Others Insect Prison Remake [v0.65] [Eroism]

4.30 star(s) 4 Votes

Next update will include a scene with urination. Should a toggle be added to skip urination part?

• No, let it rain

Votes: 115 16.5%
  • Yes, default to ON

Votes: 296 42.5%
  • Yes, default to OFF

Votes: 286 41.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JustAl

Jan 28, 2022
Fix needed: the Libido Knuckles don't have the random-target double-attack perk the normal ones have, so they're accidentally the worst weapon in the game. Confirmed RNG isn't the issue in my test.

eroism

Game Developer
Dec 25, 2019
Any cheats for this game ?
Officially, there are no in game cheats for now, if that is your query.

Unofficially, you might be able to use external tools, like cheat engine, or just simply edit the save file to cheat away ;).

Fix needed: the Libido Knuckles don't have the random-target double-attack perk the normal ones have, so they're accidentally the worst weapon in the game. Confirmed RNG isn't the issue in my test.
The Libido Knuckles are indeed weak, and it is somewhat on purpose, as I'll be making some adjustments and reworks on the combat for version 0.70. As I decided this on the end of version 0.65, to avoid additional work, I've already cut on the stats of the Libido Equipment items, however they are mostly useless as of version 0.65, unless for the lust per turn effect, even thou the feature is bugged :LOL:.

In the next version the equipment will be better balanced with the remaining items, or so I hope. I also wanted to see if I could rework the unique effects of the armor/weapons, so any suggestions are appreciated :).

Reactions: dankew1

JustAl

Jan 28, 2022
[...]
The Libido Knuckles are indeed weak, and it is somewhat on purpose, as I'll be making some adjustments and reworks on the combat for version 0.70. As I decided this on the end of version 0.65, to avoid additional work, I've already cut on the stats of the Libido Equipment items, however they are mostly useless as of version 0.65, unless for the lust per turn effect, even thou the feature is bugged :LOL:.

In the next version the equipment will be better balanced with the remaining items, or so I hope. I also wanted to see if I could rework the unique effects of the armor/weapons, so any suggestions are appreciated :).
I will say that they should be a cursed choice as they are - they are marginally better because they have a disadvantage, but on the basis of being purely better, they are not. Libido gear is arguably easier to farm than normal gear since Leah effectively doesn't need to win to farm it. Most of this game's progression economy right now is purposeful degeneracy, so libido gain helps towards the metagaming of this economy unless there was a virgin ending... but I think many players don't often care for such endings, and this demographic gets smaller as the game is smaller... which is definitely going to be the case regarding the limited CG art selection. So in short, don't plan for the virgin route having much weight and be more limited for libido weapon stats than generous.

In short, I like the choices made in dev. Although I need to get the libido sword to see how it compares to the dagger and leather fists. As for the libido knuckles, I can't say for sure what # of damage it should have with the double attack and lust curse involved. +8 seemed right. Edit: I got the sword, +14 with the libido curse, up from +10. So +7 or +8 on the knuckles with the double hit effect seems right.

Last edited:
Reactions: eroism

Monki0

Nov 6, 2023
Officially, there are no in game cheats for now, if that is your query.

Unofficially, you might be able to use external tools, like cheat engine, or just simply edit the save file to cheat away ;).

What combat changes are you planing?

If you equip 3 libido items As some sort of set bonus you could disable the Roach game over, so you can farm them safely.

eroism

Game Developer
Dec 25, 2019
I will say that they should be a cursed choice as they are - they are marginally better because they have a disadvantage, but on the basis of being purely better, they are not. Libido gear is arguably easier to farm than normal gear since Leah effectively doesn't need to win to farm it. Most of this game's progression economy right now is purposeful degeneracy, so libido gain helps towards the metagaming of this economy unless there was a virgin ending... but I think many players don't often care for such endings, and this demographic gets smaller as the game is smaller... which is definitely going to be the case regarding the limited CG art selection. So in short, don't plan for the virgin route having much weight and be more limited for libido weapon stats than generous.

In short, I like the choices made in dev. Although I need to get the libido sword to see how it compares to the dagger and leather fists. As for the libido knuckles, I can't say for sure what # of damage it should have with the double attack and lust curse involved. +8 seemed right. Edit: I got the sword, +14 with the libido curse, up from +10. So +7 or +8 on the knuckles with the double hit effect seems right.
That is a fair view on the Libido Equipment and I think it makes sense. I'm not sure about having Libido items duplicate the effects of the craftable weapons and armor, but it might be an easier solution than having unique effects for all.

What combat changes are you planing?

If you equip 3 libido items As some sort of set bonus you could disable the Roach game over, so you can farm them safely.
For now I have a few plans, but they might be subject to change, depending on how testing goes and if other ideas come in.
  • Re-balance base damages and defenses (base damages will be higher and base defenses slightly lower)
  • Lower item bonus (with higher damage, the idea is to make the weapon and armor a more tactical choice for their effects and defense bonus rather than pure damage)
  • Change the Defend action to a more classic RPG guard action, where it reduces damage of everything by a set value, instead of the current behavior (Not entirely sure on this one yet)
  • Rework Parry action (still planning what to do with it, maybe as the entry point for stunning enemies)
  • Change Fast Attack, Heavy Attack and Prepare Attack in a way that makes them all viable
  • Introduce the Stunned state (Which leaves the enemy inactive for 1 turn)

JustAl

Jan 28, 2022
That is a fair view on the Libido Equipment and I think it makes sense. I'm not sure about having Libido items duplicate the effects of the craftable weapons and armor, but it might be an easier solution than having unique effects for all.
Duplication is easier, but going unique is more fun. I only have the content that exists in the game for context of the libido weapon's balance standing, and I haven't yet offered any advice on what unique effects to give them so I'll see what you come up with. What I will say is that since buying is easier than farming, and degeneracy is very profitable, I would think that farmed and crafted stuff should be better; I think if I restarted the game over from scratch and tried to get equipment fast, I'd buy libido equipment first. I did just that with the pickaxe, knowing it would likely be found if I searched the cliff but not caring enough to try for long before I bought the pickaxe outright.

For now I have a few plans, but they might be subject to change, depending on how testing goes and if other ideas come in.
  • Re-balance base damages and defenses (base damages will be higher and base defenses slightly lower)
  • Lower item bonus (with higher damage, the idea is to make the weapon and armor a more tactical choice for their effects and defense bonus rather than pure damage)
  • Change the Defend action to a more classic RPG guard action, where it reduces damage of everything by a set value, instead of the current behavior (Not entirely sure on this one yet)
  • Rework Parry action (still planning what to do with it, maybe as the entry point for stunning enemies)
  • Change Fast Attack, Heavy Attack and Prepare Attack in a way that makes them all viable
  • Introduce the Stunned state (Which leaves the enemy inactive for 1 turn)
Right now, armor is very protective but not having armor feels harsh. I recall a fair amount of medicine pumping just to avoid losing fights. Still, degeneracy is meta, so the brutal difficulty is just a catalyst for easier gems. A virgin-run attempt would rush to the cliff ASAP to mine metal for the dagger, but it'd be a slow and perilous farm towards the jacket or a shield so farming medicine would be the proxy to armor, and any fights along the way would be avoided via escape. So I say dealing with more damage and less defense than we have right now is doable even if it looks tough now, because it really doesn't matter.

As for defend... how did it work before? I tried it, it sucked, I went for attacking and preparing (charging) attacks past that point since. Parrying also sucked.

Fast attack is safer, hence why the gloves felt better. Charging the attack before releasing effectively lets me hit up to 2 enemies with a heavy-damage attack at once with less to worry about when getting parried. Enemies are way better at parrying than the player. Still, libido sword charged up then launched with a heavy attack brings enemies from 100% to 0% in an instant knockout. It's worth the parry risk when an enemy is one-and-done out the fight, and fast attack spam with the sword is great too.

Working in a "stun" mechanic might be worthwhile. For balance, as well for the weirdness that is multiple enemies spending their action to grab Leah when it's the enemy team's turn.

Monki0

Nov 6, 2023
I think reworking skills doesn't do much if the whole combat mechanic is not figured out. Right now I don't see a logical approach to combat. I just spam heavy attacks hoping to twoshot most mobs to reduce incoming damage / Lust.

If mob attacks were telegraphed you could impliement a rock paper scissor approach.

Mob tries to grapple, use quick attack to interrupt and deal damage
Mob tries quick attack, use heavy to interrupt and deal damage
Mob tries heavy attack, use parry to block and retaliate.

JustAl

Jan 28, 2022
I think reworking skills doesn't do much if the whole combat mechanic is not figured out. Right now I don't see a logical approach to combat. I just spam heavy attacks hoping to twoshot most mobs to reduce incoming damage / Lust.

If mob attacks were telegraphed you could implement a rock paper scissor approach.

In short, you mean to copy the system Goblin Conqueror uses. That would require Erosim to check out Goblin Conqueror to experience exactly how to pull this system off. Thankfully it is a short game.

As for my own prior feedback, we mentioned how easy it is to get gems. So I think the libido set should be functionally not as good, but it definitely has to have a lustful component. There are more ways to do that than simply increase lust.

For libido weapons, sometimes the weapon could miss and enable a sex attack. For libido armor, sometimes the armor could randomly stun and enable a sex attack. For libido shield, it could randomly proc stun and enable a sex attack on a block or parry. It would make this weapons linearly less effective due to not maintaining upkeep, but they would have perks besides the drawbacks. However being open to sex so often should add up sex-related penalties, but again since sex is profitable, it's not a problem.

eroism

Game Developer
Dec 25, 2019

If mob attacks were telegraphed you could impliement a rock paper scissor approach.

In short, you mean to copy the system Goblin Conqueror uses. That would require Erosim to check out Goblin Conqueror to experience exactly how to pull this system off. Thankfully it is a short game.

As for my own prior feedback, we mentioned how easy it is to get gems. So I think the libido set should be functionally not as good, but it definitely has to have a lustful component. There are more ways to do that than simply increase lust.

For libido weapons, sometimes the weapon could miss and enable a sex attack. For libido armor, sometimes the armor could randomly stun and enable a sex attack. For libido shield, it could randomly proc stun and enable a sex attack on a block or parry. It would make this weapons linearly less effective due to not maintaining upkeep, but they would have perks besides the drawbacks. However being open to sex so often should add up sex-related penalties, but again since sex is profitable, it's not a problem.
Never heard of Goblin Conqueror, but I like the simplicity of such a system. I'll check it out and get some inspiration for the combat.

Honestly, the battles were not the part that drew me the most on the original game, so my initial idea was to redesign it in a way that is somewhat simpler to understand than the source, but at the same time delivers a small rewarding experience in both loosing and winning, without becoming overbearing or outright boring, taking the players to spam click a single action in order to speed it up.

I believe I failed in my attempt :LOL:, however I don't want to invest in an over complicated system, more so than the game needs.

Can anybody tell me how to get notifications about a new version?
As far as I know, you can't receive a specific notification for that here, but I might be mistaken.

Having said that, you can watch this thread, or follow me on my page, which will notify you of new game updates on your feed.

Andrerpg

Nov 14, 2020
As far as I know, you can't receive a specific notification for that here, but I might be mistaken.

Having said that, you can watch this thread, or follow me on my page, which will notify you of new game updates on your feed.
Thank you for your answer. It's a pity that you can't receive notifications only about updates.

Monki0

Nov 6, 2023
Can anybody tell me how to get notifications about a new version?
Just "watch" this thread and if you arnt interested in the discussions, only check back if Eroism replies.

I too am not familiar with Goblin Conquerer. Is it the game where every enemy is a goblin and later you fight Goblin Fairies or Goblin Babies? If the answer is yes, I quit after facing either babies or faries, what ever comes second, I don't really remember. But fuck this game..

I dont really understand why you want to make the libido gear significant worse by adding more sex attacks to them. Get yourself 4+ parasites and watch how your lust skyrocket each round, so that each enemy will have their way with you during their turn. At one point I was farming dog leather seriously, but got raped every enemy turn due to parasites.

4.30 star(s) 4 Votes