VN - Unity - Completed - Isolenta [v28092020] [SmoleVN]

1. 5.00 star(s)

Prince Vevit

I was hesitant to like this game at first, since the cyrillic bled into the text boxes, and the original presentation wasn't super great, but I'm glad I got over it.
    The game is about a man living in a cyberpunk-esque future with neural implants, who gets a virus that is infecting a large portion of the population during a sort of mission he is on. After the mission failure, he makes a beeline to a girl named Lena's apartment, who he has a complicated, semi-abusive "I use you and leave, only to come around again if I need to use you again" kind of relationship with. The game sees you requesting what is essentially a data backup from her, since the MC uses her as a sort of restore point.
    The meat of the game involves being unable to speak or move in bed, and exploring the MC's thought process, with 3 different options effecting his mental state. They lead to a "Sex" Ending, which seems extremely happy but perhaps false, A "Paranoia" Ending, where the MC does some pretty awful things because he imagines negative traits onto Lena, and a, what I'm gonna call a "True" ending that is very bittersweet, but has the best longterm benefit to Lena.

While the translation can be iffy at some points, the writing is very good, if sometimes too verbose, and tells an extremely compelling narrative of the nature of abuse. Paired alongside the good story, the art is AMAZING. The character design is good all around, and all the animations are fantastic, particularly the two POV animations.

I do recommend playing for the thought provoking narrative and the gorgeous art, despite the rough quirks of the translation and game engine. The game is short, maybe an hour in total, even when going for the 3 main endings, and there are a few extra goodies in the gallery.
  2. 1.00 star(s)

xXxTRIBUTExXx

Cannot even start a game without paying something on Patreon. I believe in supporting games like anyone else but pay just to even play is for like Steam or some other site. Deleted it off my puter in less than 5 minutes after downloading...