Is there a way to edit dialogue in a Unity game?

allanl9020142

Aug 23, 2018
I don't want to change the story or anything like that. I don't even want to use cheats. I just very badly want to proofread this one game for my own sanity. It's just something I'd want to use for myself.

How would I go about accessing the game's dialogue and editing things?

I have zero knowledge on game dev but I can try to just look up whatever you throw at me.

My bad, I found a tutorial. I think I got what I need. I just have no clue how to delete a thread I posted.

Last edited:
Reactions: Saki_Sliz

allanl9020142

Aug 23, 2018
After looking at it, it's not going to help me exactly with what I need. It just gave me a clearer idea. It's just one of the tutorials on this site, "Working with Unity" or something along those lines. I can still copy the link here if it's more convenient. I really don't think this can help anyone that much but I'm happy to share what I found if it somehow does help someone.

However, I did a google search at one point and found something on reddit that might be useful for someone but it doesn't say too much.

It pretty much addresses what I'm trying to do but it doesn't go in-depth. I also think the OP was trying to edit the dialogue for entirely different reasons lol.

allanl9020142

Aug 23, 2018
At any rate, I'll try to figure this out and if I find a solution I'll post it here.
Although, not too sure. I got the text files but there's over a thousand individual files ... so yea.

DiviDreamer

Aug 29, 2020
Nah, I doubt it's possible. You need fully decompile C# sources edit them and compile once again.
All steps is huge pain in da ass.

lobotomist

Sep 4, 2017
try using ink or yarn there are pluggins for both i recommend yarn spinner which was developed for "a night in the woods"

allanl9020142

Aug 23, 2018
try using ink or yarn there are pluggins for both i recommend yarn spinner which was developed for "a night in the woods"
Thank you. I'm not entirely sure YarnSpinner is exactly what I'm looking for just based on the short overview I read but I'll actually take a look at it when I have time.
Also, I'm not sure I found the "ink" you were referring to. Multiple things came up in the search. Are there some details you could give about it to help whittle down the search?