Seeking Interesting RPG mechanics

golwas

Jul 8, 2017
I recently played a game called The Elven Educator. It had this bizarrely complicated rpg battle system that I honestly never made full sense of, but it was kind of interesting.

So I want to compile a list of Hrpgs with mechanics that go a step further than out-of-the-box RPGmaker fare. Mind you, they don't have to be good, just interesting.

Note: It might be a sign that you've played too many H games when you're more interested in the mechanics than the actual H.

eugeneloza

Jan 2, 2022
Those not on the list above but off top of my head ones that personally got me curious (all of them are either free or have a decent free version):

- Delegating control of character to a ghost to automate grinding.

Pokkaloh - I really loved the idea when you repeat action multiple times it becomes automatic.

- Iteration on match-5 for a combat system by the same authors as previous one.

Stones - Angry Birds can be played this way too.

- Neo Scavenger but adult. Unfortunately not very playable in current free version, but really cool showcase of possible mechanics.

- Nice ideas on rhythm roguelite.

- Roguelike with turn-based combat, very creative positional fight (side-stepping).

Vinculike - A roguelite by yours truly ;) Centered around nudity, bondage and other soft adult content.

Reactions: golwas