VN - Unity - Completed - Intoxicant [2021-11-19 Patreon] [hotpink]

1. 2.00 star(s)

Erosoft

Intoxicant gets two stars, in a good way, for using some really interesting visual technology. I love how the 2d sprites are set on a 3d environment, all with a consistent pixel art style and feel. Very crisp and actually beautiful. In this sense the game has a lot of potential.

However, this game is not worth playing. The three mediocre scenes are fine. But you would expect some kind of gameplay, right? Mixing the drinks has no impact on gameplay and as it stands the gameplay is just click a bunch of arbitrary things over and over until you get some okay-ish pixel art ecchi scenes.

Someone should just record the scenes and post them on a booru to be viewed. There is no game here, only a glorified gallery.
  2. 2.00 star(s)

jinklebonk

There's a lot of good here. The art is pretty nice, the 3d/pixel combination is intriguing, and the concept could be fleshed out into a bigger, much more enjoyable game. Moreso than any other Hotpink project, in fact. However, the actual drink mixing aspect of the game can't be failed. I appreciate that, but I feel like if I gave a woman 3 unholy concoctions of whatever I felt like, she wouldn't want to give me a paizuri. Worst yet is the voice acting. The mc is just the typical VA-11 Hall-A esque beeps and boops, but the woman is fully voiced by the world's slowest reader in the sleepiest voice Eeyore could muster while making sure the mic picks up every smack of the gums. An option to turn that off would benefit the game greatly, in my opinion.
    All in all decent experience, but an even better foundation for something more worthy of your time.
  3. 4.00 star(s)

espurrJelly

it was worth every penny. my only gripe is the vocal quality seems off, i actually wish it was crisper and had a light acoustic change to it due to the bar being empty overall i would say that even if you play it here, five bucks aint much for a simple easy game to play support this dev.
  4. 1.00 star(s)

JackFateRipperNight

Everything is censored in the free version, you can pay for the full to get like 3 scenes. 5 Bucks for something you can get for free.
    Gameplay wise its also fairly bland. You make drinks but really it doesn't matter which ones, just serve something, anything and proceed.