Just Curious

Bright Sun Studios

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2017
It's cause everywhere has male protagonists. I like assassinating people in Italy in 1485 in the Renaissance, guess I have to be a guy then.
Nothing wrong with play a little Ezio, right? Although I did enjoy the addition of Evie in Syndicate. I liked her much more than Jacob and usually played as her whenever I could.

As for other games... well, I usually play RPGs, which means I get to choose my own gender. One of the many advantages of that genre in my opinion. But honestly, I don't really care. As long as the main character is likeable, I'll play as anyone. No problem.

Bright Sun Studios

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2017
Straight female oriented game.. uhhh I should be able to come up with some of them but im failing at the moment. Best I can come up with is a Yuri game with added non phallic robot.. tentacles called Reclaim Reality.

Im having a hard time with the definition of a straight female oriented game honestly, can only think of having a female main character helps, but those are plentiful, and usually they have content that goes probably too far for female players?
Im just guessing that the corruption and (sexual) downfall of a character isnt exactly what most look for? Or various other, more depraved content. There are literally hundreds of japanese games with female characters that have that.

Oh just remembered another one that might fit, Insexsity. One of those go along your average day as a female, just trying to get by games, earning money through various choices.

Or Panthea, although that also has furry characters as interests along with humans.

What also fits is Fountain of Mana, it starts off slow, plays with exhibitionism a bit.

On a last note, I have seen various fan submitted pictures of females playing Princess Trainer, apparently corrupting someone is a theme that works more often than not. Guess its the same with Good Girl Gone Bad. If im not mistaken here then there would be a lot more suggestions.
There are some games that can be enjoyed by straight women, but few actively cater to them specifically. To me playing most of the games on this website as a straight women would be like playing M/M games as a straight male. You might enjoy the story and characters. You might even enjoy the game overall. But do you play it because you are interested in the subject matter of the game sexually? Probably not. I mean, what is the point in playing an erotic game if you aren't attracted to any of the characters that are obivously written as characters the reader should be attracted to?

Some games, like Princess Trainer, also sexualize the male main character, so that could work I suppose. But I still doubt that if a straight woman played that game that they'd be attracted to Jasmine. I'm not saying it's impossible, but it would help if you were at least a little bit bisexual.

Delmach

Oct 3, 2017
I think there are quite a few games that would work for straight women, as in, most characters to go after are male. The mentioned Insexsity for example has definitely more male characters to interact with than females, and you can also chose what you want to do mostly. And I know quite a lot more games where the lesbian part is small or non-existant.
Its not really about the lack of males in female protagonist games (at least the ones I know), its more about the feeling that those games are still made for male players.

And after rechecking the female protagonist tagged games, it shows that they are all made by males, for males. The female MC works as its really in an overwhelming percentage a setup for a male fantasy of corrupting them, there isnt really a "live a normal life and meet people as female game". Most games do give choices though, you as a player can chose in which situation you run the character into, or at least sometimes chose with whom the corruption part takes place.

Interesting that its such a strong theme in both industries, japanese and western. Even the Lesson of Passion series has female characters, but they also mostly have male players in mind, and again a lot of them play with the corruption.

Guess to have a game that would really be suited for females, it would need a female developer. Funny enough, the only one I know off thats doing adult games does some of the more depraved content, not that I mind.

JustAnnie

Apr 14, 2018
I don't really have much to add to what you guys have already said. I do wish there was more female MC games, the main issue i have in the few games i have found is the F/F content can be hard to avoid. Personally i don't mind a touch here and there but i am a straight woman so for my fapping pleasure i prefer F/M with a fem perspective.