadmap it will be included in version 0.75.

Veilwolf

Oct 16, 2018
I'm not sure about the wasps but in the original game there was a scene with flies and according to the eroism roadmap it will be included in version 0.75.
I'm pretty sure it did here is a link

4.30 star(s) 4 Votes