Ren'Py - Jen's Dilemma [Ch. 2 v6] [SerialNumberComics]

1. 1.00 star(s)

Hyperserver

How to get 200 characters? - as it's not worth more than that.

The renders are kind of decent, but that's all.
    I always think it can't be worse than some games before, but there's always a game which is on top.
    The grind over here is hillarous and not even rewarding at all.
    You don't know where you are at your stats as all are hidden. I dived into the code...
    ... and no - really no ..... i don't do THAT grind for nothing
  2. 1.00 star(s)

Avaron1974

I thought the dev might have learnt something after people told him his last abomination of a game was too grindy but this, this is worse.

Only 2 words came to mind while I was "playing" this and those are fucking boring. A game full of sex scenes with some quite decent looking character models and I was bored.

Here's why.

Story is practically none existant. You spend most of your time grinding either relationship, corruption or whatever point for that monotonous grind to be broken up by a couple of minutes of scene then grind it out again.

You do the same shit over and over and over again waiting for something to happen with characters that aren't even likeable in any way.

It's just so fucking boring.
  3. 2.00 star(s)

amBest

Painfully disappointing is the best way I can sum this up.
    • The art is there
    • The scenarios are there
    • The family dynamic is there
    • The conflict is there
    • Personality is barebones but workable
    • The kinky situations slowly gorw into something extraordinarily hot
    • The models are awesome
    There's a lot in place. It's like a chessboard that's already set up for victory. You've already won, but you still have to do the moves because your oponent doesn't even know he has already lost.

But instead of simply proceeding to win the game, you instead take a cyanide pill, pull down your pants, moon the judge and piss all over the chessboard.

The game is PAINFULLY repetitive and grindy. Progression is horendously bad. The code is disgustingly bad. Unmaintainable junk.

To give you an idea of how bad the grind is. You have a hidden stat of "exercise" that periodically drops. You don't know where you're at. You get ONE POINT by exercising and there's a check for A FUCKING HUNDRED POINTS. There's no gameplay related to this. It triggers no scens. You just have to click on the button several hundred times (because it periodically drops).

Same with sis domination. You have 2, maybe 3 events a day. They reward a single point. You need 20 at the minimum and even 100 at some point.

--------------------------

If all of that weren't bad enough, the game is lazy. The ui is full on 100% amateur hour. Coulnd't even be bothered to resize the navigation images.

IF THAT WEREN'T ENOUGH, the game has no narative glue. There is nothing linking these events. It's a cliff notes depiction of what's happening. All the meaningful character building dialog is skipped. Had it been skipped for incestuous 12-somes, I would be completely okay with that. But no. It's skipped out of pure lazyness and not caring.

At some point there's a "subplot", I use that term in almost a parody of what's going on. WHERE NO ONE ASKS YOU TO BUILD A SITE. You just decide to. Because the text where you were asked to, or thought this was a good idea ... is kinda missing.

Pointless meandering about. Like a headless chicken. Because there is almost no feedback on what's happeing and where you are. You just click and click and click, hoping to trigger events. But you'll get stuck because some events have conditions like: "buff over 100, and mom likes you over 200, and mom bj > 2 and day 7 and full moon and flip a cpoin - and if all ture then scene" - more or less.

This game, made by someone else, could be a masterpiece. Instead we have wasted art.
  4. 1.00 star(s)

DarkDemon

Renders are fine. That's about it really.

Horrible game play.
    The sandbox and all the grinding is really annoying.
    You spend hours of clicking meaninglessly through sandbox to get one scene and then repeat the grind for another hour.
    Its a complete waste of time.
  5. 4.00 star(s)

szabon

I kind of like the the story and assets in this game.
    As in other previous SerialNumberComics's I miss a bit having the clues available in a more clear manner and the understanding on the end of the version. Sometimes it can be a bit confusing, but overall it is okay. This is one of those that you can end up spending hours and hours exploring it.
  6. 1.00 star(s)

Deleted member 3452155

Well, what about this recycled thing?
    Same grind as usual. As the developer doesn't have the imagination to create a good story (see other games of his), he keeps this thing repeated to the extreme, ending any desire to play.
    Animations in the same pattern (not even in this he progressed), lots of pixelated images.
    Taking advantage of characters from previous games, very confusing game.
    I would give 0 stars, but it doesn't have that option.
  7. 1.00 star(s)

Jake2000

Don't bother playing this game. Because it's unplayable. Only way you can play this game is if any modder made a mod that provides hints/walkthrough system. Unfortunately, currently there is no mod available like that. But, if I see any mods in the future I will update my review and post the modder's mod link. Until then, just wait.
  8. 1.00 star(s)

RancerSama

Like Foot of the Mountains it is horrible from the mediocre graphics and history but that is the beginning we have the same gameplay as Foot of the Mountains so basically it is grindy an atrocity I do not know what you intend to achieve with such a mediocre job accomplished.
  9. 2.00 star(s)

jan.spam

I guess 2 stars is all I can give atm. Just like the first game from the Dev, you are clicking your way through repeating scenes, with no idea what the hell you are supposed to do, next. the in-game tips are sparse and mostly useless, and so far nobody has figured a way to write a condensed walkthrough/guide.

It seems that game is looking for a set of variables to be reached for each new scene to initiate and if you are somehow missing one then you can replay the game until eternity without progressing.

The story itself is not original, you are the typical beta-male with a comically large dick trying to corrupt your NOTfamily. Thankfully, the Dev this time skipped the over-story which he under-developed so poorly last time it was painful.

The reason I do give the game some stars is that the scenes are mostly nice, and some renders are incredibly beautiful. I also like that the fan favorite character from the last game, Melinda, gets a role in this game too, and I am looking forward to this part.

Conclusion: play only if you have a lot of time to burn and you can tolerate not knowing what even to do, next..
  10. 1.00 star(s)

Jnx

Wowie it's been a minute since I've reviewed a game. This one finally made it to "Month 7 of taking peoples money" so here goes...

Do you like repeating the same task over and over and not knowing if it's benefitting you in the slightest? Or what about moving from one room to another and it taking an hour of in game time away from you? Maybe you like being a completely useless character and being told you're the main character.. Either way if you like any of that, this is the game for you. The last game by this guy he gave up on right as it was about to actually have anything interesting happen. And all that to go to this, an even more dumbed down version of the same game. This game was started way after the IC crackdown at patreon but all the variables are mom and sister related so, you know... Smooth. But still grind away at your love/corruption cookie clicking tasks all to amount to I dont know. My mind glazed over for an hour or two and nothing happened. If end game is good I doubt I'll really know.

The renders are practically all just ambient lighting with nothing amazing and the most expressive I've seen someone is your character literally chucks a carton of milk at NOTmoms head and she has milk in one eye and is angry in the other. If anyone is out there about to start making a game, use this as what not to do. If you need grinding in your game at least get some sort of incremental payoff. Because this is just boredom with extra steps...
  11. 5.00 star(s)

Lukumoide

It's a fantastic game, especially the new update Jens Dilemma -7.0 has a perfect difficulty level. It's very enjoyable to play, it's now very easy to earn money because MC can now work every day at Daniel's, so no one will have problems to get enough money to buy everything. The new update Jens Dilemma - 8.0, is very hot, I think everyone would love it. Just like before, it's all easy to unlock. Personally, I would have liked it to not be so easy.
  12. 1.00 star(s)

DansProphet

The renders are average. The plot is bear boned and is hidden by a terrible and repetitive excuse of a free roam mode, which makes the entire experience an unfulfilling grindfest. Add to that a lack of a soundtrack and of likeable characters and you have a recipe for a frustrating gaming experience.
  13. 1.00 star(s)

Cardinal_Sin

So is why some people dislike sandbox games? I only played a few including this one and boy does it feel like a chore. Upon searching about this Dev I found shockingly all of his games are like this. Here's what I found wrong or didn't like:

* The gameplay is really tasking and I'm not a fan of doing the same thing over and over again that's insane.

*I don't like the main character at all he seems like a giant dweeb. I got the hint that he's some kind of a smart pants whiz, but he acts like a moron.

*The characters are so-so. The Mom or whoever she is seems to act like bitchy all the time, the Sister or whoever she's supposed to be acts like she doesn't wanna be bothered with the main character also.

*There seems to be vouyer stuff I don't know if the dweeb gets any action himself, probably not but he sure likes to watch.

*The Renders are so--so as well, not bad or anything but I'm not impressed either. They're mediocre compared to what I've seen.

*Not much of a interesting story either.

This game was very bland to me not to mention the patience one must obtain to constantly click on things over and over again for minimum reward. I wouldn't recommend this at all.
  14. 1.00 star(s)

Spirit Detective

1/5 stars Story

1/5 stars Gameplay

2/5 Renders

More of the same thing from this Dev, there's no growth and development in his games whatsoever. Just passable content.

Mediocre models, he's even using some from his last project but in a different role. He's also obsessed with sandbox games which are almost always bad. I give up.