Daz Installing assets with manual daz3d

mickydoo

Fudged it again.
Game Developer
Jan 5, 2018
The Daz library folder is hidden here
C:\Users\Public\Documents\My DAZ 3D Library (I have a shortcut on my desktop, makes life easier)

Open it up
Open the download up in another window and double click the runtime folder so you have this.
dl1.jpg
Double click runtime in My DAZ 3D Library
dl2.jpg
Ignore the OBJ folder, you don't need it

Go into the Geometries folder on the download and you will see another folder called props, likewise go onto the Geometries in DAZ library and will see a props folder

Back in the download, open props and you will see a folder called TruStyles
In your DAZ library open props. If there is no folder already there called TruStyles drag it in there. If there is a folder already called TruStyles in there it just means you have another asset by the same person, in this case, you need to open both folders, in the download you will find another folder called Contemporary Home, open the TruStyles in Daz downloads and then drag it in, unless of course there is already one called Contemporary Home, then you just go into the folders again :p

Rinse and repeat this for all the folders

Basically you have copy the file path of the download onto your pc.

mickydoo

Fudged it again.
Game Developer
Jan 5, 2018
Thanks man. Your method worked. But now thumbnail is not visible. How can i fix that?
View attachment 630717
I just looked through the files again, it should also show up in scene builder in DAZ, the thumb is in that folder. If you wanted and I assume it will work, inside the props folder of the download is the scene builder folder, the thumb is in there. If you copy it then right-click on your empty thumb and browse to file location and paste it in, in theory it should work.

Reactions: CaptainFlager