VN - Ren'Py - Abandoned - Jessica's Life [CH.1] [LaRay Games]

1. 5.00 star(s)

Gr8Dumper

Great progress on the released version over on Patreaon. Not leaked here yet! (Not talking about the demo published in op here)

The new version deserves a better rating! Still early days but great potential!
    LaRay Keep going! on the right path!
  2. 4.00 star(s)

jackpeters69

Really good start. Game is very short right now but I am hoping that the author continues to the story.

Love being able to play as different characters.

Looking forward to more chapters

Would deff like to see threesomes, foursomes, and more kinky content
  3. 2.00 star(s)

Grick Rimes

the renders are great, which is why I'm giving this 0.6.1 version 2 stars instead of one.... but 0.6.1????? This is more like 0.0.0.0.0001 pre-demo proof of concept preview interactive teaser trailer.... Put more meat on the bone.... keep up the render quality.... perhaps I'll change my mind... but this is far too high of a number for 3 or 4 minutes of play time.
  4. 2.00 star(s)

GingerSweetGirl

It's hard for me to tell what the plan is for this game. In its current form (version 0.6.1) it's more of a proof of concept than even a demo. The renders are good, not special, but good enough. But as others have said, there's simply is not enough content to really judge this game. The two male characters have the exact same path, and Jessica's path isn't all that much different. I'll will say that when you play as Jessica you can see everything from her perspective, so that was a nice change of pace.

There's a good concept here, but I think the devs need to start over and build a better foundation for the concept. The game doesn't need to reinvent the wheel, but right now it is entirely forgettable.
  5. 1.00 star(s)

cvat420

Pros: Nice renders.
    Cons:
    No plot
    duplication of dialog, yes you can play as three different characters yet it is entirely the same.
    Title misleading, not so much Jessica's life but boyfriend cuck.
    Short too short under 5 minutes of "game play" which amounts to almost zero variation, i.e. plot development, all playable charters same choices with same outcome, an unnecessary duplication that only increases size of project with zero benefit to the story/game. After you get past the nice renders same story for every character......IMO unimaginative and seems kinda lazy on the developers end, just a duplication of task not a different play through of a different character, same exact play through just different assets used.
  6. 2.00 star(s)

Alea iacta est

Apart the render quality, this game is just dull.

It miss depth, meaning, it is just a sequence of decent renders one after the other.

Writing adult stories is not about renders, plot can be dull but still meaningful.

This game doesn't provide anything to the end user.
  7. 2.00 star(s)

ding000

This game is going to be a train wreck, don't get me wrong renders are decent, but the dev clearly has not thought this game trough. There is zero build up the game is like 3 minutes long and you go from 0 to 100 inviting the neighbor to flashing him and sucking his dick(depending on perspective). there is no story there.

Not only that but it starts off with 2 different paths one white guy/black guy(same path different character) and the girl path. By choosing to go with this either the game will be really short, or choiceless or the amount of work that needs to be done each update will grow exponentially.

I would say stay to one perspective, plan out a story then start developing .
  8. 2.00 star(s)

The Wicked One

Version 0.1.1

I was looking forward to this game, since the renders look fairly decent, but there is nothing here. Just the beginnings of a proof of concept. Just as the story even slightly begins, the story cuts off abruptly.
    Honestly, instead of featuring 3 playable protags, why not just focus on Jessica herself? Might make all the variables down the line a little easier to program.
    I am going to keep an eye on your game, and update my review IF it gets better down the line. In the meantime, I cannot recommend this to anyone, since there is no game here, yet.
  9. 5.00 star(s)

MayJames

Wow, so the gameplay with version 0.1.1 is about one minute. Usually that would make me angra by itself, but wow this looks great. Great visuals inc animation right away. the idea that you can choose from whos perpective you play the game ...nice. for me Jess and the BBC would be my choices. Looking forward !!!
    one word of advice. While I definetly like it when it doesnt take too long until there is any action, but you sure dont wont to give everything away the first minute.... be aware that story and atmosphere are as importand as visuals.