Ren'Py Completed Jiggly Jigsaw [v1.1.0] [Ambir]

molitar

Engaged Member
Sep 22, 2016
I want to see another jigsaw puzzle like one I played before.. it's buried in all my other games on my drive so can't find it again but it was fun.

The images were animated so each puzzle piece had a moving picture and not static it really made it fun trying to piece them together. You could choose how complex the puzzle was by how many pieces just like in real life.. from 50-500 pieces.

That game was the funnest jigsaw puzzle game I had played. focus on the edges first to even get started as it was impossible to do anything but that.. when you completed the puzzle even with 100 pieces it felt like a real accomplishment and the animated art was great.

Reactions: Ambir

circuitarity

Jul 3, 2019
To clear things up, I reused a single picture. I developped this game and the Valentine's special at the same time. I remember making this one and putting it as a main menu image for Jiggly Jigsaw as kind of a placeholder. However, I just really like it, and I think I just forgot to change it, because it looks so good...
I can change it for a new picture, although it is going to be rather sad, because it is beautiful.

As for me asking for support being cheap...
Sorry for being so late in my reply as I didn't get a notification of your response.

A) Apologies for not realizing you only reused 1 picture once as I have no interest in your games (any games with a single static image even if you undress it as you progress is generally boring and this is not just your games that opinion applies to).

B) You misunderstood the phrase "Cheesy", it is not a reference to price, it is a reference to something so improper that it becomes unbelievable as in "your pizza is so cheesy you can't even eat it" although that isn't quite right either.
Either way my reference that you asking for support for your work is retracted (again using 1 picture over again is not cheesy if you really love the picture)

In an unrelated note, I totally agree that steam would be a fantastic location to sell your games.

Ambir

Adult games developer
Game Developer
Aug 7, 2020
Sorry for being so late in my reply as I didn't get a notification of your response.

A) Apologies for not realizing you only reused 1 picture once as I have no interest in your games (any games with a single static image even if you undress it as you progress is generally boring and this is not just your games that opinion applies to).

B) You misunderstood the phrase "Cheesy", it is not a reference to price, it is a reference to something so improper that it becomes unbelievable as in "your pizza is so cheesy you can't even eat it" although that isn't quite right either.
Either way my reference that you asking for support for your work is retracted (again using 1 picture over again is not cheesy if you really love the picture)

In an unrelated note, I totally agree that steam would be a fantastic location to sell your games.
It's fine. Don't worry about any of it. I personally do agree with you that reusing images looks somewhat bad.

On a side note, the reason my games are not animated yet is that animating images can take a long time, and I also am not super confident that the animations will turn out being pretty. I was once told that it's better to do stills than to use animations, so that's why I made this choice.

I want to see another jigsaw puzzle like one I played before.. it's buried in all my other games on my drive so can't find it again but it was fun.

The images were animated so each puzzle piece had a moving picture and not static it really made it fun trying to piece them together. You could choose how complex the puzzle was by how many pieces just like in real life.. from 50-500 pieces.

That game was the funnest jigsaw puzzle game I had played. focus on the edges first to even get started as it was impossible to do anything but that.. when you completed the puzzle even with 100 pieces it felt like a real accomplishment and the animated art was great.
That sounds pretty damn hard to do. Hmmmm. I have some ideas of how I could go about doing it. I might try it when I make Jiggly Jiggsaw 2.

molitar

Engaged Member
Sep 22, 2016
It's fine. Don't worry about any of it. I personally do agree with you that reusing images looks somewhat bad.

On a side note, the reason my games are not animated yet is that animating images can take a long time, and I also am not super confident that the animations will turn out being pretty. I was once told that it's better to do stills than to use animations, so that's why I made this choice.

That sounds pretty damn hard to do. Hmmmm. I have some ideas of how I could go about doing it. I might try it when I make Jiggly Jiggsaw 2.
Would love to see it..

Reactions: Ambir

zetta216

Oct 4, 2018
Well this one ISN'T piracy since you are posting it here yourself. And its full of stolen assets so not like you can sell it on steam anyway.

Ambir

Adult games developer
Game Developer
Aug 7, 2020
Well this one ISN'T piracy since you are posting it here yourself. And its full of stolen assets so not like you can sell it on steam anyway.
And? You gonna sue me or something?
This is a piracy site. I'm simply stating that I don't support piracy despite me posting here.

KungFuKitteh2

Jun 9, 2017
Charging money for a project made with honey select/koikatsu assets has always felt weird for me. But that's just my opinion.

You certainly could try uploading to steam. God knows the steam store is rife with hentai puzzle games, so it'd fit right in. They must be raking in some amount of money if they keep getting made.

Ambir

Adult games developer
Game Developer
Aug 7, 2020
Charging money for a project made with honey select/koikatsu assets has always felt weird for me. But that's just my opinion.

You certainly could try uploading to steam. God knows the steam store is rife with hentai puzzle games, so it'd fit right in. They must be raking in some amount of money if they keep getting made.
Steam won't accept games like these because they are made with assets I technically do not own.
At the moment this game is 100% free. However I have plans for a future version with assets fully owned by me.
I've been moving toward ditching koikatsu for small games such as this ones, in the favor of other things like daz, so that I can have legitimacy to sell my games.

And, well, in the end, this project took me around 50 hours to complete, so I understand that it feels weird that I would want some money for it, but, this is a bit like going to work for a corporation for free for a week and doing 10 hours of overtime, and then being told 'you know, I feel weird that you would ask some money for this', because corpo is not satisfied with my work. Sure, this game is not the best, and the assets I used are arguably not my intelectual property, however the amount of efforts put remains the same.

Reactions: KungFuKitteh2

stuffnstuff0

Game Developer
Jul 27, 2021
What gives these games longevity and appeal is designing with the ability for the player to add their own images. Sure I could hack and mod and maybe I will, but ya know... This thread would probably be littered with people sharing images and there's no problem with who owns what assets.

Either way, good luck on the road to monetisation.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Mystic and Ambir

GenKalBall

Aug 9, 2017
I have a real issue with some of the pictures when playing on Advanced or Expert. I get stuck with like 15+ solid white pieces that is impossible to place without trying every combination. Maybe add some detail to solid surfaces or tune down the extreme bloom effect on some of them. The the pic with the Angel is a good example on the wings. Fun game otherwise!

Ambir

Adult games developer
Game Developer
Aug 7, 2020
I have a real issue with some of the pictures when playing on Advanced or Expert. I get stuck with like 15+ solid white pieces that is impossible to place without trying every combination. Maybe add some detail to solid surfaces or tune down the extreme bloom effect on some of them. The the pic with the Angel is a good example on the wings. Fun game otherwise!
Thank you.

For the time being, I'm sorry to say, but I don't plan on updating this game as I have other projects I want to focus my attention on. I'm noting this down for future troubleshooting, however it might take a while until I get to this, especially since it's hard for me to pinpoint which areas of the puzzles are troublesome.

Reactions: GenKalBall