is it possible to make 20GB+ size RPGM ?

Lyathlas

Apr 23, 2021
I can't tell for sure, but i think there's nothing that stops you unless you are using some version for steam (saving your data in the cloud that is limited), the only thing that stops you is just the amount of common events, items, variables etc, (for example, the limit for the number of max items in the game is 999 in rpg maker VX Ace) but if you manage to avoid flooding your game with those things you should be fine since there are no restrictions for space in general to my knowledge. Somebody corrects me if i'm wrong.

Reactions: XoXeXa

fidless

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 22, 2018
I can't tell for sure, but i think there's nothing that stops you unless you are using some version for steam (saving your data in the cloud that is limited), the only thing that stops you is just the amount of common events, items, variables etc, (for example, the limit for the number of max items in the game is 999 in rpg maker VX Ace) but if you manage to avoid flooding your game with those things you should be fine since there are no restrictions for space in general to my knowledge. Somebody corrects me if i'm wrong.
It's not limited. You can edit the script to increase value.
Map value is 999 though. There's a trick to increase it, but it is troublesome.
Though not sure why anyone need that much.

Lyathlas

Apr 23, 2021
It's not limited. You can edit the script to increase value.
Map value is 999 though. There's a trick to increase it, but it is troublesome.
Though not sure why anyone need that much.
Oh, on the rpg maker forums i saw that people were talking about things like that, but i'm no expert on that matter.