VN - Others - Completed - Kansen 3 [Final] [SPEED]

1. 5.00 star(s)

Nightwish2

Kansen 1 was an interesting story. The freshness and the contained scope made it a good mystery to unfold. It made me interested enough to try Kansen 2. That was a big disappointment. Kansen 2 had everything to be better than 1, but the endings were trash.

Now Kansen 3. I finished the Yuuho true end first and decided to write about it. I will make an update after finishing the rest of the content.

There is one big difference between the Yuuho true end and the "good" endings of the previous games.
    You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
    . That's what was missing from the others, and it already made it worth playing Kansen 3.

Now about the developments.

- Main Character
    A refreshing protagonist. He isn't strong. He has an inferiority complex. We can hear his inner thoughts a lot. I was getting a bad feeling about him at the start, but I was proven 100% wrong. His character development is great, it's not forced and it makes sense. Instead of getting a badass making decisions and calling shots, we get a protagonist who is good in emergencies. He manages to suppress his issues to make decisions and help lead his friends to safety.

- The girls
    Yuuho
    You wouldn't think you were going to her true ending until the last moments. I haven't played the others yet, but I can feel why both the Japanese walkthrough and people here said you must play her first. She is the childhood friend the MC already loved, so we get a lot of focus on everything else.

Ren

Typical little sister. She feels guilty about being a burden for everyone. I like her, looking forward to her route.

Maruko

Another refreshing thing about this VN. Has a lot of experience, is good at combat, and can handle firearms. Cold on the outside, but kind.

Others

The side characters in this game are really good. There is good character growth where it's needed (Kousuke). Tadahiko and Jin were very good so far.

The H
    If you follow the walkthrough to the true ending, you will get very feel scenes. The vanilla content (consensual) was limited, and the rapey stuff was also limited (since we are making good choices).
    I didn't click on the aspect switches. I am under the impression those should be locked behind finishing the game once with one of the main girls, so this is likely a bug caused by the translation. I went for the walkthrough and ignored aspect switches. There was one that was unavoidable, I think that's supposed to be the first one you get.

We even get an important guest from Kansen 1 with an important role.

The endings of Kansen 1 and 2 were
    You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
    If you want something a bit [a LOT] better, Kansen 3 is for you.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

DL 16

Wataru is a member of the astronomy club.
    He spends his time observing the celestial bodies:
    the dazzling, distant star
    the radiant, orbiting moon
    the golden, fleeting comet

When tragedy erupts, Wataru reaches out to grasp—!

<Walkthrough>
    Guide, as shared by someone in the thread: http://www2.tky.3web.ne.jp/~umn/EroticGamingZone/walk_through(SPEED_kansen3).html

The guide works, just that some choices seem to have no consequence.

<Similarities>
    It is said that Kansen 5 was a spiritual successor of Kansen 3.
    After playing both, I can see why.

The characters are composed of the same elements, just different composition.
    This works well enough; characters might give off similar vibes,
    but their background and reactions are distinct.
    I never felt that any two were the same people.

<Differences>
    About how Kansen 3 is different from 5.

Prologue
    Kansen 3 > 5
    > The Prologue of Kansen 3 absolutely crushes it; from the portrayal of their daily lives to the introduction of the character dynamics, they nailed it.

Theme
    > If I had to compare the themes of Kansen 3 and 5, it would be thus:
    Kansen 3: The Way Forward is As One
    Kansen 5: S**t Happens

Why? Because Kansen 3 is an apocalypse story.
    Kansen 5 is a survival story.

Bad Endings
    Kansen 5 > 3
    > For Kansen 3, I suggest to avoid the "Last Performance", "Public Viewing" and "Last Feast" Bad Endings because...(spoilers)
    > MC or remaining friends sacrifice themselves to save the heroines who...
    > ...are already, or fated to be, r*ped to death by regular people. I don't think it even qualifies as erotic; it's like a pack of jaguars just tore them to pieces.
    > Each of the above mentioned Bad Endings are, at the end of their routes, almost carbon copies of each other, therefore unnecessary to experience more than once.
    Margarita's Last Performance is slightly different, but still a Poignant Bad Ending, just not an Absolutely Awful Ending.

<Others>
    "In their last moments, people show you who they really are."

1. Kansen 3 features scenes I like to see, that is when a character, showing symptoms, becomes fully aware that they are infected.
    It is a welcome portrayal of what lies at the core of these characters.
    These scenes are available in some "Infected routes".

2. Fyi, there is no non-Infected harem ending.

3. Kansen 3 also concludes the story for Tomomi (from Kansen 1).

<Translation>
    It's good, though pronouns like "he" and "she" are mixed up sometimes.

<Overall rating>
    Kicked by Maruko-senpai/10
  3. 5.00 star(s)

JayTac

What purports to be a very Hentai-y VN turns out to be one of the better takes on a zombie outbreak I've read. To begin with it plays up the erotic part a bit more, but quickly focuses on the story until you enter into an ending and a few H scenes happen again. Playing through it without any info was fun and I'd recommend doing it before going for specific endings with the JP guide posted in the thread.
    If you're worried about the NTR elements at the start, play through her true route and I promise there will be a satisfying conclusion. If you're hoping for NTR then you'll probably be disappointed aside from a few bad ends that conclude with a game over.
    The art is of good quality for the time, although the titty aesthetics aren't fully to my liking (still good tho).
    MTL is good as usual for a dazedanon TL, a few pronoun and wording issues you'd need a human translator for aside.
    PS: Highly recommend the app Sizer to change the window size to something bigger instead of dealing with janky fullscreen.