Daz Interior lighting in comics

Apr 7, 2020
I would like to start making classic comics with Daz3d and my goal is to create something like this in terms of interior lighting.

Can anyone explain how I could achieve this results?

Thanks a lot

JL78

a.png b.png c.png d.png e.png f.png g.png h.png

Last edited:

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
It could be any number of techniques. Though, given the rather consistent lighting across multiple characters, I'd say it's some mix between the roof/ceiling being turned into an emissive or a large emissive plane/ghost light rotated 90 degrees or so downward toward the floor(s).

Render "e.png" looks to be using a warm, large spotlight with the render emitter on (hence the white window) or perhaps a large emissive plane, and the closeup shot of the guy looking out the window is likely a ghost light with the same temperature or a spotlight with the render emitter off. Some of them (namely the first and last renders) look like they could be using the in-built lighting that came with the environments.

Reactions: aragh
Apr 7, 2020
It could be any number of techniques. Though, given the rather consistent lighting across multiple characters, I'd say it's some mix between the roof/ceiling being turned into an emissive or a large emissive plane/ghost light rotated 90 degrees or so downward toward the floor(s).

Render "e.png" looks to be using a warm, large spotlight with the render emitter on (hence the white window) or perhaps a large emissive plane, and the closeup shot of the guy looking out the window is likely a ghost light with the same temperature or a spotlight with the render emitter off. Some of them (namely the first and last renders) look like they could be using the in-built lighting that came with the environments.
Many thanks for your reply :)