5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

mesoru

Sep 22, 2017
Actually started Saya no Uta late last night with the lights off and I don't know wasn't that spooked about the grotesque images even though they weren't blurred think I'm immune to that kind of stuff now I've been watching all kinds of horror movies since I was a kid. The only thing that slightly bothered me is when they started talking the blobs of flesh like things I mean.
The beginning is nice isn't? the whole strange language of the creatures and the soundtrack add to the atmosphere. It's good that you had some prior contact with some movies, i also had already watched a lot of gore movies before, so i was numbed by the backgrounds, but it's still rather creative.
The disturbing stuff comes with the game progression and the revelations, always save before the choices because there are multiple endings, each one with a different flavor of depressing x'D.
My only problem with SnU was the pacing after middle game, but when it kicks, it hits pretty hard.

RuiMist

May 6, 2017
The beginning is nice isn't? the whole strange language of the creatures and the soundtrack add to the atmosphere. It's good that you had some prior contact with some movies, i also had already watched a lot of gore movies before, so i was numbed by the backgrounds, but it's still rather creative.
The disturbing stuff comes with the game progression and the revelations, always save before the choices because there are multiple endings, each one with a different flavor of depressing x'D.
My only problem with SnU was the pacing after middle game, but when it kicks, it hits pretty hard.
Haven't really gotten far with it. Actually trying to find more VNs to read but theres this one that I can't remember the name of but I know what its about kind of

mesoru

Sep 22, 2017
Haven't really gotten far with it. Actually trying to find more VNs to read but theres this one that I can't remember the name of but I know what its about kind of
hard to discover with those details... :pokerFace:

mesoru

Sep 22, 2017
Well if I remember right guy gets asked to meet twin girls behind the gym and they ask him out but he can't decide which one so they say why not date us both.
Looks like some moege, i generally don't play this kind of vn, maybe some user versed on those can help you.
I filtered tags on vndb and restricted to: 'english language' and 'twin heroines', see if itsn't one of those:

RuiMist

May 6, 2017
Looks like some moege, i generally don't play this kind of vn, maybe some user versed on those can help you.
I filtered tags on vndb and restricted to: 'english language' and 'twin heroines', see if itsn't one of those:
Don't usually play those types either but for some reason just felt like it and been looking for a while now without much success maybe should try another website

mesoru

Sep 22, 2017
Don't usually play those types either but for some reason just felt like it and been looking for a while now without much success maybe should try another website
The link i posted gave you any clue?
If it helps, i remember:
clannad had twins, but i didn't finish it.
hoshimemo had twins, but i didn't finish it.
princess evangile had a double date, but i didn't finish it.
you see the pattern, i usually get bored with this kind of game, good luck with your search.

RuiMist

May 6, 2017
The link i posted gave you any clue?
If it helps, i remember:
clannad had twins, but i didn't finish it.
hoshimemo had twins, but i didn't finish it.
princess evangile had a double date, but i didn't finish it.
you see the partern, i usually get bored with this kind of game, good luck with your search.
Thanks. Honestly not even sure why I feel the need to try it maybe change of pace.

SayaxChise

Aug 22, 2020
So i downloaded this vn and started playing but it seem it can't get past the first cutscene and theres no menu screen it just cuts right into the chapter 1, am i missing something here? And yes i am running it in japanese locale too.

SayaxChise

Aug 22, 2020
It seems to also crash after the ost finish too after trying to run it a few times. I also think there might be some files missing too that might be why its not working.

Last edited:

Youtiy

Feb 20, 2019
It seems to also crash after the ost finish too after trying to run it a few times. I also think there might be some files missing too that might be why its not working.
It's missing the main menu because of the English translation patch, as for the jump to Chapter 1 that's also due to the English patch. And for the Crashing, are you running it in administrator with the Japanese Locale or just the Locale?

SayaxChise

Aug 22, 2020
It's missing the main menu because of the English translation patch, as for the jump to Chapter 1 that's also due to the English patch. And for the Crashing, are you running it in administrator with the Japanese Locale or just the Locale?
I'm running it everything how its was said to run it, its a no go. I suspect its missing some files because another VN i was playing, Fate/Stay night Realta Nua had the same menu problem but i got it fixed by making sure all the files were in the correct folder.

As for Kikokugai - The Cyber Slayer, i guess its going to be put on my "can't play" list till the op can sort out if they have all the files.

Last edited:

Youtiy

Feb 20, 2019
I'm running it everything how its was said to run it, its a no go. I suspect its missing some files because another VN i was playing, Fate/Stay night Realta Nua had the same menu problem but i got it fixed by making sure all the files were in the correct folder.

As for Kikokugai - The Cyber Slayer, i guess its going to be put on my "can't play" list till the op can sort out if they have all the files.
If you still want to play it I have another two solutions you could repeat the steps I did to install it which is as follow's: I downloaded it via Torrent, I downloaded the files to a folder titled "Kikokugai Cyber Slayer", from there I just ran it with the Japanese Emulator in Admin mode or if that doesn't work I could upload my game folder which is working for me. Either way hope you have more luck with your future endeavors.

Youtiy

Feb 20, 2019
Alright just did a fresh install Via torrent following the steps above and it works just fine, that should fix your issue

SayaxChise

Aug 22, 2020
If you still want to play it I have another two solutions you could repeat the steps I did to install it which is as follow's: I downloaded it via Torrent, I downloaded the files to a folder titled "Kikokugai Cyber Slayer", from there I just ran it with the Japanese Emulator in Admin mode or if that doesn't work I could upload my game folder which is working for me. Either way hope you have more luck with your future endeavors.
I'll try again but i don't think i'll get any luck out of trying, like i already tried 10 or more when i first tried to fiddle with getting it to work.

Also whats this japanese emulator is it similar to how must emulators work?

Twistty

The Happy Beaver
Donor
Respected User
Former Staff
Sep 9, 2016
Updated and added new download links.
Cheers

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes