Unity - Iris RE Action [v0.32] [Oiran Ichimi]

1. 3.00 star(s)

molitar

I can't give this game anything more than 2.5 starts due to the slow translation going on. It takes anywhere from 2-5 seconds for the translation to show up so you have this very very slow text reading to do. Add to that this game is quite wordy you will spend a ton of time waiting to read at the pace of an elementary. English is readable still a tiny bit of poetry at times but still readable.

1. Game Play: 2/5 (text is too damn slow)
    2. Art 4/5
    3. Sound 3/5
  2. 5.00 star(s)

Marcmad

Very good and original. I really hope we see more soon.

It's very rare to play a thief character so just for that it's deserve some view.

For the gameplay, it's pretty much VN with some 2D (N-S-O-E) movement. For the combat. classic turn by turn.

I think this game have a lot of potential.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

Megazombie15

Not a lot of content yet, but all the main systems seem to be in place and working well, with the combat being extremely smooth.

Combat 5/5: Yeah this system is a banger. It is the best turn based RPG on this website when we talk about flow. The animations are quick, combat is quick and it's impactful what choices you make in a combat encounter.

You can spend MP to empower your attacks or to react to an enemy attack by dodging or counterattacking, meaning you do not want to nuke all your MP at the start. Good stuff.

Clothing Damage 5/5: Yep it's here and the H scenes are all different depending on your clothing level. That's effort.

Battle Fuck 4/5: Pretty good, goes well with the clothing damage but it can act as a janky stun effect that deals damage per turn, prefer if I can see the scene without taking HP damage so that I do not need to reload a save for efficient gameplay.

Art/Animations 5/5: Very good use of layering 2d images and vfx's. The main character is cute and the animations are buttery smooth. Expected nothing else from the dev that made the original Iris Action.

Music-Sound 4/5: Sound effects are ok but the soundtrack slaps for what it is.

The game seems to go for a crafting system where you need to find ingredients. Can be cool if it is not grindy, so I cannot comment on it now.

Overall, very good. Will likely rate it a 5/5 in the future.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

KucingNew

[v0.32] trial version

Its good game for trial version and i like it because there are several factors:
    1. Clothing Durability System (if possible add a system of changing clothes so that it varies)
    2. Battle System (realistic attack, defense and dodge system)
    3. Battle Rape (The chance to stand depends on the amount of HP and MP, can elevate the fight intensely and calculatingly)
    4. Best Art and Animation (like realistic for 2D)

Bad Factors:
    1. No Auto Save system for Unity Game (lose in battle = game over, sad for game lovers who play long time)
  5. 5.00 star(s)

kamapalutza

Review for [v0.32]

This game amazed me. Combat system is pretty fun and well done. Cloth system and h-content is well applied to the game as well. Animations and buffs/debuffs looks great. This was a short demo that introduced me to the beginning of the story and the characters and it was enough for me to love this game. I haven't encountered anything that would annoy me except for the one time game over that I had in back alley losing to a thug. I hope they can remove game overs after defeat scene.

I'm definitely looking forward to this game's future updates.

Verdict: 5/5. Once cooked, this game is my new pizza to enjoy.
  6. 3.00 star(s)

Nebukhanezzar

Pretty great foundation for an RPG. The VN parts are very standard, but don't overstay their welcome that much. The combat is good, with a lot of options at any given moment.

The game isn't nearly hard enough though and I would appreciate it if enemies were more aggressive and tried to knock down the player more often.
  7. 2.00 star(s)

Fidzius

[v0.32]

What a waste of effort- The game has lots of quality features that end up not mattering. The fame shows it doesn't want to be a game and forces it's own narrative and choices like an aggressive story book.

Has setting for both battle and ero difficulty (whatever that might mean?), and yet the tutorial shows that it is entirely rigged- it has you uselessly move to a specific and single available location through repetitive 'interactive' menu action (it's the only thing you can do to progress) and forces an impossible fight since the random goon you encounter keeps bringing up more goons until you eventually run out of resources. It Ignores any choice you made for a forced loss... That just shows the developers are scared of player choices, while pretending to enable them. Additionally, lore-wise for a thief with lock-picking skills, taking work in a slum for some rando with a criminal record, not running away (because the menu says no) and has to lose, makes no sense and shows that the set-up story is thoughtless and forced.
    To add to the annoyance, the last place where you can save is before lock-picking event (which is luck based, even with very skilled timing, spamming it ends up faster) then there's story dialogue and then a rigged fight that looks winnable at first, and since combat is also chance based, optimizing moves and luck can lead to multiple attempts to win. But you can't, since instead of playing the game, the game plays you.
    • Art is great all around
    • Sounds are good, not repetitive, loud or generic
    • Gameplay is heavily chance based:
      with chances for evading, dodging, missing, knocking and getting knocked down, taking clothing damage and for what type of clothing, not to mention cases of random timing based events
    • There is a clothing system with durability, multiple layers and possible customization
    • Story set-up is dumb, making the protagonist feel entirely unprepared and naïve.

And it's all wasted for a static story masquerading as a game, that gives the illusion of choice.

Might as well include tags for: adventure, male domination, humiliation.