BaronVampson

Game Developer
Nov 5, 2018
I'm running a Poll on my patreon right now (I'll probably start one on here down the line, but probably not right away) to gauge thoughts and feelings about next avenue of development, so if you feel like you wanna chime in you can do so here

Pidgeons

Jul 5, 2019
April looks absolutely fantastic. The mouse movements are way, way too sensitive; I try to move just a smidge and the dude starts doing cartwheels. I feel like this is good as a proof of concept or something like that. And even if there were a lot more content, I actually really like that April gets straight to the point--I've been craving that for awhile now. It's too bad it doesn't show up in more complex games like a harem VN or something. I do think it could use some sort of animation of April getting up from her chair and walking over to the player--and instead of instantly being naked by default, I think she should either have her clothes on by default, or there should be an animation of her taking them off first.

Last edited:

Gabaw

Jun 23, 2017
I'm here for DAT ASS

However, I'll wait on it for future updates. Looking forward to it, Baron von Simpson.

BaronVampson

Game Developer
Nov 5, 2018
INTERVIEW WITH APRIL - Public Release (v. 0069 - Sixty-nine Dude!)

GIF 1.gif

Alright, so last of the mega bugfixes (for the time being) that being of the Model Swapper being unable to Swap individual outfit parts for sex scenes/various other issues.

Due to the way I had written the script this was a pretty time consuming and arduous fix and I ended up having to go back on myself a few times. But, I've optimized it a bit so that going forward further integrations with more Sex Scenes should be far simpler and easier (in theory -- at least!), so regardless of whether or not it was all warranted, it was still important and conducive for any further development in the area of models/what would be done with them specifically, etc.

Timewise, I've also been caught up a bit running a few personal errands, but that's only related into what I'd been up to during my hours on/off development wise, etc. Once the main debacle clears up, I should be able to direct my attention to specific issues/deficiencies a lot easier.

Version 0.0069

Bug Fixes

- Model Swapper now successfully allows for Changing of Outfits/wardrobe for any character at any point during play whilst in level (Including Sex, ETC.. Doesn't matter, now it affects all models belonging to a specific character at any point.)
- Model Swapper can now be used to change outfits without changing models first (simply click on either Player/April buttons to change whichever outfit you desire to change, etc)
- Certain Background fixes/Script Changes (may or may not increase overall performance/stability, but it seems as such for the time being)
- Changed the placement of the Nude buttons in the Sex UI Interface to improve screen organisation
- Fixed Loading Screen Visuals (FINALLY! it now no longer looks broken/wobbly, etc)
QoL
- First Person Camera Mouse Sensitivity is now adjustable by the player, and should be consistent to the Player specifically. *
(third Person Camera uses a different script, and therefore will require further adjustments in the future for it to function.)

* As to the mouse sensitivity issue -- the default mouse sensitivity for the mouse used in menu's ETC is the one used by the Desktop.
The sensitivity for Cameras however can be changed without any pass-throughs, although First person and third person cameras in the game are operating on different scripts/components, thus they don't function the same way and accessing them is not the same. Therefore, in this version I have developed sensitivity for the First person Camera ONLY, and not the third person. For the menu's, the game uses your default hardware mouse sensitivity (or should...!)

Anyway, the results of the Poll are in, and it looks like Sex Content won by a landslide of nearly 50 percent! So, I think I will work towards further development in this area ;) I have some ideas where April is bent over the chair and another where April is giving the Player a blowjob. I'll also address the other results of the poll and my future intentions a bit more in a future post, but for the near future I think I will be adding more sex content when I next get the chance lol
So, after the 'End of Content' button, I want to include some more sex stuff after that, and possibly before instead of April and the Player landing on the couch.

I also want to publish a video since this is by far the most stable/least buggy release I have made thus far and I think it also highlights the direction I want the game to take from this point forward.

Till next time!

April looks absolutely fantastic. The mouse movements are way, way too sensitive; I try to move just a smidge and the dude starts doing cartwheels. I feel like this is good as a proof of concept or something like that. And even if there were a lot more content, I actually really like that April gets straight to the point--I've been craving that for awhile now. It's too bad it doesn't show up in more complex games like a harem VN or something. I do think it could use some sort of animation of April getting up from her chair and walking over to the player--and instead of instantly being naked by default, I think she should either have her clothes on by default, or there should be an animation of her taking them off first.
Yea I've been wanting to do the whole 'April gets up and saunters over to you and sucks you off' since I first had this idea, but unfortunately It's gonna take some time, and so the foremost requirement for that, on my part I believe, is patience and willpower to see it through. As it stands, the Sex Content was the winner by a clear margin in the Poll so rest assured you'll be seeing more Sex content as it stands *anyway* regardless of whether or not it's April getting up and going from there in a more organic way, although I do agree with you that it's a neat idea. Also yes, it is more convenient for me and for other players that April doesn't fuss around and instead cuts to the chase lol, I think maybe in Future updates I will provide a little more foreplay but as it stands, I don't really want April to beat around the bush when it comes to what she wants (lol)

Clothes on by default.. Well, in this update she's still nude by default on the couch but if it really is as jarring as you say (and of course it is addressable in game by the nudity toggle AND the wardrobe now as of this update) then I would consider making April clothed by default with the option of the nude toggle (etc).

As for the mouse senitivity, I made a slider in the settings menu that makes that issue adjustable (at least for first person camera, third person operates on a different component and will need a different script for it to function) so I hope this will no longer be an issue in that regard.

reel it on the mouse sensitivity please it very jarring.
Issue should be fixed in this update -- player can now change (first person camera) mouse sensitivity from the options menu.

I'm here for DAT ASS

However, I'll wait on it for future updates. Looking forward to it, Baron von Simpson.
Thank you :)

Reactions: BunnyB10

BaronVampson

Game Developer
Nov 5, 2018
INTERVIEW WITH APRIL - Public Release (v0.0695 (Sixty-nine-point-five dude!))
GIF 1.gif

I had hoped to package in some new Content with the next update following after 0.0069, but due to an unforseen bug (not gamebreaking, but definitely.. not great (lol) in the previous version) I'm packaging this one early.

Expect the NEXT update to include some new content

This update is primarily technical/visual fixes with one somewhat significant issue that was packaged in the previous update by oversight. (Yes, another AAA gaming moment..!)

Changes/Additions:
  • Improved Visual AA and Edge Detection (Edges are now much softer) (SMAA swapped out to TAA, meaning softer edges and a higher overall visual fidelity with (seemingly) minimal tradeoff in framerate.)
  • Added a new Quality Setting -- Fantastic -- with x8 AA and Highest resolution shadowmaps, Quality is 4x AA and 2nd Highest resolution shadowmaps, Balanced is hard shadows, Performance is none.
  • Slight Change to Lighting/Shadows Representation
- (Soft Shadows by default (Quality & Fantastic)
- (Hard shadows by Default (Balanced)
- No Shadows (Performance)
  • Decreased the Size of the Dialogue Input Window slightly to allow for more optimal view.
  • Updated credits to reflect patron status
  • Added Icons for Level Select
*(Icons for Model Swapper etc to be added in the next update.)
  • April now clothed by default in first sex scene. (Player choice still prevalent with the nudity toggle buttons etc, but for the default state, she is now clothed.)
Bug Fixes:
  • An unfortunate oversight led to the player character being forced to play as InterviewKun (male character) regardless of input in character selection scene. This has been fixed in this update.
  • Changing Resolution now actually Works and isn't just a broken dropdown menu.. (lol)
  • Fullscreen toggle now correctly reflects the status of fullscreen upon its activation
  • Other Background fixes

yilkin

dl.rpdl.net
Donor
Feb 23, 2023
InterviewWithApril-0.00695
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

b00marrows

Aug 15, 2017
Ok so.
Sucks for the game to have a bit of a crash landing with the bugs. I havent played the newest-newest build but i played the "fixed" on from a while back.

Anyway, feedback:
Very limited right now, so cant give much feedback.
Need breast physics. The breasts are nowhere near as lively as funbags that big should be.
Maybe the same could be said for the ass, id have to see more positions to really say.

I can see the gameplay being really weird and limited in its current state. The openness of walking around is a good start, turning up earl/late is cool too. I can see some openess in the game play but I'm not too sure where its going to evolve too.

Thoughts:
The thickness id say on a scale is a 12, a little over my general likes but i can tolerate it. At the end of the day whats to argue when theres more woman in the right parts to enjoy?

Is it actual futa (both bits) or dickgirl (just pp) I prefer the 1st option for logical reasons, best of both worlds.
Now, this is a bit of an odd one but... Why not flip the script? i mean that literally.
Turn the table compleetly and make it so the players interviewing the girl. This would not only allow for a bit of fun with setup on the players behalf (interviewer doing actions before/during/after the interview) but also allow for more logic when it comes to other characters/girls being interviewed.
Just a thought.

Kinda hard to give much due to the limited state of the game, but ill be keeping an eye on it.

BaronVampson

Game Developer
Nov 5, 2018
Nice lengthy feedback! Here we go!

Ok so.
Sucks for the game to have a bit of a crash landing with the bugs. I havent played the newest-newest build but i played the "fixed" on from a while back.
Which "Fixed" version are you referring to? That doesn't actually help much lol.. What was wrong on the version you played?
Anyway, feedback:
Very limited right now, so cant give much feedback.
Need breast physics. The breasts are nowhere near as lively as funbags that big should be.
Maybe the same could be said for the ass, id have to see more positions to really say.
Physics.. A lot of this stuff is on the blender end, Unity has a lot of functionality with stuff like this (physics in general) but for jiggle physics in particular I have to go into Blender, create new bones, assign weights to bones for each and every body and outfit and honestly this is a very time inefficient thing for me to do right now because

A) I don't really enjoy working with Blender because the things that work in Blender don't work the way they do in Unity etc, so everything I do in Blender I have to be conscious of that fact, and I'd rather be more comfortable with working between the two first
B) All of these jiggle physics bones would have to be weight painted. I'm not the best at weight painting, but I do believe that what I do is somewhat sufficient.

Even so, Its by no means expedient, the best timeframe I could maybe provide if I worked on it from start to finish now would be 2 weeks minimum (OPTIMISTIC) but it is definitely possible to do yes.

I'd love to have it, but for now you'll have to make do with the simulated physics I already have.
I can see the gameplay being really weird and limited in its current state. The openness of walking around is a good start, turning up earl/late is cool too. I can see some openess in the game play but I'm not too sure where its going to evolve too.
Understandable, it is a short demo. I want the environment to be interactive the way Deus Ex environments are, like you can right click on stuff and shit just happens. That's a way out for the time being though, I think myself included and a few other people want to see April bent over and the like so I'll do that FIRST before adding any extra. I can definitely see where you're coming from though, it's a little limited at the moment simply because there is nothing additional there, for the time being, but I do have plans for it all.

Thoughts:
The thickness id say on a scale is a 12, a little over my general likes but i can tolerate it. At the end of the day whats to argue when theres more woman in the right parts to enjoy?
Everyone's personal preference is gonna be different but, down the line I will maybe include a thickness slider of some sort if I possibly can, beyond that I really don't want to delve into that area just yet. Maybe another month or so at least. But I understand that for some this may be too much THICC, and I'm willing to accomodate for that in an optional slider (or something) when I get around to that, but it's not at the top of my priorities at the moment and if it does happen I wouldn't count on it being any time soon I'm afraid (I can just imagine the amount of work it would probably take in blender *shudder*)
Is it actual futa (both bits) or dickgirl (just pp) I prefer the 1st option for logical reasons, best of both worlds.
It's the first one.
Now, this is a bit of an odd one but... Why not flip the script? i mean that literally.
Turn the table compleetly and make it so the players interviewing the girl. This would not only allow for a bit of fun with setup on the players behalf (interviewer doing actions before/during/after the interview) but also allow for more logic when it comes to other characters/girls being interviewed.
Just a thought.
How many casting couch dynamic scenarios start with this exact same premise? lol to me this is a very tired, and archaic form of storytelling.. Also I really don't agree with the logic behind that, to me that feels really limiting, but maybe that's just my mindset on it. Idk, I kinda hate it to be honest.. Lol Doesn't really fit with my intention of where I want the game to head honestly.
Kinda hard to give much due to the limited state of the game, but ill be keeping an eye on it.
I appreciate that :) yes It's early days, but I want to keep adding content and new things as is necessary. I made a sort of devlog response to a poll that took place regarding content and which direction the playerbase wanted it to take (this was on my patreon, not f95 in particular although I linked it here regardless, I'd probably do a f95 poll at a later date if I ever do). And Thanks again for the feedback! I appreciate it!

b00marrows

Aug 15, 2017
Good to hear back from ya.

Which "Fixed" version are you referring to? That doesn't actually help much lol.. What was wrong on the version you played?
First download i could sit down but nothing happened and i could scoot round in the sitting position.
Next download worked fine tho.

Oh trust me i know. I have been dabbling on and off with game development over the years and my recent run in with blender left me completely confused at to why the collision of a tile map/wall was inside out. took literally days (ok a few hours split between a few days) to figure it out.
There's no easy road. Its best to put the time in and get things down, especially if you plan to use things long term.

I do recommend you look into physics in general as i feel from what you're saying it may be able to play a role gameplay.
Walking around with your dick out flopping around knocking things over could be a fucking fun time who knows.
Not as a priority tho as i feel it may hamper development by being a fairly large speed bump.
But i wont lie that it does feel a bit disappointing when the big jiggly bits aint all that jiggly.

It's the first one.
good, good. More lovely bits to look at.
Any thoughts on no-balls? i prefer the clear view, but thats me.

Everyone's personal preference is gonna be different but, down the line I will maybe include a thickness slider of some sort if I possibly can, beyond that I really don't want to delve into that area just yet.
I dunno about that. Morphs and sliders and no joke.
What might work better for you is having a varied selection of models. Maybe on both sides even.
I'm not saying you need a shota or some skinny runt of a woman but hey, having another model who's a bit "less" could accommodate a larger crowd.
But again, up to you. (sorry to repeat this long term roles in development/feedback has lead to some not so good reactions)

On that note, i kinda like the size dynamic of a "thicker sub". You know like a tomboyish tough gal with a big meatstick fucking a embodiment absolute thickness.
Height differences can also be a blessing but damn i know the difficulty that could bring.

How many casting couch dynamic scenarios start with this exact same premise? lol to me this is a very tired, and archaic form of storytelling.. Also I really don't agree with the logic behind that, to me that feels really limiting, but maybe that's just my mindset on it. Idk, I kinda hate it to be honest.. Lol Doesn't really fit with my intention of where I want the game to head honestly.
Ah quite the contrary, there's actually verry few games following that role ironically. I think 2 maybe 3 if you stretch the idea a bit. But ay no worries, i dont actually like the whole "casting couch" thing anyway.

My confusion is not knowing yet the direction the games going. I cant see your vision (yet) and thats fine.

Now, some more feedback on the current game.
What the fuck is even meant to be possible?

Right from the start, main menu.
Is swapping the model to Bonnie to meant to work? it doesn't and in the level the model swaps back to April. Confusion.
Are the other 2 maps meant to do anything? Confusion.
Early/late? do these do anything? they don't seem to right now. Confusion.

IMO, showing potential features is great. But them doing nothing is just confusing and annoying.
Showing upcoming/future options greyed out is good for both usability and showing the user what they ahve to look forward to.

This is getting to be a bit of a long response so ill cut it here.

BaronVampson

Game Developer
Nov 5, 2018
To be honest, a lot of what you've put I'd somewhat covered in the link I posted, I try not to make a habit of repeating myself whenever possible lol

Also it's not good to me to report issues with old versions unless these same issues also exist within the latest versions. Please use the latest version as a frame of reference as it makes things clearer to me and to what I need to fix :) thank you.

Any thoughts on no-balls? i prefer the clear view, but thats me.
Maybe with a strap-on option, but I'd rather not go down this road just yet.

My confusion is not knowing yet the direction the games going. I cant see your vision (yet) and thats fine.

Now, some more feedback on the current game.
What the fuck is even meant to be possible?

Right from the start, main menu.
Is swapping the model to Bonnie to meant to work?
I'll make a video somepoint to illustrate but that will likely be shipped with the next version now. This is how it works:
Model swapping for characters IN-GAME/During level play (outside of main menu) works with the model swapper packaged in the Model Swapper in the CORE version of the game.

That option on the main menu is just to illustrate the possible choices in game, and for decorative purposes/visual flair.

Are the other 2 maps meant to do anything? Confusion.
No, they're basically blank for the time being until I put stuff in them. think of it as just a showroom, just to sort of look at the model etc for the time being. In future I want to add stuff like model spawning and sex spawn etc (CORE version stuff most likely) but we're a ways out from that yet. For now, yes these are just empty rooms you can walk around in and be pervy with the model/wardrobe selection if you want.
Early/late? do these do anything? they don't seem to right now. Confusion.
Not yet. Addressed in
IMO, showing potential features is great. But them doing nothing is just confusing and annoying.
They're just there to illustrate what I intend to do.. I also have PLANNED FEATURES button the main menu, but admittedly it doesn't describe everything I want to do and could use an update. I didn't put them there intentionally for it to be confusing or annoying lol it's just information
Showing upcoming/future options greyed out is good for both usability and showing the user what they ahve to look forward to.
Greyed out? I'd rather not do that but if people want some sort of blurb or whatever maybe I can put that. It's not really top of my list of priorities though.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE READ IF YOU ARE CONFUSED AND YOU HAVEN'T ALREADY , THANK YOU.

Last edited:
4.00 star(s) 1 Vote