VN - Ren'Py - Jimmy Awkward Adventures [v0.19.4] [Jimmy TheDev]

1. 5.00 star(s)

BokenSpirit

So far the game is going in a good direction. Graphics style is quite unique and very original. I loved it. The game mechanics are also quite well done. This is looking to be a very good game, if the dev continues. Nice work Dev.
  2. 1.00 star(s)

huge43

I obviously dont want to diss the self-proclaimed best game reviewer of F95 below; but sadly that review is as deluded as the game presently.

English is not the only language (although site rules specify things should be in English, with added translations provided), but this is one of the worst examples of God-awful and lazy translations I've ever seen, and as for grammatical context - forget it, Gramma died in the making of this game.

Grind? Who mentioned grind? Its an alpha early build numbered bizarely at 16-8, but lets make credit where its due, it's early - but OMFG, the EXACT same events and scenes every day already for a one scene change, is extremely bad.

Characters - Fugly doesnt begin to cover it.

Story - a pandemic (yawn - remember those lockdown lies we were told?), ok, fair enough, but for the minimal reference to such, we still seem to be shipping ppl in?? Isn't that kinda contradictory?

Animations. Yes.......really? Ok I'll believe you, Peter Crouch was more believeable with his crap goal celebrations

Right now, the Engrish kills it dead, with plenty of support just in case for many other elements

Is it redeemable? Possibly, with a lot of attention, rather than chucking out content, which the Dev seems to be more focussed on. Up to the Dev, one star is generous (if preset by the site)
  3. 5.00 star(s)

Markbestmark

Firstly I would say that, for me, the best critic here on f95, this looks promising but short. I see, that dev, really wanted to make those alpha updates to be looking good. I can also ensure you that graphics are fine, but I would spend more time on the story. as this is a visual novel, and there has to be a good story after all
  4. 5.00 star(s)

MilfFapper

good game. currently not much content {0.7} but worth your time for some different approach. there are plenty of hiccups here and there as mentioned by multiple people but developer seems to be active one with taking criticism in positive manner.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

Aleks Mark

A very positive game, you look and smile. Unusual characters do not irritate but make you smile. In general, the game should probably be like this. Clear, simple and fun.
    Without ambiguous choices and multi-move combinations. The graphics are at a high level, although a little unusual; the behavior and reactions of the main character are motivated and understandable, without far-fetchedness and exaggeration. To the author of inspiration
    Let's wait for the continuation. :) (y)(y)
  6. 1.00 star(s)

Ai Shoujo Fan

Jimmy Awkward Adventures 0.12

DIALOG

The dialog isn't the greatest. All the dialog consists of very short sentences. It's like the MC isn't capable of stringing together more than five words at a time.

The following are just examples of the first minute of dialog, up until the MC does some laundry.

Even though the MC just got out of college, and even though he looks like 12 year old, he often uses words and phrases that sound more like something a 6-8 year old would say. Like "pandemy" instead of "pandemic" and "coffy" instead of "coffee".

Words are misspelled.
    "collage" should be "college".
    Sometimes the mom is "Marry". Sometimes she is "Merry". Make up your mind!
    "Everyday is exactly the same." should be "Every day is exactly the same."
    "She is an online lecturer and do some wierd cosplays." should be "She is an online lecturer and does some weird cosplay."
    "Oh and these must belong to youngest roommate who is a chilreeder at collage." should be "Oh, and these must belong to my youngest roommate who is a cheerleader at college."

Capitalization of the first letter of words is often inconsistent or wrong.
    "No job... No girlfriend... no father..." should be "No job... no girlfriend... no father".
    Sometimes the dev uses "click!", other times he uses "Click." Make up your mind. Is it "click" or "Click"?
    "Although She is damn sexy!" should be "Although she is damn sexy!"

Other grammar mistakes like no punctuation or spaces.
    "Ofcourse I want to sleep more" should be "Of course I want to sleep more."
    None of his options have punctuation or periods at the end.
    "thats the owner of the house." should be "that's the owner of the house."
    "Now lets move on with the day." should be "Now let's move on with the day."
    "If you havent yet meet them than you will." should be "If you haven't met them yet, then you will".
    "Thats done" should be "That's done".

Other mistakes.
    "so you can do here anything you like." should be "so you can do anything here you like."
    Mom says "It is your room, so you can do here anything you like..." and then suddenly it is the Son saying "But..." "Tidiness is a good..." "Oh...". I think the dev meant for the mom to be saying all of that but he put the wrong character's name above the dialog. And then it doesn't even make sense. Tell me, does "But.. tidiness is a good... manner" make any sense at all? Maybe he meant "But tidiness is good manners" or "But tidiness is a good thing"?

Dev mentions "cloth store". Does he mean "cloth store" or "clothing store"?

When narrating a sound or thought, the font should be in italics and not regular font.

But yeah, the entire game has very short, mediocre, and painful to read dialog with way too many mistakes. The dev should just write his dialog and then have a native English speaker use the original dialog as a guideline, but expand on it, make the dialog longer and more interesting, and fix all the grammar and spelling mistakes.

CHOICES

Basically the MC narrates to himself in extremely short sentences and then he asks himself what he should do and then it's just an one option choice - a single chore. It makes for a very boring game when the dialog is so simple, boring, and infantile and then it is just single choice chores.

MODELS

Good.

RENDERS

Good.

CONTENT

Piss poor content. After so many updates and releases, there is nothing worth downloading and playing this game for. Oh, and no sex. The dialog and choices are so horrible that after the MC took a shower, I had no choice but to hold the CTRL button and skip through the game really fast to maintain my sanity. Just like I did the last two times that I downloaded and attempted to play this game, versions 0.1 and 0.7. I can't play this game. It's sad, because the models and renders and the incest theme are good. But everything else is bad. I won't ever download this game again.
  7. 2.00 star(s)

arjun2891

Nice premise and interesting artwork, but there is no storyline development or sexual content. The loop of chores being done and the repetition of the scenes is taxing for players. Looking forward to the next updates where they flesh it out. Otherwise, it won't be play-worthy.
  8. 2.00 star(s)

ohwonders

There's a certain threshold I expect from devs, even from their very first release - this doesn't hold up. In my opinion, the only thing the game has going for itself is the art style. Unfortunately, everything else does not meet the bare minimum for a game in today's day and age. The script is sloppy and feels like it's written by an elementary student. It tries to be a game where options matters - get rid of choices when there are none (90% of the prompts). The renders are passable at best

Don't play the current (v0.01) version, it's a waste of time - even if you're looking to give feedback. It's a solid 1* for me currently, the only redeeming factor is the "landlady"