Daz Is there a way to transfer posing morphs from one clothing item to another?

Synx

Jul 30, 2018
I highly doubt it. My DAZ knowledge is a bit limited, but in general Morphs are made by moving the vertices of a mesh into a new position, and saving it as coordinate displacrment (like vertice 1 moves up 10 pixels, and 5 to the left, vertice 2 moves up 15, and 5 to the right et.). Unless your clothing item has the exact same vertices lay-out as the undress posing set, the Morphs won't know what to do since the vertices of your clothing item don't match with the vertices information inside the Morphs.

Character Morphs are all mostly interchangable since they all started from the same baze mesh (The genesis models), but this isn't the case for clothing. So yeah unless your clothing piece is almost identical the Morphs won't worm.

simarimas

Dev FitB Games
Game Developer
Oct 1, 2018
You might try it with Fit Control, which applies morphs to clothing. I use it for my undress scenes. Save those morphs after you position your clothing, apply fit control to next clothing and load those morphs. I haven't tried this, so no idea if or how well it would work, but might be worth a try.

Reactions: Innocent Chloe

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
I highly doubt it.
Yet it seem possible. I haven't tested this (still far to have the level to need it), but many sources say that it's possible through the transfer utility. There's also the morph loaders that should perhaps permit this. But, as you explained, the meshes needs to be similar for this to give satisfying results. What mean that there's more chance of success if it's similar clothing pieces made by the same person, since they can possibly rely on the same meshes tweaked differently, but still the result isn't guaranty even in this case.

Both the transfer utility and morph loaders can be opened through the scene panel option menu. Right click on the tab name ("scene") and you'll find them under the "assets" section.

Reactions: Innocent Chloe

Innocent Chloe

Jul 23, 2017
Yet it seem possible. I haven't tested this (still far to have the level to need it), but many sources say that it's possible through the transfer utility. There's also the morph loaders that should perhaps permit this. But, as you explained, the meshes needs to be similar for this to give satisfying results. What mean that there's more chance of success if it's similar clothing pieces made by the same person, since they can possibly rely on the same meshes tweaked differently, but still the result isn't guaranty even in this case.

Both the transfer utility and morph loaders can be opened through the scene panel option menu. Right click on the tab name ("scene") and you'll find them under the "assets" section.
Thanks! Transfer utility worked for me

If anyone else comes across this, my items are both very similar shape despite being done by different devs so I was just lucky in that aspect. I did also have to go to Edit - Geometry - Convert to SubD on the clothing item after doing the transfer utility on it as the item with the morphs had SubD setup on it already while the item my character was wearing was not.

Here are the two results;
The item with the pre-set morphs I wanted to match
1664808397161.png

The clothing item that I was using that did not have the pre-set morphs, after using transfer utility and SubD
1664808413744.png

There are a few vertices that have gone wrong but with some tweaking I think I can get them resolved either through the collision calculations or through the SubD number.

Thanks for the help!

Reactions: anne O'nymous