Unreal Engine King of the Arcade! - Development Journal

Sep 5, 2017
Preamble
I'm working on a 3D game inspired by the legendary game, "Urban Demons". I've spoke about it in that other thread (https://f95zone.to/threads/urban-demons-3d.5358/). I don't have much now but felt the need to make the thread anyway and get some feedback. So here goes!

Title: King of the Arcade!
Genre: First-Person Platformer
Engine: Unreal Engine
Game Description: In a dystopic society hindered by bureaucratic incompetence and over taxation economic opportunities are scarce. Essex, a town once plentiful with honest, hardworking people is now enveloped by the dark cloud of depravity, fake news, and rigged elections. Those who refuse to be tempted by the harmful vices of human trafficking and drug abuse turn to one legal way to make money........simulated reality arcades!

Conquer the arcades to win prize money. Leverage your newfound wealth to befriend the degenerates around town. Take advantage of these lesser people and have fun doing it! Being an abusive psychopath has never been this much fun!

Thread Description: Alright. This is a devlog for a 3D game I'm working on. I will try to post weekly updates. Hopefully this log will prove invaluable as I continually work on this project.

September 4th, 2020

Desc.: Alright this is the tutorial section. Some sprinting and wall-running.

Desc.: Working on wandering NPC mechanics

Desc.: Protagonist. Subject to change of course.

Poor Josh! An 18 year old suffering from achondroplasia!

Developer Strategy
Eventually I'd like to make an 3D open-world game ala Grand Theft Auto/BOTW. But such a game, with its complexity, would require years of experience and a great deal of help (i.e.: programmers, artists). So I'll be taking the prudent approach of first making small scale games, and over time my skills would improve gradually. Enough so that I'll be better prepared to tackle large-scale projects.

Last edited:

Tk42799

Dec 3, 2017
I am impressed...(y)
I find your planned concept intriguing and believe your developer strategy is the correct path at this time. I look forward to seeing much more in the future.

Reactions: TheAnointedOne
Sep 5, 2017
September 11, 2020
Time for the first weekly update.

Desc.: Here's the double jumping. Easy feature to work out.

Desc.: A little work on the terrain.

Desc.: Bootylicious teacher. Haven't named her yet...

Desc.: OMG! Josh what are you doing!?!?

Desc.: Hmmhmm

Reactions: Tk42799