Is F95ZONE the biggest and most active english adult vn forum website?

Advent Games

Living Together! with Imouto
Game Developer
Jun 6, 2023
Maybe. It is the lewdest, most depraved one, though! That counts for something.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: DuniX

lolzorzs

Mar 11, 2024
Doubtful. This forum moves like molasses compared to stuff like Twitter, Reddit, 4chan, which for the tryhard elitists aren't forums, but still count as messageboards.

Nadekai

Aug 18, 2021
Doubtful. This forum moves like molasses compared to stuff like Twitter, Reddit, 4chan, which for the tryhard elitists aren't forums, but still count as messageboards.
... Neither of those are Adult VN websites...
... In that case you should've been including Itch.io or even steam and gog...

Reactions: AhrimanH

chainedpanda

Jun 26, 2017
The term "forum" is extremely specific tbh, by using the term "Forum", than F95 is absolutely the largest site. However, there are several larger sites, but I wouldn't call them "forums", and most of them don't specialize in adult games in anyway, just allows them to exist.

chainedpanda

Jun 26, 2017
there’s rules?
I assume they are hinting at age content, but the amount of age content that isn't allowed here is actually really small despite the people who cry about it.

However, there are some other things that aren't hosted here either:

Mainstream games, even if they have prominent adult modding communities like Bethesda games or the Sims.
Non translated Japanese games.
Online only, or DRM shovelware
Unimportant flash games

And a few others I likely can't remember. It may not seem like much, but there's prob hundreds of games that don't get posted here. Mostly because no one cares, or there's worry about legal action.

Reactions: mushroom34

ImariKurumi

Nov 21, 2022
Personally i feel f95 is the biggest and most active english AVN hub. Disregarding 4chan, reddit etc.

However it pales in comparison to those Hentai Game hubs, at least those in the past i worked with. I used to be an uploader for a H-Games, Hentai, Anime forum and distro in the mIRC in my college days before i was shipped of to the army and dropped the hobby, they were way bigger than f95. To be fair, the genre was an underground scene so everyone flocks to the same sources cos there's no others.
And yes, i differentiate AVN from H-Games/JapVN cos the latter is a defining genre of its own despite it being japanese(non-international) and was in the market with a huge international following way before english AVNs were mainstream.

I recently got back into the hobby, well not recently, its been 2 years and its specifically for eng AVNs, not the jap or jap inspired ones. Haven't found a website that rivals f95. That said, f95 has some pretty strict rules, understandably, so you'd have to scour the web for other stuff you want.

peterppp

Mar 5, 2020
Personally i feel f95 is the biggest and most active english AVN hub. Disregarding 4chan, reddit etc.

However it pales in comparison to those Hentai Game hubs, at least those in the past i worked with. I used to be an uploader for a H-Games, Hentai, Anime forum and distro in the mIRC in my college days before i was shipped of to the army and dropped the hobby, they were way bigger than f95. To be fair, the genre was an underground scene so everyone flocks to the same sources cos there's no others.
And yes, i differentiate AVN from H-Games/JapVN cos the latter is a defining genre of its own despite it being japanese(non-international) and was in the market with a huge international following way before english AVNs were mainstream.

I recently got back into the hobby, well not recently, its been 2 years and its specifically for eng AVNs, not the jap or jap inspired ones. Haven't found a website that rivals f95. That said, f95 has some pretty strict rules, understandably, so you'd have to scour the web for other stuff you want.
by what metric were you bigger? did you have 7 million users?

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
by what metric were you bigger? did you have 7 million users?
More than the number of users, there's the traffic... It's obviously relative, because only local measures can give an exact value, but an estimate of is more than honorable.

Another element that say a lot, is the financial viability of the forum. There's 30 servers behind it, and the expenses are funded by just a small ads banner, that many users will never see because they use an ads blocker. As Sam once said, years ago, the forum stats are good enough to permit them to close an interesting deal on that side ; donors are just a cherry on the cake.

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
the discord is pretty dead though
Not true, F95Zone Discord is very much active. Lobby is where most of its activity is, and people type there pretty regularly, at any time of the day.

As for whatever F95Zone is the biggest adult forum, while I don't have the statistics, I can share my personal experience by saying that it's one of with the most user activity. Years ago, I tried to share my first adult game, and while most other forums had 0 replies, I was left speechless by how many replies I got here. I loved it, and sticked with this community ever since.

lolzorzs

Mar 11, 2024
Not true, F95Zone Discord is very much active. Lobby is where most of its activity is, and people type there pretty regularly, at any time of the day.

As for whatever F95Zone is the biggest adult forum, while I don't have the statistics, I can share my personal experience by saying that it's one of with the most user activity. Years ago, I tried to share my first adult game, and while most other forums had 0 replies, I was left speechless by how many replies I got here. I loved it, and sticked with this community ever since.
Big fish in a small pond syndrome.