Others Is it possible to change RPGM games save location?

Duke9668

Jan 10, 2021
I typically uninstall games after completing their available content. However, I sometimes forget to back up my saves, forcing me to either find save files here or, worse, replay the game if I haven't finished the latest update.

Penumbral Evanescence

|☽◯☾| Somnium of the Night ✧ Bête Noire
Donor
Jul 16, 2021
I typically uninstall games after completing their available content. However, I sometimes forget to back up my saves, forcing me to either find save files here or, worse, replay the game if I haven't finished the latest update.
I think you might need to modify some plugin variables to achieve that. Check out the to see if the proposed resolution works for you or not. You might need to create an RPG Maker account to access the required plugin to modify the RPGM save file location path.

Surgy

Modder
Apr 23, 2018
I have a plugin that changes the save directory of RPG Maker MV games.
Unless configured with Save Directory in plugins.js it's %USERPROFILE%/Saved Games/<System.json's gameTitle>/save/ by default.
(Which corresponds to the game titled folder in My Documents\Saved Games on Windows that persists between game installations.)
To install unpack the archive into the game root directory (with Game.exe) and add this line to www\js\plugins.js before the last ];:
JavaScript:
,{"name": "RoamingSavePath", "status": true, "description": "Sets custom save directory instead of www/save", "parameters": {"Save Directory": null}}
or run unpacked add_plugin.cmd.

Last edited:

Penumbral Evanescence

|☽◯☾| Somnium of the Night ✧ Bête Noire
Donor
Jul 16, 2021
I have a plugin that changes the save directory of RPG Maker MV games.
Unless configured with Save Directory in plugins.js it's %USERPROFILE%/Saved Games/<System.json's gameTitle>/save/ by default.
To install unpack the archive into the game root directory (with Game.exe) and add this line to www\js\plugins.js before the last ];:
JavaScript:
,{"name":"RoamingSavePath","status":true,"description":"Save directory to user specified instead of www/save","parameters":{}}
or run unpacked add_plugin.cmd.
Ah nice, thanks for sharing the plugin script. Good to know that we have some prepackaged script tools already developed by some modders on F95 (y)