VN - Ren'Py - Abandoned - Julie [v0.1] [Ecelgelir]

1. 1.00 star(s)

nickzeik

First, The graphics aren't the worst part of this virtual novel. I actually don't mind rough, goofy graphics such as Tales of Aselia or My Hunting Adventure and the animation is actually executed better than most with some sound effects thrown in for good measure. No uncanny valley here! So the execution is moderately successful.

But the execution of what? There are no choices. The story is a recap of every terrible trope in the female protagonist genre.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
    And to what end? The writing and dialog are absolutely atrocious. So if you aren't trying to tell some original story here, what are you trying to do? The humiliation, groping, and spanking tags all make sense, but corruption usually involves some choice. If not, it needs to somehow be covered in narrative. Otherwise it becomes this misogynistic beating. I hope that isn't your goal, and I'll proceed as if it isn't.

If you really want to delve into the corruption mechanic, you're going to have to gamify this more or at least think through multiple story paths around the theme.

If you just like visualizing these situations, consider an online comic instead of a novel. Drop all the dialog and narrative altogether and just show the "story" through your pics and animation. Leverage the fact that everyone who plays these games knows the story and let them play it out in their head. Trust me, they can probably do a better job fantasizing. And you won't even have to worry about translations...