Ren'Py - Jump City Journeys [v0.3a][Eventure Games]

1. 5.00 star(s)

andrew123123

well designed characters parodied from a well known series, the first one with jinx is so smooth, just hope that she's a bit cuter, a little too old expression for a teenager

i don't really get on why there is a separate option for the mc's are we eventually gets to each story from their point of view? but not that i'm complaining with more contents XD
  2. 2.00 star(s)

amBest

When a game is this early, what is there to review? Only future potential I think. But there's nothign here to judge much of anything.

So what does it have?
    - Great models
    - Horrible sandbox navigation with guess the reight trigger
    - Horrible UI
    - Horrible navigation (I'm doubling down)
    - No content
    - Bad animations
    - No story
    - No mechanics

So what is there? Good models. That's it.

Waaay to early to be shown to the public, could be abandoned tomorrow and what's left? Nothing.

I'll come back in a year or two and revisit, since I do love me some Titans.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

BlackAceOfSpades

the game so far is rather well done the models are good the only real problem is it does not seem to tell you to use the... Titan phone? i dont know what its called and that the models can disapeer and you cant use the gallery yet
  4. 4.00 star(s)

DaveAxel14

Hello everyone I hope you're having a great day, I have collected my thoughts about the game over the past few days and I want give my review, thoughts and suggestions about the alpha version of jump city journey.

Keep in mind that I will be reviewing the alpha version of the game, which means most of the things I will mention are subject to change; also as I am giving my suggestions keep in my that not only it's based off of what the dev planned for the game therefore I am NOT going to mention anything that conflicts with the devs plans and vision, but also I will be giving my suggestions for the game based off of my own personal taste and preferences so therefore I am speaking for myself and others that have the same preferences as i do and others have every right to disagree.

With that out of the way Lettuce begin

My Review and Overall rating: 4/5 or 8/10
    The alpha gives a strong first impression, it has a glorious menu screen, it introduces us to our beloved heroes, some absolutely gorgeous and highly detailed character sprites, the ins and outs of the titans tower and gives us a very good and solid sex scene but where it fails is three things: navigation, environment and plot
    The former is nothing short of confusing to the point that you have idea where to go and what to click on, the middle is completely lifeless and barebone which complete opposite of character sprites are unpleasant to look at and the latter is way way too simple, silly, it has no depth, no build up, just blackfire falls from sky and seduces nightwing. I know it's alpha but an alpha has a job to do: making first impressions and foundation for what's to come, and if the rest of story and navigation is going to be like this it's going to be no good. all and all the dev had my attention the moment I saw the main poster on f95zone.to and that says something. I wish nothing but good luck for dev

So this part will be my suggestions:

Story: I have already mentioned that the story and the build up to the sex scene is weak and just not good. a good story needs good character writing, depth, an immersive plot, character motivation and evolution and since in case titans it has to loyal to original characters and have mild humor that isn't out place and unnecessary. I'm sure the dev can come up with something solid you know... something like: the titans are irrelevant nowadays; they became less of friends due their age;they finally get the golden opportunity to prove themselves and meanwhile they become friends and soul mates again. There a lot of opportunities and potential for the story in this game and I'm sure the dev will take their chances.

Characters: according to dev the characters have aged up. That should be put in consideration, that means our heroes are no longer inexperienced children that were filled with doubts and fears. It means that they are now experts in what they do and became somewhat mature and bold. I would to see them develop their own character and be twice better than where us players start the game. For our heroes to mention each others first real names instead of their codenames. For our heroes to cherish and love each other. God I can talk about this for hours I really hope the dev put my words in consideration. Oh and as for character requests: pls try to add red hood, rose Wilson ravager, wonder girl, Argent, baby wild beast, thank you ♥

Navigation: I have complained about this on my review part and the only good thing about it; was the titans tower itself, other than that, it's confusing and you can get lost at any moment. I highly suggest that before anything the dev should add map or text highlights or intractable sprites which... the dev already plans to so props to them.

Environment: the locations in this alpha is bland, boring and they lack any detail. Example:rooftops, starfire's room hall ways, kitchen, main room and etc. More props and accessories HAS to be added and the brightness and sharpness of objects has to flushed out

Sprites:simply beautiful nothing major. Just to name a few things to addressed: starfire and blackfires' eyebrows are off putting and out of place, just because they worked in the original animated series doesn't mean they will work here, beast boy should be a bit taller and MUST be bigger than nightwing cause it's the law... he's not called BEAST boy for nothing,
    Cyborg's armor seems to have clipping... just keep an eye out for that one, give Dick chiseled ASS because the LAW and flush out raven and starfires' main sprite in a way that doesn't show them having fake tits, make ravens smile more obvious and quick side note: the only virgins in the games should be: Gar, Rae and Vic (IMO).

Sound and music: not much to say here I'll leave this one to the dev

Sandbox: if implemented; I gotta let you know that a "wide" sandbox as in how many options you have is the standards of sandbox and it will be nothing special but a "deep" sandbox as in how many ways you can do one option will be nothing short of genius.
    It is already stated that we're going to play as all of the titans so For Example: from one scenario I can trigger a scene with beast boy an raven, while playing as Gar where HD asks for attention while being bold and absolutely shameless, and from scenario I can trigger the same scene while playing as Rae this time where she is shy yet straightforward with her desires... or the other way around. I really hope the dev considers this because if implemented like this you won't even need to include branching storyline or multiple endings.

Sex scenes: this alpha only has one sex scene so I giving my recommendation based off of that, the fact that we can choose the sex scene's pace is great and very welcome. The sex scene it self is fluid and well-animated and the character's face expectations are welcome as well. All that's missing is lines of dialouge between partners yknow... moaning, compliment, dirty talk, all of that.

Combat and progression: I don't know if the dev have considered adding combat to the game or not but character progression is confirmed so... my only suggestion is that one single currency for purchasing anything will be welcome in my eyes
    Like:buying items from stores and character skills should use the currency. It's smart it's safe and it just works.

Gallery: so if you visit Gallery right now you'll see the name of ladies lined up, I personally would have changed it to our playable characters. Yknow... since they are the main reason the scenes will be triggered?

Planned NSFW Content: so first off; the dev team has my most praises for keeping the NSFW aspect as safe and as vanilla possible. Rape is wrong no matter what, bestality is unnecessary and annoying (that BBRAE "normal sex" meme just ruins raven's character turning her into a abusive bitch that she's not) and apparently no NTR and and swinging, which subtley implies each playable character gonna have their own individual harem... I guess I hope I'm not wrong because I am not a fan of cuckold or cuckqean fetish. they are overused, it's out of place in this context and it ruins the potential of story, friendship and sandbox the game CAN have.

Romance/No Corruption: I'm personally getting tired of all this mind break type stories some superhero parody games have adapted given theme and the planned harem tag; there has to some love an affection between partners and to explore rest of the planned tags there has to some trust between partners so that they can explore their sexual desires.

And that's gonna do it for the review if made it till the I just want to thank you for taking the time to read my article.

I want thank the dev for this alpha showcase like I said it's a strong first impression and I can't get enough of it and I really hope the dev team consider some of the things I mentioned in the article if not all. You have my full support on this project. ♥
  5. 4.00 star(s)

XLIDAR

Warning: I'm on Linux. The dev hates me, personally (/s), and hasn't released on Linux. As a result, my user experience might not represent what works fine for everyone else.

The art is beautiful. Animations looked like glitchy crap during sex, but the cumshot animation was good. May or may not have been an actual glitch, but probably was considering going from "slow" to "fast" just resulted in the image freezing... Hopefully I'll get to see it properly in a future version.

There's basically no content, really seems like a feeler. But I would, in fact, be interested in a TT game with this art, if it gets developed.

There's very little audio. I don't like too much audio, but dead silence is a bit odd. Maybe at least a ding when I click something, or something...

Some guide to where the content is would be nice.

Also, your time of day system is confusing as heck, needs a visual indicator. Seems to skip morning if you don't specifically sleep until morning.

Hopefully I can change this review completely in a future version.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

DannyLucifer

I haven't even played the game and I already love it. I have seen teen titan parodies before but none with this render quality, it looks fantastic!
    I just hope the story is good. Not Shakespearean-level good, just good.
    Who hasn't crushed on Raven?
  7. 4.00 star(s)

DenimRat

Gameplay
    Controls: A clickable map, with both keyboard and mouse controlled dialogue. There is a also a gallery menu, however it doesn’t seem to work.
    Interface: Ren’py interface for dialogue.
    Writing
    Plot: Not very much as of .01a, more of an intro that might turn into a plot.
    Characters: The characters act quite a lot like they do in the source material.
    Typos: None.
    Art
    Models: Models are well made.
    Animations: Smooth and effective.
    Background: As good as they need to be.
    Audio
    Music: N/A.
    Effects: Basically just the phone notifications, but that one does it’s job.
    Voices: N/A.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

justapervert

By the time I am typing this it is currently V0.1A, Go down to the conclusion if you wish for a quick summary.

Gameplay: Though in its infancy the structure regarding this type of game is very fleshed out, Generic point and click adventure which personally the Ren'Py game engine should be used instead of a long narrated VN with multi-choice is a great choice of planning and navigating considering the setting and ambitions set for us the player. Navigate through a limited environment with rooms not made yet but planned gives high hopes of what opportunity the future updates will bring moreover it still has this VN game vibe to it, succeeding in giving us a choice during scenes. day and night cycle is a welcoming mechanic to see other events at different times brings a bit immersion and surprisingly i wish other games used this often, 3 times zones instead of 4 or more is much more efficient and less stressful for the developer encoding events. Not much is able to type considering it literally just navigating through a not so complicated environment, my apologies. (4.5/5)

Story: Not much to say currently, you play as night wing whom is a grown up version of robin for those not cultured and just playing for the thick raven ( I am "those" ) the game sets place on teen titans tower with scripted events? since there is only one example unfortunately I'm not so keen with story objective attention if there isn't much to lead us on. Regardless the character monolog and reaction is well written and well scripted with what we have currently. (4.5/5)

Scenes: Now my favourite subject, currently only one sexual scene with blackfire at the bathroom at night and thick goth girl at the kitchen but that's all we need for a demo to present what is there to offer. The smut scene with black fire is at night and is animated with monologue and choice. Let me reiterate ANIMAMATED for a unknown developer to include this in their game is quiet the surprise, though not well flushed as SFM (source film maker) nor is lazy such as static positioning it is still impressive how ambitious how the developer are with these scenes present in the game. Last but very minor is a pull-up shirt with raven at the kitchen during the morning time period. Small but gives a vibrant feel to the environment especially when you can interact with the counter prior to seeing the person present. (4.5/5)

Conclusion: Read this if you can't be arsed with my time and effort, I'm kidding I love you all for taking the time reading this. Good versatile gameplay ripe with future and possibility likewise said with the story and the the scenes present are as good as it can get except the power of the developers imagination. I can't give it a (4.5/5) so I will just round it up to give this game traffic.

P.S I bet you don't know Am and Pm stand for Ante/Post meridiem. No? now you know. I wish the developer and you the player good health and prosperity.-Justapervert