Interior lighting advice

• Thread starter Deleted member 1063287
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 1063287

So basically I'm trying to create a RPG-maker game using 3d models instead of pixel sprites. I figured out the camera angle, orthogonal settings... the only problem now is the lighting. I made a test room and filled it with random props to see how it would look, but the lighting could use some work. Does anoyone know a good way to light interior scenes without roofs in a way that they look natural

Papa Ernie

Squirrel!?
Uploader
Donor
Dec 4, 2016
So basically I'm trying to create a RPG-maker game using 3d models instead of pixel sprites. I figured out the camera angle, orthogonal settings... the only problem now is the lighting. I made a test room and filled it with random props to see how it would look, but the lighting could use some work. Does anoyone know a good way to light interior scenes without roofs in a way that they look natural
What 3D software are you using and if it's DAZ, are you using Iray?

Porcus Dev

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 12, 2017
If it's the shadows you're worried about, just add another spotlight (or emissive surface) to illuminate them.

If you used DOME for that light, you can also rotate it until the light falls directly on the scenario and doesn't cause shadows.

D

Deleted member 1063287

This one turned out a bit better in my opinion, could just be the lamp though.