Just Curious

U

User_633486

How many girls are here/use this site/play the games?

Also wonder what the ratio of guys:girls is too.

thecardinal

Latina midget, sub to my Onlyfans - cash for gash
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
I'm a girl. I've mentioned it a few times on here, no creepiness or harassment at all.

Gomly1980

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
As long as no one harrasses my harem we'll have no problems.

Now we just hope my wife doesn't read that and relegates me to the sofa .... our sofa isn't designed for people over 6 foot to sleep on.

Bright Sun Studios

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2017
From my experience it's mostly males on here. I do know about a few female developers, but here is my insight on the subject:

A few months ago I did some target audience research for one of my games, Blooming Love. That game is a lesbian romance novel, so admittedly it would only attract lesbian women, bisexual women and men and straight men.
People could anonymously fill in a list of questions I posted about the game (because I wanted some insight in what people thought about them game/what kinds of people were playing my game). One of those questions was 'what is your gender?'. Since it was anonymous, I doubt many people lied. I got over a 100 reactions and 7 (if I remember correctly) of those answered 'female'. I think 4 or 5 of them answered 'Don't want to say' and the rest answered 'male'.

You can draw your own conclusion from the research I did, but in my opinion the answer is pretty clear.

thecardinal

Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
@Bright Sun Studios
I think more straight men would want to play that particular game, compared to straight women. I wonder what the stats are on Summertime Saga or Milfy City.

I kinda grew up like a boy though, maybe that's how I ended up here. I remember stealing my dad's Playboy's, and giving the family's computer viruses from downloading Teen Titans hentai in middle school. :/

Reactions: Papa Ernie

Bright Sun Studios

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2017
@Bright Sun Studios
I think more straight men would want to play that particular game, compared to straight women. I wonder what the stats are on Summertime Saga or Milfy City.

I kinda grew up like a boy though, maybe that's how I ended up here. I remember stealing my dad's Playboy's, and giving the family's computer viruses from downloading Teen Titans hentai in middle school. :/
You have a point. But there aren't really many (if any) games that really choose straight women as a target audience. I doubt many straight women would play Summertime Sage or Milfy City (but maybe they are, who knows). The love interests in those games are all female. Unless you play the game because you are attracted to the male main character, i don't see why straight women would play them (but I could be wrong).

Yaoi (male-male) games or Good Girls Gone Bad might be good for straight women. There you play as a girl and have sex with guys. My other game (High School Crush Simulator) might also be suited for straight women when the next update comes out (which will add male-romance options for the female protagonist). But even in those games (at least to me) it feels like they are written for gay women or men, because they main character is usually sexualize (masturbation scenes and such) and I don't know if that'd be interesting to many women.

But I think there is no true answer here. We'll never really know since most games don't have male-female stats like mine has (and they are somewhat outdated, so I don't know if they're accurate anymore).

But... do any of you know of any games that really go for the straight women target audience?

Bright Sun Studios

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2017
@Bright Sun Studios None that I can think of. Most games with female protags are men and you can tell by the way they write.
True. I found it funny that some of the earliest comments about my game (Blooming Love) were that people weren't able to guess if I was female or male and that totally confused them. So I guess that's a common thing among games with female protagonists.

Oh, and another interesting thing about the research I did was that the women who answered the list of questions actually all said they wouldn't mind F/M content being added to the game. So I assume they are actually all bisexual and not lesbians. Makes sense, since there are a lot more game for you on here if you're bisexual and you wouldn't be scared of as easily by the massive amount of male protagonists on this website.

thecardinal

Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
It's cause everywhere has male protagonists. I like assassinating people in Italy in 1485 in the Renaissance, guess I have to be a guy then.

Delmach

Oct 3, 2017
But... do any of you know of any games that really go for the straight women target audience?
Straight female oriented game.. uhhh I should be able to come up with some of them but im failing at the moment. Best I can come up with is a Yuri game with added non phallic robot.. tentacles called Reclaim Reality.

Im having a hard time with the definition of a straight female oriented game honestly, can only think of having a female main character helps, but those are plentiful, and usually they have content that goes probably too far for female players?
Im just guessing that the corruption and (sexual) downfall of a character isnt exactly what most look for? Or various other, more depraved content. There are literally hundreds of japanese games with female characters that have that.

Oh just remembered another one that might fit, Insexsity. One of those go along your average day as a female, just trying to get by games, earning money through various choices.

Or Panthea, although that also has furry characters as interests along with humans.

What also fits is Fountain of Mana, it starts off slow, plays with exhibitionism a bit.

On a last note, I have seen various fan submitted pictures of females playing Princess Trainer, apparently corrupting someone is a theme that works more often than not. Guess its the same with Good Girl Gone Bad. If im not mistaken here then there would be a lot more suggestions.