Ren'Py "Keys" in Android

Porcus Dev

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 12, 2017
Hi people!

In the new version of my game I added a little game, like "race cars", where player needs to press keys "z" and "x" to advance in a bar.

My question is, how I can do to port this to Andoid? What key do I have to put in the script so that the player can advance by clicking on the screen? (this would be ideal, so you don't use the keyboard)

Thanks in advance!

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
Perhaps for the Android version you should modify the interface so that it presents a pair of buttons on the screen and have the player press them instead of using the "z" and "x" keys.

You can make your game logic conditional to the platform on which it's running by using

Porcus Dev

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 12, 2017
Perhaps for the Android version you should modify the interface so that it presents a pair of buttons on the screen and have the player press them instead of using the "z" and "x" keys.

You can make your game logic conditional to the platform on which it's running by using
Huummm... of course, I had not thought about this option of the buttons on screen, thank you very much! I will try it