VN Ren'Py Kachuna Remake [Development Thread]

TamayaKagiya

Game Developer
Sep 27, 2022
Greetings, we are Tamaya Kagiya (TK), an erotic visual novel developer. We are currently in the process of remaking our first game, Kachuna and wanted to share progress here.

JP_logo.png

kachuna_logo.png
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

(Please note that this video is for the previous version of the game and does not have the updated assets.)

Plot
Kare no Chuunibyo ha Naora nai
(彼の中二病は治らない) or Kachuna for short, is translated as "His Chuunibyou Cannot be Cured."
You play as Jun Mizushima, a young man suffering from Chuunibyou, meaning "eighth grade syndrome." Chuunibyou is a phrase describing young people with delusions of grandeur. In this case, our protagonist genuinely believes he possesses super powers. Aside from this delusion, he is a charismatic young man determined to create a video game of his own. He sets out to win the annual International Youth Game development competition alongside his eccentric club members and friends. Players must balance interpersonal relationships with the struggles of managing a team in order to finish their game.

Updated character art will be added in future updates.

Updated screenshots will be added in the future.
YuiCG.png
Features + Specs
1920x1080 resolution
Approximately 20 hours gameplay

Staff
Tamaya Kagiya - Director
Third Party mediator and New Project Manager
Bo Ri - Background Art, Logo, Old version CGs
Avagrande (Ayano) - GUI Programmer (old version)
Ran08 - Writer and Programmer (old version)
UPA - Editor ((\old version)
馬洽卡Yan - Character artist (old version)

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
Not sure if you're open to feedback, but:

"Tsumiki" - means children's wooden playing blocks. Never met or heard of anyone with that first name.
"Shiro" - I've met dogs called this, and could be a nickname for a boy named e.g. Shirota. But never encountered it as a girls name. It's not cute.

Source: lived in japan for 9 years, speak fluent Japanese.

On the positive side: cool game name and logo, interesting and original concept, and that art is gorgeous :love:

Good luck with your project!

TamayaKagiya

Game Developer
Sep 27, 2022

Hey all, it's been a while. We hope you are doing well!

As a quick recap, we are currently working on the logistics of the Kachuna rework. All old debts for the project have been completely paid off and we received all of the background art files. We still have not been able to get in contact with the writer. As always, we are grateful for your patience.

What's new:
I ran into some difficulties balancing work for this team against other work, which is why updates have been so slow. We've recently worked out a solution so I can devote more time to the project.

I believe I've figured out the best place to host a homepage that would serve as a centralized hub for updates, so I'm hoping to set that up this month.

I've been going through and renaming all of the layers on the background art files. It's a bit tedious, but it is a process that will also help us determine if the files would be appropriate for programming small animations for the eventual large update.

c98f0c871ccaba3e37f8f6e0316a2427_original.png

After the BGs are sorted, I'll do the same for the sprites and CGs, to see if they are salvageable. If not, we will be commissioning updated sprites and CGs. Though finalizing any script changes would come before that.

We are hoping to put out a call for writers and programmers when the time is right.

Other updates:
4dd183eec031910ba1a36ca1e43b956f_original.jpg

In the meantime, we've worked out a licensing agreement with , the author of the I am Succubus web novel. You can now find the ! Any sales proceeds go to Rabbit, so please go check it out and ! Events in the webnovel may differ from the in terms of canon, so you can enjoy it separately from the game's future release.

In closing:

As a reminder we ask that you do not donate to any Paypal accounts associated with us until further notice. Any donations to the accounts under our control will be refunded, but we cannot promise that for the any unsecured accounts that may still exist, so we ask that you proceed with caution.

Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns.

Sincerely looking forward to future updates,

Tamaya Kagiya

Not sure if you're open to feedback, but...
This is actually something we were worried about, since the member who managed the Japanese language side of things was the one that departed after causing issues, and it came to light that their grasp of the language didn't live up to their claims. We're considering renaming the characters completely, depending on fan feedback. I'm currently working with more legitimate translators to get some of those quirks ironed out. Thank you so much for the feedback.

Reactions: osanaiko