RPGM - Completed - Karryn's Prison [v1.2.9.64 + DLCs] [Remtairy]

1. 5.00 star(s)

popabear

Karryn's Prison [v1.1.0c Full + Gym DLC] Review

This game is so very weird. In a brilliant kind of way.

TLDR review:
    Karryn's prison is an equal parts battlefuck RPG and base management game about a turboslut-in-denial in a prison filled with horny bastards.
    The game's mechanics are extremely complex and may take some time getting used to, but once you're past the initial hurdle and understand the general concepts it suddenly becomes very rewarding to play.
    The game allows for a wide variety of strategies and has an extremely high skill ceiling and replayability. In fact, it's meant to be played multiple times using trial-and-error.
    You will fail, Karryn will slut it up and it will all be glorious and you'll want to do it again, but differently next time.
    The voice actress for Karryn is really amazing and does an oscar-worthy performance.
    On the negaitve side, I think the art could be better. Karryn's proportions are a bit too fantasy-sized for my tastes. There's some "floating cock"-scenes where the artist didn't bother to draw the rest of the body of the male, and there's a distinct lack of sex animations.
    Another pretty severe drawback of this game are the "side jobs" which just plain aren't fun and a real chore to play. The UI and mechanics for these side games is just a frustrating mess. You can skip them, but then you'll miss out on some much-needed gameplay advantages and a few pretty nice H-scenes and mechanics.

Longer version review:
    This game deserves the long-format review too because it's just that good.

Story time.

About a year ago I played this game for like an hour or so but didn't like it very much and just gave up on it.
    Then fast forward to a week ago, when I saw it with the [completed] tag. I was was very bored so I decided to give it another shot, when suddenly WHAM!
    It all clicked in a big way and now I'm completely hooked. At the time of writing this I've got at least 30 hours played and I've got some 25 different saves for different builds, and I've even installed some mods!

How is this even possible?

Karryn's Prison is definitely one of those acquired taste games where at first you're like "The fuck is this garbage?" and then suddenly you've spent some 20 hours on it.

The key to understanding this game and getting full enjoyment from it is to actually try to beat it without having Karryn becoming a turbo slut. Fair warning: You can't, and you won't. Not on your first try at least.

This is what I didn't understand the first time I tried it. I "came for the fap", as they say, and that's definitely the wrong way to approach this game.
    It's not that you can't fap to it, you most definitely can, it's just that you can't rush the H content and actively seek it out, thinking it's some kind of reward like in "normal" H-games. It's not. Its a trap! A very very clever trap. Karryn decides when it's time to go full semen demon, not you!

The H scenes are kinda like the "bad end" H-scenes in your standard lewd RPG, but in a slow, creeping way. Everything lewd Karryn does or has done to her will corrupt her in some way and make the game harder to beat. Before you know it she'll be too preoccupied slurping cocks and taking it up the ass to bother about saving the prison. Once she's been dragged into the bathroom and been gangbanged till her brain melts, you're fucked. Literally and figuratively. You can still play on and discover new content, and maybe stay for that long awaited fap as you watch her descend into cock madness, but every new step becomes harder and harder until Karryn's nothing but a quivering heap of flesh cum machine with nothing but cock on her mind.

It's funny, clever and hot.

There are viable "turboslut" builds, but trying that on your first playthrough without a deep understanding of the game's very complicated mechanics will pretty much instantly make the game unplayable for you. (You'll get stuck in a loop with the same handjob/blowjob scenes and no sex, followed by progress being softlocked, followed by a very frustrating game over.)

This is all intended, and it's fucking brilliant!

The longer you can keep Karryn from succumbing to her desires the juicier the content gets, too. So it's really a game about patience if you want the really good bits.

Now you just have to figure out how to get there. Godspeed!

I've added a list of common pitfalls/misunderstandings/traps to save you some time, in case you feel the frustration building up:
    (Cool cats dont read this as it could be considered a spoiler!)
    You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
  2. 4.00 star(s)

leugim

In short, this is the best hentai game ever, the best gameplay mechanics of all hentai rpg, heck even better than many non hentai rpgs.
    too much to cover in a single review, the game is deep, yet not overly complicated, lots of engaging gameplay and sex content, good art and with great voice acting! It sets a high bar for hentai content that other devs should strive for

The sole gripe I have, and the reasons this isnt a 10 out of 10 for me, its not animated, I'm asking santa for a massive mod or remake of this game with actual animated content, if its 3d all the better.
    yeah I know, I can always dream
  3. 5.00 star(s)

staghorntiger

It's great to see the game is fully up and running. This is a great h-game with sweet art, gameplay and one sexy thicc warden to watch get rammed by all manner of inmates from the lowly goblin, to the sad geeky daki hording nerds. As well as orcs, werwolves, corrupt guards and lizard men.

Half the fun is really unlocking new traits and titles for Karryn as she progresses through each level of the prison. As well as a small level of management to the prison and it's occupants.

Aside from keeping order in a wild prison full of horny inmates and guards alike. There are also side missions you can play too maintain that Control and earn a little extra gold. Like working as a bar waitress, visitors secretary and a stripper.

This is a must play and please support the original content.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

JRelengod

I give this a 5/5 purely because, for H games, Karryn's Prison is one of the better rpgm examples. The writing is actually pretty funny if a bit trope-y, the combat is interesting and deep enough to get you interested (even if it could be way better of course), and the different styles of play are an interesting choice (slut or pure) and the art is pretty good.

The game knows what it is, if you're looking for mostly pure sex stuff with some engaging gameplay then this is for you, if you want a deep story and interesting characters then it's a pass.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

12hell

To all of you horny prisoners,

Although the game make our little peckers bigger, the progress to make Karryn horny is tedious but it will be worth it. The game is expected to take a couple of hours to complete the game and maybe 20+ hours on getting all of the titles (without cheats). The mini games are fun to play while helping us learn how to multi-task with the limited time for any game mode. A lot of these scenes are repeatable and a lot of CGs and audio are just perfect and are slowly making it worldwide with the new DLC coming up.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

tipoima

Probably not an original review, but:
    Boy is this good and boy is this built for grind.
    Technically speaking, the raw amount of scenes here isn't that high, but all of them are extremely dynamic, with all the variations you could reasonably fit in them. Extensive voice acting on top of it? No shit this game is so popular.

But man the grind is very much real. I played on the easiest difficulty and manually edited the scripts to make it even easier, and I just felt like I couldn't progress.
    Economy is restricted by daily edict points, MC progression is also severely restricted by edict points. You want to unlock gloryholes ,but you have to spend hours earning money in a minigame that isn't nearly interesting enough to play it for dozens of times, keep fighting enemies because your prison control is dropping because you need edict points and expensive policies, and so on and so on.
    But at the same time, cheating too hard in this game is also not advisable, since passives and battle combat is built for steady progression.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

Knight6797

This game is by far the best game on this website, there is no contest even. I will explain my experiences with Karryn's Prison briefly since I could write paragraphs on how good this game is.

Audio: 5/5
    + voice acting is incredibly good
    + moan sounds are hot af
    + grunts of prisoners and karryn when attacking are nice to have
    - sometimes there are slap sounds but I wish there were more of them

Visuals: 10/5
    + high quality CG's
    + art style is really nice
    + cloth tearing during combat with different stages, aswell as attacks all have unique poses
    + I just love the art style

Gameplay: 5/5
    + combat is really fun, takes RPGM combat to a whole new level
    + sex combat done right
    + edicts are really fun to upgrade and see the effects
    + side jobs are very hot, especially receptionist and bar
    - sadly not many outfits outside of sidejobs because workload to do them is huge (there is a way to add them, more about that later)

Story: 5/5
    + makes actual sense why Karryn is in the prison (to keep it under control)
    + corruption path is paced the way you want it to, which is really nice
    + you can decide whether you want to play without fucking the entire prison (on prisoner mode, it's quite hard to do!)
    + I really liked the dialogues and story progression after every boss

Now comes the BONUS:
    +++ This game is fully moddable, and there are quite a few out there you can get for QOL improvements and even added visual effects (so you can basically import ur own clothing if you or someone you know has the will to draw, which takes alot of effort but is doable)

Wish I could give this more stars, as you can see the game is actually finished even though it was alot of effort, goes to show that Remtairy finishes their games and knows what they do. I will recommend you to buy it on Steam to (please) support Remtairy since DLSite version is censored and Steam isn't. Thank you for taking the time reading this review. Have a good day.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

DreamingOfPinkLips

An insanely good game. Without a doubt the new platinum standard for RPGmaker games, putting almost all of its competitors to shame. For anyone who played a lot of games made in the RPGmaker engine, this one is an absolute delight for how fresh and simply great it feels. The amount of polish this game received is incredible (it shows that polish goes such a long way for elevating an already good game to god-tier).

The game managed to overcome my most common critique I have for hentai games in general: Most of them can't combine sex and gameplay in any meaningful way, or at least in a way that makes both elements feel natural. "Karryn's Prison" manages to achieve just that. The gameplay is directly interwoven with its sexual content, every action you take has an effect on the sex scenes and said scenes (or their outcomes) can influence the gameplay in several possible ways (example: if Karryn ends up staring at too many cocks, she might not be able to resist a good look in combat too - or should you try to seduce your enemies to defeat them, that can backfire when Karryn develops sadistic tendencies or a particular fetish (of which the game has a lot).

There's so much that could be said here, from the creative minigames for the side activities, the varied combat and countless titles and kinks to explore, to the amazing artwork, the wonderful job done by the (English) VA voicing all lines as erotic as possible (even for the mentioned minigames), and the prison management itself, it all oozes raw passion. The devs have their heart in it, just like with their first game, offering a ton of content executed at the highest level possible for an RPGmaker game. This isn't just a sex game, it's simply a great game.

Just a couple important notes: The game is very addicting. Prepare to witness hours of your life vanishing inside the prison. Furthermore, it's not an easy game on your first run. Picking the easiest difficulty is a good idea for first-timers to get to know the game free of needless frustration (as the game openly tells you that its mechanics are designed to lead Karryn into depravity). Hence, the only thing that is easy is being too greedy, thinking "surely Karryn can continue serving a couple more drinks to unruly inmates to earn more money, what could possibly gone wrong..." -> next thing you know she ends up behind the counter, gushing cum from all her holes. That's super fun to see, but just like irl you risk losing it all once you go full degenerate (in this case: game over with a bankrupt, rioting prison void of all order).

It took me several attempts to get to the endings, as it does require knowledge of mechanics. If you go into this like I did, thinking it's a good idea to have all of Karryn's body be super sensitive... well, chances are you'll get fucked, a lot. Once you have a good grip of the game though, you can even tackle the challenge modes that unlock after a successful playthrough. I'll stop now though, gist being: 10/10 game, a new standard for RPGmaker games.
  9. 1.00 star(s)

BlackeyeVuk

Review for FINAL version of the game - NO DLC

Tldr- utter garbage.
    -------------------------

Pace. Control. Gameplay. Mechanics UTTER GARBAGE! Only redeeming factor is art.

Game is horrendously slow. From fight scenes to sex scenes you waste too much time for absolutely no reason. Especially defeat scenes(which btw are part of the gameplay, and no matter how good fucking gamer guru you are, defeat is imminent! And there is NO FUCKING SKIP BUTTON. If you are defeated you gonna watch THE SAME SCENE OVER AND OVER AGAIN CLICKING SOMETHING ON WILLPOWER DOING NOTHING AND THEN CLICKING SOMETHING ON ENERGY AGAIN DOING NOTHING, so you are fucking forced to to watch it OVER AND OVER AGAIN UNTIL 200 turns of NOTHING has passed . You either start hating this game, laptop, life, wife, coworker or yourself for being an absolute moron for playing this game designed for masochistic cucks!

If you somehow managed to gather sanity and decide to simply enjoy gameplay of rape then GOOD NEWS you can't even enjoy it! Because you gotta click buttons, so NO FAP TO YOU NIIII!
    Your pain doesn't end there, because every fucking scene is like that. You wasting 90% of the time staring at the Willpower/Energy menu like an absolute unit, while some bitch moans on loop over the still pictures. Yes this game HAS ZERO ANIMATIONS. Or it's jittery one frame nonce.
    I've seen better animations of this game on other peoples signature banners.That said.
    After she becomes sufficient bitch you get 10 turns ability of exactly that! SHE BEING A FUCKING BAG!
    Only time you can actually fucking masturbate. But that skill opens only when you are well progressed into the bitchhood.

If you try playing this game on a virgin path, just for the lulz. DON'T.
    Because every time you lose, you better ALT+TAB, as you ain't gonna the see end of it. You are forced to to click buttons even if they do NOTHING to change the situation, they only DELAY the inevitable! So whatever you tryna do and save yourself, it doesn't work, it delays, so instead of finishing scene in 5~10 turns you are blessed of inevitability for the next 80 turns, experiencing all the joys of pace horror. Naturally, while your precum is leaking such things are second issue to your brain, but BOY DOES IT SHOW ONCE YOU TRY AND PLAY THIS GAME INSTEAD!

I am seriously concern for people giving this chore of a game 5 stars. This should be vaporized from human history.

Don't play this game without cheat, Im serious, DONT. This game entire gameplay and entire content can be seen in first three fights. After that is just horribly paced slugfest of same shit. 80% of it is pure filler. Numbers. Worse then excel spreadsheet.

0/10
    ----
    EDIT- IT's for 1.06 version. I heard new improved bullshit gaymeplay and QaL features, but fuck that.
  10. 5.00 star(s)

sards

It feels like a AAA game to be honest. I was shocked about the quality and it will make other games that I give 5 stars being demoted to 4. Honestly a title standing as its own thing. I would suggest to try and if you like it .. buy it on steam to support more of such quality games.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

accountant2992

first time i rate a game way b4 i complete it.
    this game is really unhealthy for me atleast and for quite a few people in the reviews, i usually say okay i ll fap for this period of time and i do that, but this game i find myself pushing my limits and not knowing when i should stop to stay healthy, the unpredictability of it all is just fascinating to me, u just never know what will happen next, and it seems karryn's reactions to what happens changes the more depraved she gets, so u r looking at her getting corrupted more and more, becoming just a complete lustful being more and more, i started the game with the pure ending now that i realize that we need to reset passives and stats for new game plus anyway to go for new endings, or just new achievements, i find myself thinking oh it was useless then to start a pure ending first that took 5 hours gaming, but maybe it wasnt since one of the three titles u get increases the desire by 25% so i guess it wasnt all bad.
    i feel like i ll review this game a lot after i finish the masochistic ending this time , then i want to look and figure out if i can do a sadism ending i am not sure if thats on the table, the game is full of content, but sadly no guides to tell us for different sexual gameplays we could go for.
    after 3 floors in the NG+ masochistic gameplay, the game is getting really repetitive, and boring, since it takes longer now to unlock new passives to change the way she talks, the mini games feel really interesting and are still fresh since i dont get to do them much but at the same time they are limited to one time daily, if i decide to spam them i ll lose control of the prison and screw the whole run, so we will see after i beat last 2 floors.
  12. 5.00 star(s)

Gama_R34

One of the best RPGM games out there and an absolute blast to play.
    You can either go full slut mode or full battle mode which allows for different playstyles. The main issue is that you can't really balance the two so you have to kind of commit to whatever build you're going for or its game over
  13. 5.00 star(s)

BarbleGarb

Definitely one of the best adult games out there.

The combat, mini-games, and upgrade system really make this game stand out. There are tons of different scene variations based on what is going on and your choices along the way feel like they impact the scenes too.

There is already a lot of content in the game but I'm excited to see what else gets added in the future!
  14. 5.00 star(s)

vieparlashah

I have played and supported this game since its first conceptual release. This is one of the best ero games to ever exist, and I still play it daily. I have more than 1500 hours in this game and I won't be stopping anytime soon. Why? Because the gameplay and systems are perfect. How do I play for so long? Because this game has been expanded with EXTREMELY easy to mod plugins and config files, you can consistently create new challenges and tweak things to be just right.

This isn't just a great ero game, this is a great game.
  15. 5.00 star(s)

Eidolic

[v1.0.6b]

I passed by this one many times because I don't normally play femprotag games (not sessys, just dun laik em), so I thought there was nothing for me here to enjoy. Having said that, this game is now the only one in my directory that I had to lock away for my own wellbeing. Poetic, really.

There's something about the gameplay loop and how it gels with the corruption aspects that makes you want to come back over and over, oftentimes skipping any refractory period in the process. I am fully convinced that if ever any game on this site makes it to the local news for killing someone, it'll be this game.

That's not even touching any of the content itself, which is both high-quality and very abundant, with more coming down the pipeline and fairly expansive mods in this very thread. I thought about it quite a bit and I don't think I can really attribute the success to anything other than two talented lads giving their hearts and souls to something they love dearly for three years, according to the dev letters I read after beating it the first time.

It's a fun game, it's a hot eroge, it does what it sets out to do and I was thoroughly impressed.

Abandon hope, all ye who enter here.
  16. 5.00 star(s)

SomethingMemorable1!

Nothing I have seen has matched this game. Ive played this for nearly 40 hours on steam. This is like seeing heaven then going back to earth with all the rest of the games that continue to come out.
    Quite possibly the only 5/5 I will ever give.
  17. 5.00 star(s)

Nghtly

There is no doubt about it, Karryn's Prison is S++ tier.

Not exactly for the art nor animations, and neither for the quantity of quality of them either. No, KP is a must have experience thanks to its ability to strike at the heart of all run-or-rape esque titles - letting the player admit that the fight is too hard and to submit their MC to the enemy.

That's the magic of it, and it does so with such a perfect build up across multiple meticulously crafted facets of the game that the player will eventually yearn to take their hands off the wheel to let the waves of lust drag Karryn out to sea.

If you are reading this, you've already wasted enough time, get this game immediately and open yourself up to a whole new standard of gaming - this is it!
  18. 5.00 star(s)

Natzi boiz

a must play on this site, honestly you can't go wrong with this:
    +the art is great, lewd, extreme and to the point
    +gameplay is superb: you have management, you have turn-based, you have lewd and creative scenarios, you have authentic passive system to collect based on how imaginative you are
    +the storyline: the story is um...okay, good for a hentai plot at least. But the wholesome plotline avoiding unecessary disturbing bullshit is a plus.
    Overall, great game, no regret buying it on steam.
  19. 5.00 star(s)

TheVoze

this game so amazing, its like full package to satisfy all some kind fetish and with nice story and nice CG, the things very nice and i mostly like is lot of passive and you can play based on your taste.

and thanks to uploader to keep update about this game
  20. 4.00 star(s)

HoesMad24x

Solid game that captured most of the common kinks, above average grindy that you'll still enjoy anyway, fresh and still actively developed content. Becomes a chore after a while due to repetitive scenario if you lose too much