[R>Translator] Paid Japanese to English translator

RedEye781

Dec 15, 2019
Hello, I'm looking for a Japanese translator to help me work on a VN.

The pay is 20$ for this project and the amount is 4500-4700 lines.

The deadline is a month from now.

You don't have to be fluent in Japanese, but please don't contact me if all you can do is put the text on DeepL or Chatgpt. At the very least you should be able to read a reasonable amount or be willing to put every line into a dictionary to figure out what's being said.

You don't need to do anything but the translation, I'll be doing the rest of the work.

If you're good enough I might even take you on as a partner to help me through future projects with better pay.

You can contact me through Discord redeye781 or just join my server and PM me that way.

Last edited:

Shikharisfree

Game Developer
Feb 2, 2022
Pay 20 $

5000 lines

PLEASE BE ABLE TO PUT EFFORT ANR READ IT .

I don't mean to be a cunt here amigo but.. yikes.

But that said i hope you find someone that's native or helps you.

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
$20? Woof. Don't think anyone's going to bite on that. I hope someone's not desperate enough for some extra change to do this.

Amateur translators usually charge that for an hour. Professionals are usually 15 to 20 cents per word, so an amateur usually starts anywhere from 7 to 10-ish cents per word. Even on F95, I wouldn't be taking anything less than a few hundred dollars. Realistically, you're looking at $700-ish for someone that's acceptable/competent.

• Haha
Reactions: Shikharisfree

RedEye781

Dec 15, 2019
Yeah, I don't know what kind of price you think I'm selling my patches for but it's 10-20$ not 70$ with DLC you two are game devs so I think our perspectives are different.

and when I say 4500 lines I don't mean full English sentences some of them are just one Japanese word.

I didn't ask for a JLPT of N1 I just want someone who isn't gonna put it in ChatGPT and call it a day.