Ren'Py Joyful Days [v0.1 Remake] [Zel Dev]

3.50 star(s) 2 Votes

Zealous2907

Game Developer
May 30, 2022
So, I do have bad news for everyone keeping their eyes on this game, but the game has been canceled/scrapped. I'll be reusing the girls for another project that doesn't follow a "Psychological Horror" trend.

As for what I'll be working on now, it's a Slice of Life/Romantic VN that'll be route based with new girls.

I apologize for the inconvenience.

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
A remake that is still a sandbox.

The definition of stupidity is doing the same thing and expecting a different outcome.

SMH.

I for one won't be waiting for whatever comes next.
Either I missed your joke/insult or you're confused.

"Insanity" - Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
Thanks for this, you reminded me to point it out in the beginning of this thread that the person in question is their own character, not yourself. The reason for this is that I've limited what choices can be taken and will be taken in the future. If the character could be you for example, I would have made a lot more choices available. In the future, I would like to make a game that allows you to pick out your own name and along with that an abundance of choices to go along with it.
Is this still the case in the rework? If I can't play immersively, that is, identifying myself with the MC, then there is no way I can be interested in the game.

So, I do have bad news for everyone keeping their eyes on this game, but the game has been canceled/scrapped. I'll be reusing the girls for another project that doesn't follow a "Psychological Horror" trend.

As for what I'll be working on now, it's a Slice of Life/Romantic VN that'll be route based with new girls.

I apologize for the inconvenience.
So, has all the LiL crap (horror and strange garbage, forced lesbianism, etc) that made the game not even worth starting been removed from this rework?

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
Is this still the case in the rework? If I can't play immersively, that is, identifying myself with the MC, then there is no way I can be interested in the game.

So, has all the LiL crap (horror and strange garbage, forced lesbianism, etc) that made the game not even worth starting been removed from this rework?
1: It still seems to be the case. Lots of phrases where the MC is talking about himself to himself for whatever reason. "I open my eyes", "I look away" etcetera. I really goes out of it's way to stress the fact the this character is the MC, not the player. It's also 100% kinetic. There isn't a single choice. You just watch what happens and go along with it. The game doesn't care if your a perv or whether or not you're interested in a character.

2: It's too short to really say for certain but it still looks like the "horror" is still there. In the very beginning there is a very LIL reminiscent scene of I guess a server trying to connect to the MC or scene? There is no lewd content so it's hard to say if the forced kinks are still there but as I said, no player agency here so if it does happen you will likely not have a say in it anyway.

Reactions: BlasKyau

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
1: It still seems to be the case. Lots of phrases where the MC is talking about himself to himself for whatever reason. "I open my eyes", "I look away" etcetera. I really goes out of it's way to stress the fact the this character is the MC, not the player. It's also 100% kinetic. There isn't a single choice. You just watch what happens and go along with it. The game doesn't care if your a perv or whether or not you're interested in a character.

2: It's too short to really say for certain but it still looks like the "horror" is still there. In the very beginning there is a very LIL reminiscent scene of I guess a server trying to connect to the MC or scene? There is no lewd content so it's hard to say if the forced kinks are still there but as I said, no player agency here so if it does happen you will likely not have a say in it anyway.
I guess then I'm still not interested in the game.

Reactions: Skeltom
3.50 star(s) 2 Votes