Temper Six

Apr 9, 2018
How is the translation going, any updates?
I've finished translating the new story. I took some time to work on the system changes as the backend is significantly different. With the old game, I just had to get it to support spaces in names, but this version requires more modification. I haven't even started on the UI graphics yet. I hope I can just swap in the ones I've already done. It's progressing.

Dec 26, 2020
I've finished translating the new story. I took some time to work on the system changes as the backend is significantly different. With the old game, I just had to get it to support spaces in names, but this version requires more modification. I haven't even started on the UI graphics yet. I hope I can just swap in the ones I've already done. It's progressing.
Thanks a lot for the hard work mate!

• Red Heart
Reactions: Temper Six

Sixsevenzeight

Jun 15, 2024
Did you finished the new games translation?

Temper Six

Apr 9, 2018
Not yet. It's a drag and I've been on holiday so it's delayed a bit. Thanks for your continued interest though.
I'm actively working on this now.

I've finished up doing the translation for the new content (10 total scenes) as well as proof-read and fixed all the changes for the old content (120 total scenes).
I've done some minor translation changes here and there but nothing major.

I'm working on the UI now, just finishing the text images for the option choices.
The system menu stuff is done.
I have the save system UI to do as well as QA checks throughout.

It's coming along.

danadana

Aug 5, 2023
I'm actively working on this now.

I've finished up doing the translation for the new content (10 total scenes) as well as proof-read and fixed all the changes for the old content (120 total scenes).
I've done some minor translation changes here and there but nothing major.

I'm working on the UI now, just finishing the text images for the option choices.
The system menu stuff is done.
I have the save system UI to do as well as QA checks throughout.

It's coming along.
I can't wait, Thanks for translating the game I can only speak for myself but I really appreciate what you do.

Temper Six

Apr 9, 2018
I noticed an issue with the game I uploaded where the new story isn't translated. If you JUST downloaded it and see this problem, redownload it. I've fixed the uploaded versions. The initial release is always a little tough for me. Sorry!

Last edited:
Reactions: maynardkeynes65

danadana

Aug 5, 2023
I noticed an issue with the game I uploaded where the new story isn't translated. If you JUST downloaded it and see this problem, redownload it. I've fixed the uploaded versions. The initial release is always a little tough for me. Sorry!
capture.png

many texts are cut like this in the new story and in the rest of the game

capture 2.png

Reactions: Temper Six

Temper Six

Apr 9, 2018
View attachment 3951142

many texts are cut like this in the new story and in the rest of the game

View attachment 3951152
Yeah. It's gonna do that. There's no mechanism in the game to recognize words because Japanese doesn't work that way. I wish i could resolve that easily.

The text as I enter it when I translated it is:

"Heh... Comparing insertions like that? That's not something most people would normally think of."

So it's hard. The game arbitrarily breaks stuff up based off of the rules the game created for outputting the Japanese text. And this game engine is for Japanese visual novels so there are no western text affordances at all. Heck, there's not even documentation.

danadana

Aug 5, 2023
Yeah. It's gonna do that. There's no mechanism in the game to recognize words because Japanese doesn't work that way. I wish i could resolve that easily.

The text as I enter it when I translated it is:

"Heh... Comparing insertions like that? That's not something most people would normally think of."

So it's hard. The game arbitrarily breaks stuff up based off of the rules the game created for outputting the Japanese text. And this game engine is for Japanese visual novels so there are no western text affordances at all. Heck, there's not even documentation.
I don't know much about the subject but I seem to remember that some users fixed this with other games that had the same problem with word wrap

Many orcsoft games translated manually also have the lines in place and are not cut, but again,I know that this is a fairly recurring problem with the translations of this developer but I have read many times that a program called word wrap is used to align the texts well and avoid cuts but I have no idea how to use it.

This is an example of my life a cult leader translated by kagura games
example.png
This is not intended to criticize or compare anything, it is just an example, I know that you have worked a lot on this and I appreciate it and I am grateful for the translation even if there is no solution for this specific game

Last edited:

Temper Six

Apr 9, 2018
I don't know much about the subject but I seem to remember that some users fixed this with other games that had the same problem with word wrap

Many orcsoft games translated manually also have the lines in place and are not cut, but again,I know that this is a fairly recurring problem with the translations of this developer but I have read many times that a program called word wrap is used to align the texts well and avoid cuts but I have no idea how to use it.

This is an example of my life a cult leader translated by kagura games
View attachment 3951207
This is not intended to criticize or compare anything, it is just an example, I know that you have worked a lot on this and I appreciate it and I am grateful for the translation even if there is no solution for this specific game
Thanks for the examples. I might look into it if I feel inspired but after doing this game twice, I'm excited to be done.

EDIT: Ok, I'm feeling inspired already. I'll see what I can do to resolve these sorts of issues.

Last edited:
Reactions: danadana

danadana

Aug 5, 2023
Do you know what resolution you were using? I checked one of those scenes and it looked OK for me:

View attachment 3951850
1920 x 1080 the standard
although if you mean inside the game then the maximum 1260x960
I don't know if it's a mistake on my part until I see if another user replicates the same problem. I always use the same resolution and it doesn't happen to me with the rest of the games I have all of them

Last edited:

HOKORI SAMA

Modder
Dec 18, 2022
There is an easy solution for this just go to gameconfig.tjs and rewrite the var GAME_WORD_COUNT = what you feel right.
This variable defines the number of maximum characters that can be displayed on the screen.
Use [r] for line breaks in scripts. If you're using Vntextpatch then lower the value of Monospacefont in the Vntextpatch.exe.config. although it doesn't works
many times for orcsoft games.
1724224861298.png

Last edited: