Others Insect Prison Remake [v0.80] [Eroism]

3.60 star(s) 7 Votes

How should the drop rate of items on defeated enemies be changed?

• Unchanged and raw (Same as original, high chances of having nothing)

Votes: 19 3.7%
  • Half cooked (Similar to original, BUT low chances of nothing)

Votes: 124 24.4%
  • Deep fried (Enemies always drop something, 0% chance of nothing)

Votes: 242 47.6%
  • Takeout (Same as original, BUT instead of dropping nothing, they drop normal region items as well)

Votes: 123 24.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

eroism

Game Developer
Dec 25, 2019
I am not a fan of games that have a time limit of some sort, nor do I like it if games become harder the longer you take. Such features often are poorly balanced. If time is tight exploring feels punishing and if time frame is so lenient it doesn't matter. Finding the sweetspot is really hard and most games didn't manage to get a right.

The ending should be based on the corruption, not days spent.

What if RNG fucks you over and your pickaxe breaks too often thus you miss the good ending by a day or two? I want to enjoy Leah having fun with creatures on day 300+

This game doesnt feel like it should be too complex
I understand your point, however I don't think that the tension added with the time mechanic, described above, needs to be a "be all, end all" case, in the Fallout 1 and 2 sense. We don't necessarily need to have a game over after X days, and you can still experience most of the game as is, without caring much for the time elapsed.

I think the discussion is more to do with the potential interest that the time mechanic could add both to the story aspect, as well as the kink aspect. It doesn't need to overwhelm the game or become overly complicated, but could add some tension to the good end route.

Instead of a hard limit, like 100 days, it should be a mix of several conditions, so the overall state of Leah's mind would depend the player's actions, for example, if you spend a lot of time with high lewdness and lust, then you are unlikely to have a good end, independent on the number of days. On the other hand, if you control your lewdness and lust strictly, then you could even have a good ending in a in-game year, or so I imagine.
Hello, you should also take a cue from an insect artist from Murahachiro, he does a great job, you should after remastering the game add mutations; )
I'm familiar with his work. A few of his materials are a bit above my a alley, but mutations could definitely be an idea for the future. I'm not sure how I would fit it in the scope, so I guess we will have to wait to see if it makes sense to add it.

Monki0

Nov 6, 2023
I understand your point, however I don't think that the tension added with the time mechanic, described above, needs to be a "be all, end all" case, in the Fallout 1 and 2 sense. We don't necessarily need to have a game over after X days, and you can still experience most of the game as is, without caring much for the time elapsed.

I think the discussion is more to do with the potential interest that the time mechanic could add both to the story aspect, as well as the kink aspect. It doesn't need to overwhelm the game or become overly complicated, but could add some tension to the good end route.

Instead of a hard limit, like 100 days, it should be a mix of several conditions, so the overall state of Leah's mind would depend the player's actions, for example, if you spend a lot of time with high lewdness and lust, then you are unlikely to have a good end, independent on the number of days. On the other hand, if you control your lewdness and lust strictly, then you could even have a good ending in a in-game year, or so I imagine.

I'm familiar with his work. A few of his materials are a bit above my a alley, but mutations could definitely be an idea for the future. I'm not sure how I would fit it in the scope, so I guess we will have to wait to see if it makes sense to add it.
What is considered a good ending and what is a bad one?

Good ending:
Leah finding the scientists and leaving the Island? (plottwist after a few days home she misses the creatures and the fun she had and Returns to the Island to stay for good.)

Bad ending:
She just stays?

Milchoholiker

Game Developer
Aug 23, 2018
I am also against time limits. Especially in a game where so much is random. When I think about how long you have to search to get enough leather and how long some fights take against the same type of enemy, a time limit is rather annoying.

What I can imagine is that there are stronger opponents during the night or that the MC gets tired. Also the parasites will grow in a few days and will lead to new or other H-scenes. But everything on Lilimts.

Reactions: Monki0 and squallsq

Monki0

Nov 6, 2023
I am also against time limits. Especially in a game where so much is random. When I think about how long you have to search to get enough leather and how long some fights take against the same type of enemy, a time limit is rather annoying.

What I can imagine is that there are stronger opponents during the night or that the MC gets tired. Also the parasites will grow in a few days and will lead to new or other H-scenes. But everything on Lilimts.
More scenes is difficult since all he can use is existing Art by the original artist.

Aug 15, 2018
More scenes is difficult since all he can use is existing Art by the original artist.

The possibility of Eroism getting his hands on new art is not entirely ruled out. The Original dev could make some more for him if he is up to it. Or else i am sure there are some possibilites with AI. Sure Ai is not perfect, but with the right Image to image generation technique, it can be very usefull if you want to make different animations that are based on an already existing character image.

Reactions: squallsq

eroism

Game Developer
Dec 25, 2019
Sorry for the cut on the middle of the discussion, but it is just to inform that version 0.70 is here.

This version highlights are the Mosquito scenes, the recall scenes feature and the setting to automatically skip repeated animations, called "Auto Skip Anims". There were a lot of changes on this version, so please check the update at , if you're interested.

youraccount69

Donor
Dec 30, 2020
InsectPrisonRemake-0.70
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

Reactions: eroism and uma2

eroism

Game Developer
Dec 25, 2019
What is considered a good ending and what is a bad one?

Good ending:
Leah finding the scientists and leaving the Island? (plottwist after a few days home she misses the creatures and the fun she had and Returns to the Island to stay for good.)

Bad ending:
She just stays?

It seems time as a mechanic and story tool creates some friction and I can understand the RNG argument about unpredictability, however I still think that the endings should depend on the overall actions of the player throughout the session.

Instead of a good-bad ending approach to the story's conclusion, I'm thinking more of a "consequence" based. So your corruption or whatever status increases/decreases and your possible conclusions are picked for you given that, but it doesn't necessarily make it a bad or good end (that's for the player to decide), but a direct response of Leah's state when she gets to the end of the story.

As an example, with less corruption you are more likely to leave the island, rescue the researchers, go after the "antagonists", get rewarded for the loot you brought and the quest completion, while when corrupted you are more likely to stay on the island, join the "antagonists", enjoy breeding, trap the researchers, keep the island a secret, etc.

So it is the gameplay having an impact on the conclusion, other than the story having an impact on the gameplay, where the corruption is a spectrum that tilts your finale to certain endings, based on how you played. Maybe, if possible, have a specific H scene for each available ending, but that is just me wishing for now.

The possibility of Eroism getting his hands on new art is not entirely ruled out. The Original dev could make some more for him if he is up to it. Or else i am sure there are some possibilites with AI. Sure Ai is not perfect, but with the right Image to image generation technique, it can be very usefull if you want to make different animations that are based on an already existing character image.
New CGs are still an open topic for the time being, but one can still dream ;). I'll share my thoughts and plans when nearing the end phase of the remake, as I still have to take the time to collect my options, talk with Atella and check the alternatives.

The keyboard was too slow for my typing... :LOL:. Thank you for the heads up, please let me know if you find any other hidden gems like that :).

eroism

Game Developer
Dec 25, 2019
I'll be reworking the combat system in version 0.75, so here is the second draft of the idea:

1723975973379.png

It is heavily based on the suggestions you've been sharing. Personally I think it is not overly complex and opens the door for some minor RNG strategizing, but let me know your thoughts.

Throwaway1A

Oct 4, 2021
Hey there, sorry to bother you, but would you be willing to provide the names of all 18 unlockable scenes? And if it's okay, could you give a quick guide for each scene? Thank you!

eroism

Game Developer
Dec 25, 2019
Hey there, sorry to bother you, but would you be willing to provide the names of all 18 unlockable scenes? And if it's okay, could you give a quick guide for each scene? Thank you!
I've recently answered with the scene list in itch.io, I'll just adapt it so you can have the general idea.
  • 2 Parasite Beast scenes (forced/consent)
  • 1 Oniku scene (have 3 Parasite Scenes, then visit the Doghouse with some lewdness)
  • 3 Wharf Roach scenes (forced/consent/defeat)
  • 3 Parasite Worm scenes (panties/naked/big) (have Parasite Beast or Bugshroom scenes, go to sleep, triggers on chance)
  • 1 Bugshroom scene (have at least 3 lewdness and 40% lust, then explore the forest until finding a Bugshroom)
  • 3 Jellyfish scenes (forced/consent/defeat)
  • 2 Leech scenes (forced/consent) (just explore the Swamp with different levels of lewdness)
  • 2 Mosquito scenes (panties/naked) (explore the Swamp until hearing a mosquito, go to sleep, triggers on chance)
  • 1 Rumia scene (peep on the back of the Shop at night)
The remaining forced and consent scenes are triggered by the H grab attacks of enemies during battle, depending on lewdness and defeat scenes are triggered on defeat. The Wharf Roach defeat is a special case, as it results in a Game Over and only triggers if lewdness is at least at 6.

Throwaway1A

Oct 4, 2021
I've recently answered with the scene list in itch.io, I'll just adapt it so you can have the general idea.
  • 2 Parasite Beast scenes (forced/consent)
  • 1 Oniku scene (have 3 Parasite Scenes, then visit the Doghouse with some lewdness)
  • 3 Wharf Roach scenes (forced/consent/defeat)
  • 3 Parasite Worm scenes (panties/naked/big) (have Parasite Beast or Bugshroom scenes, go to sleep, triggers on chance)
  • 1 Bugshroom scene (have at least 3 lewdness and 40% lust, then explore the forest until finding a Bugshroom)
  • 3 Jellyfish scenes (forced/consent/defeat)
  • 2 Leech scenes (forced/consent) (just explore the Swamp with different levels of lewdness)
  • 2 Mosquito scenes (panties/naked) (explore the Swamp until hearing a mosquito, go to sleep, triggers on chance)
  • 1 Rumia scene (peep on the back of the Shop at night)
The remaining forced and consent scenes are triggered by the H grab attacks of enemies during battle, depending on lewdness and defeat scenes are triggered on defeat. The Wharf Roach defeat is a special case, as it results in a Game Over and only triggers if lewdness is at least at 6.
Thank you so much! But I have another question: I've gotten defeated by both the Wharf Roaches and the Jellyfish, but the only scenes that appear are Consent, and I had level 9 corruption but I only unlocked the forced Leech scene, is this something wrong with what I did or is there currently a bug with the gallery triggers?

eroism

Game Developer
Dec 25, 2019
Thank you so much! But I have another question: I've gotten defeated by both the Wharf Roaches and the Jellyfish, but the only scenes that appear are Consent, and I had level 9 corruption but I only unlocked the forced Leech scene, is this something wrong with what I did or is there currently a bug with the gallery triggers?
I've confirmed recently a bug where some scenes with both the consent and forced version only unlock once. It might be that case, or it might be that I've made a mistake with considering the scenes' compositions.

I'm sure that right now you won't be able to unlock the 18 scenes in the gallery, I'm just not entirely sure which ones are affected. I'm working on a fix for this that I'll include in 0.75, but the fix is not scene specific, is a generic logic correction, so without testing each scene, I don't know which are affected.

Astaryx

Jul 11, 2024
Question...

It's been about 50 days in my game and I still haven't made much progress even though I've been exploring the Forest, Swamp (Already got salt thing too for leeches), Cliff (ladder), Cliff, beach, and beach2 (where the jellyfishes are), is that all the locations available? Some hints? Thanks in advance! The game is really great, I absolutely love it!

Reactions: Nicola13

ryu7432

Sep 30, 2017
Question...

It's been about 50 days in my game and I still haven't made much progress even though I've been exploring the Forest, Swamp (Already got salt thing too for leeches), Cliff (ladder), Cliff, beach, and beach2 (where the jellyfishes are), is that all the locations available? Some hints? Thanks in advance! The game is really great, I absolutely love it!
That's just about all of the areas the game has at the moment. Going off the original, the remake will eventually add more areas past the swamp area, as well as more interactions with the shop keeper and additional items (both by buying and crafting) for fending off the insects or... tempting them (patiently waiting for Lust Ring to be implemented).

As a side note that functions as a review, there are some 'bugs' (no pun intended) with some of the scenes that I think deserve some attention:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I'm tempted to jump into the debate of "to time-knife, or not to time-knife?" but I'll hold-off on doing so for now. Realistically, I don't even think the original was remotely close to an incomplete story but rather an an excuse to have a hot anime girl turned hentai by the island's fauna. I imagine versions 1.0+ will rework both story and systems to better fit whatever eroism will envision for this game.

• Hey there
Reactions: Astaryx
3.60 star(s) 7 Votes