Is this G8 male good enough for the MC role?

Redhunter357

Mar 29, 2019
I understand that people here usually don't give a shit about how MC looks in a game as long as they get to see beautiful ladies with large knockers, but still, I would like to do my best when choosing a MC for my game, and I'd like to get your opinion on the matter.

Candidate num 1 : zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.jpg zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.jpg zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.jpg

He looks handsome, and he has this cunning look to him.

Candidate num 2: zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.jpg zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.jpg zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.jpg

The guy looks okay, but he reminds me of a school bully rather than a protagonist. I'm not sure how well he'd fit into the role of the MC.

Candidate num 3:
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.jpg zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.jpg

He looks good-looking enough, and the guy also has a kind of innocent look to him as a bonus, but the problem is his skin tone; it's too reddish, IMO. I don't know if it's just me, but his skin color looks a bit off.

Candidate num 4 :
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.jpg zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.jpg zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.jpg
Here comes the pretty boy; he looks cute and reminds you of a 'landlady's boy', and he's perfect for my game's protagonist role. What do you think?

Final candidate 5:

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.jpg zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.jpg

He is handsome and mature-looking, but I'm not certain how appropriate it is to put him in the role of a college guy staying with his landlady and roommates; he's more like someone who is 22–25 and doing a job.

So what is your opinion about this? Which guy do you think is better-looking? And suited to the role of a college kid living with his family?

Once again, I perfectly get that the male MC is not as important as the female cast (especially the landlady), but again, I'm just asking.

Thank you very much for taking your time on this.

Last edited:

HawkyDawky

Mar 18, 2019
#1 is ok. The others one are "déja vu".
Your renders seems to be great.
Can you just change the hairs ?
Really, none want to have it

Reactions: Redhunter357

Synx

Jul 30, 2018
1. is alright, but the narrow eyes give him a bit of a bad boy vipe. Dont know if thats what your going for.
2. would properly by my choice. He looks the most innocent, dont know why your saying he looks more like a bully.
3. Redish skin can easily be changed, but not a fan of the face structure on this one.
4. Looks more like a tomboy than a man.
5. Looks fine to me age wise.

I would prob try to combine 2 with 5, maybe put in a dash of 1 if you want him to be less innocent.

And agree with the other guy change the hair.

Nicke

Game Developer
Jul 2, 2017
I think 2. looks the best.

4. Looks like a chick, put perky little tits on it and I'd tap it.

79flavors

Respected User
Jun 14, 2018
#1 looks more like "shifty friend" than MC to me.
#2 is the same MC I've seen in dozens of games.
#3 suffers from uncanny valley. Almost, but not quite human.
#4 look a little effeminate (I'm reminded of the Lithium comics MC(s) models).
#5 looks more like an older brother.

I think either #3 or #4 could work, but would need tweaking. #4 perhaps the eyes and eyebrows. #3 - I'm struggling to see what I perceive as "off", except perhaps what you said about the skin. #5 could work, but I think you'd need to introduce him to the player within a college setting to push home his age. Get the player thinking of him being younger right out the gate. Of course, not wearing a wife beater vest would help too.

Edit: Overall, I prefer #4.

Last edited:

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
It really depends on how much your MC is being shown, the context he's being shown in, and the type of character he is. Personally? I'm feeling #1. It has a good bit of personality to it, that he's more than just the boy next door than you see in a third of the games that aren't fully POV. Maybe your story goes into his past some, so it's hard to say if he has a past or not, but he's got a look that can add to the story if you so choose.

Speaking as someone who shifts between first-person and third-person, my MC shows his face (excluding the first release, which is only half-faced.) shows his face a fair bit. And if I was going to be doing that, then I wanted something that looked unique, but fairly relatable (as much as an athlete with sleeves can be, at least.) at the same time. He's a cocky/arrogant athlete, so having athletic/fit physique and tattoos tends to fit him. Instead of using his facial structure to imply maturity, I tend to think facial hair does a better job of making someone look older without looking old.

mclroom13.png mcmrd41.png

He's been referred to as hot a few times, which is good enough for me. Especially seeing how much shit a lot of other devs take for their MC's appearance.

Impious Monk

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2021
I disagree that the MC's look isn't as important as the women's. I think it's overlooked by many devs, but it can make a big, big impact on the story. I spent dozens of hours doing test renders and tweaking my MC until he had just the right look I wanted. What's most important is that the model's look matches his character.

Without knowing your character's personality/character, I couldn't tell you which of these five is best. The fact that you haven't really described his character at all suggests that you may not have actually fleshed this out. All you've done is told us he's a college kid in a landlady/roommate game.

Do you have a story yet? What does your MC do in the story? What character attributes are important for your MC? Should he convey strength and confidence? Should he be a relatable everyman? Is he a sneaker/peeper? Is he a braniac, an athlete, a live-by-your-wits type? Fleshing out his personality will help you decide what he should look like.

One comment about the eyes: Although I'm not seeing them up close, it looks like you are using sub-par eye assets. I would swap them out for high quality eyes from an asset creator like Mousso. Many, many impactful renders are brought down by cheap/unrealistic eye assets.

Good luck with your game!

Sep 16, 2023
Number 4 is probably the best I think but yeah the hair is meh. Number 3 is the same model used in College Kings for sure.
Maybe a poll would be handy for a visual overall idea. Good luck regardless.

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
One comment about the eyes: Although I'm not seeing them up close, it looks like you are using sub-par eye assets. I would swap them out for high quality eyes from an asset creator like Mousso. Many, many impactful renders are brought down by cheap/unrealistic eye assets.
Agreed. Grabbing basically anything from the Daz Originals line would go much further. Mousso and Raiya are particular favorites of mine.

Redhunter357

Mar 29, 2019
I disagree that the MC's look isn't as important as the women's. I think it's overlooked by many devs, but it can make a big, big impact on the story. I spent dozens of hours doing test renders and tweaking my MC until he had just the right look I wanted. What's most important is that the model's look matches his character.

Without knowing your character's personality/character, I couldn't tell you which of these five is best. The fact that you haven't really described his character at all suggests that you may not have actually fleshed this out. All you've done is told us he's a college kid in a landlady/roommate game.

Do you have a story yet? What does your MC do in the story? What character attributes are important for your MC? Should he convey strength and confidence? Should he be a relatable everyman? Is he a sneaker/peeper? Is he a braniac, an athlete, a live-by-your-wits type? Fleshing out his personality will help you decide what he should look like.

Good luck with your game!
Thanks for the idea. I was aware that Mousso makes some of the better-looking female models, but I didn't think his eye assets were considered top-notch.

Last edited:
Reactions: Impious Monk

Redhunter357

Mar 29, 2019
#1 is ok. The others one are "déja vu".
Your renders seems to be great.
Can you just change the hairs ?
Really, none want to have it
Hello there, Could you please take a look at these hair styles and tell me which one you think suits this G8 male the best, if that's not a bother to you?

2a.jpg 2b.jpg 1a

3a.jpg 3b.jpg 1b

4a.jpg 4b.jpg 1c

5a.jpg 5b.jpg 1d

6a.jpg 6b.jpg 1e

7a.jpg 7b.jpg 1f

8a.jpg 8b.jpg 1g

Thank you very much for your helpful feedback.

Last edited:

HawkyDawky

Mar 18, 2019
Hello there, Could you please take a look at these hair styles and tell me which one you think suited this G8 male the best, if that's not a bother to you?

View attachment 2947994 View attachment 2947996 1a

View attachment 2947997 View attachment 2948001 1b

View attachment 2948005 View attachment 2948006 1c

View attachment 2948026 View attachment 2948028 1d

View attachment 2948033 View attachment 2948034 1e

View attachment 2948039 View attachment 2948044 1f

View attachment 2948045 View attachment 2948049 1g

Anyone of them except the first you have taken in your first work, which look like a wedding cake near a nuclear blast...
I don't know why this fucking hair style is so popular in renders.

• Haha

HawkyDawky

Mar 18, 2019
Hello there, Could you please take a look at these hair styles and tell me which one you think suits this G8 male the best, if that's not a bother to you?

View attachment 2947994 View attachment 2947996 1a

View attachment 2947997 View attachment 2948001 1b

View attachment 2948005 View attachment 2948006 1c

View attachment 2948026 View attachment 2948028 1d

View attachment 2948033 View attachment 2948034 1e

View attachment 2948039 View attachment 2948044 1f

View attachment 2948045 View attachment 2948049 1g

Look, all depand of the context of your story.
When it's in the past (medfan for example) I think 1a or 1g are matching.
When it's less in the past like victorian or steampunk period, 1f can be also match.
The 1b 1c 1d 1e IMHO are for a present period or near present period

Sorry for my english who sucks...

Redhunter357

Mar 29, 2019
Look, all depand of the context of your story.
When it's in the past (medfan for example) I think 1a or 1g are matching.
When it's less in the past like victorian or steampunk period, 1f can be also match.
The 1b 1c 1d 1e IMHO are for a present period or near present period

Sorry for my english who sucks...
Couldn't agree with you more. That was the perfect clarification .

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
I can't decide which one is better because I really dislike his haircut and it systematically get my attention over the rest.
It's of course a question of personal choice, but it have this, "I want to be different but lack of imagination, so I'll get the same haircut than all those boys who want to be different but also lack of imagination", vibe.

• Haha
Reactions: HawkyDawky