RPGM Invisible or Visible CG Main Character

Isekai Games

Nov 30, 2017
Hello,

Do you prefer to have an a protagonist that is fully fleshed out similar to monster girl quest or a protagonist that is partially invisible?

Parrially invisible: Body only shown with most things grayed out.
Fully fleshed out: Full character with face

Thank you,
Isekai Gaming

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
I think the choice is not so important to the success or failure of your game. Other things like enjoyable gameplay or good story are more important than anything else.

3rd person Full renders: Slight loss of immersion because there already is a "face" and some players will not identify with the mc so strongly. generally easier to have renders from all directions and sex positions.
3rd person renders but never show face: as above but maybe easier to self-insert as MC. but you have to be more careful about positioning to keep MC's head/face out of view.
POV: you don't have to worry about hiding the face, but close ups/sex renders are harder / have limited positions. so you can't necessary show as much of the girls.

Reactions: Isekai Games

Isekai Games

Nov 30, 2017
I think the choice is not so important to the success or failure of your game. Other things like enjoyable gameplay or good story are more important than anything else.

3rd person Full renders: Slight loss of immersion because there already is a "face" and some players will not identify with the mc so strongly. generally easier to have renders from all directions and sex positions.
3rd person renders but never show face: as above but maybe easier to self-insert as MC. but you have to be more careful about positioning to keep MC's head/face out of view.
POV: you don't have to worry about hiding the face, but close ups/sex renders are harder / have limited positions. so you can't necessary show as much of the girls.
Thanks for sharing your feedback! What do you think about mainly POV type images for the scenes to make it more self-insertable, but have a full face MC for story progression/non-H scenes?

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
Thanks for sharing your feedback! What do you think about mainly POV type images for the scenes to make it more self-insertable, but have a full face MC for story progression/non-H scenes?
I think that's a good choice, and if that is what you have as your vision of your game, then go for it. Personally, I probably prefer everything to be 3rd person, H-scenes included - you can get more interesting angles and views of the most important part - the girl!

JoGio

Jun 19, 2018
If the main character is attractive then I prefer seeing a full body/face in CG. If the character is a generic male mc then not seeing the face is more immersive.

Reactions: Isekai Games

Origami Games

Game Developer
May 10, 2023
I do prefer visible, just because it would give us developers/DAZ users more freedom in playing our camera around than just using 1st person view all the time. To each of their own, of course. :)

Origami Games

Game Developer
May 10, 2023
For example, you can get shots like this with a visible MC. Which I personally think is pretty cool.